SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

14 minutes ago, Owlmanac said:

Have you heard these from a reliable source pal?

Not got much wrong is past, like I say hirst is a possibility it’s not nailed on but believe we are looking at him, wilks will be signing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

Hirst wont sign

Hirst would be a very astute signings in many ways. 

Would get fans back on Chansiris side

Decent player for this level

He wants to wear the shirt

Mend the rift between the chairman and one of our legends. 

Boost the morale of the fans. 

No saying t will happen, but compromises on each side it may happen and would be good for both parties in many ways. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Hirst would be a very astute signings in many ways. 

Would get fans back on Chansiris side

Decent player for this level

He wants to wear the shirt

Mend the rift between the chairman and one of our legends. 

Boost the morale of the fans. 

No saying t will happen, but compromises on each side it may happen and would be good for both parties in many ways. 

Signing George Hirst (won’t happen).  Would not get the owner anymore support or mend any rifts, don’t know why you think it would ?   The rift runs way way deeper than letting a half decent academy player leave the club for a pittance,  George Hirst is fairly irrelevant in grand scheme of things when it comes to the relationship between the fans and the owner 

he absolutely does not want to wear the shirt either I’m afraid, and his family will likely never be invited to Hillsborough while ever DC is still about 

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Signing George Hirst (won’t happen).  Would not get the owner anymore support or mend any rifts, don’t know why you think it would ?   The rift runs way way deeper than letting a half decent academy player leave the club for a pittance,  George Hirst is fairly irrelevant in grand scheme of things when it comes to the relationship between the fans and the owner 

he absolutely does not want to wear the shirt either I’m afraid, and his family will likely never be invited to Hillsborough while ever DC is still about 

David Hirst was sat in the corporate last season for a few games 

5 hours ago, Jamie said:

Not got much wrong is past, like I say hirst is a possibility it’s not nailed on but believe we are looking at him, wilks will be signing 

Apart from Victor Braga, Baath, Roofe, Wilks being announced in next 48 hours (June 27th), Marvin Johnson not signing, Bola, Odimayo & Vladimir Ivic?

HOWEVER, you did call Ihiekwe, Smith, Byers and Darren Moore before anybody else.

Which means I believe you have a good source and this could happen.

1 hour ago, Grants Left Boot said:

Yeah, it's true. Here is the page URL on the Leicester City website

https://www.lcfc.com/players/14283/George-Hirst/profile

I wouldn't mind seeing him back here. Not sure if Chansiri would sanction it though.

I don't chansiri would sanction it and neither would George Hirsts advisors 

I think George Hirst would jump at the chance of signing 

I think everyone especially the coaches at youth level will be well positioned to advise on horses attitude and ability which will be high of praise 

I think chansiri seems to listen more and seems more business minded for the club  than than pig ignorant these days 

if I deal could be done I think it will be done based on what I think above 

however the question is do we need another center center forward with sow, Paterson, smith and Gregory especially when we are currently just playing two central forwards and we also have windass? 

I’d argue the fact if there’s a deal to mov Sow out them yes Hirst has plenty of time to develop and showed his worth at this level last year. He also looks strong can finish and is mobile and tidy on the ball a bit like Gregory and he could be the perfect pro to see him on for the next two years before giving way and then we have a succession plan tat could set us up for the next ten years 

the question is this will George’s Hirst ever be accepted and embraced by the fan base and I think unfortunately no. The modern fan and social media today means every ok performance or miss kick Hirsts past with us will be dragged up and he would be thrown under the bus. An opportunity to try and become a club legend but this can only happen if he is loved and supported and too many will be waiting in the shadows to knock him.

for that reason maybe the time has gone for George Hirst here rightly or wrongly and all to do with being poorly advised nothing to do with a young wednesday fans ability. 

Personally If he’s available I’d be in for him and be looking to move sow on

I would still be looking for two wide attackers with pace though on top 

• Haha 1

If we can swap Hirst and Wilks in for Sow and Paterson then it would be good business.   You’d hope other teams in Holland may be interested in taking Sow. And maybe teams in Scotland could take Paterson on loan for the season.  

Personally wouldn’t mind seeing Hirst return, ideally on a permanent deal but I can see why finances may prevent that 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think George Hirst would jump at the chance of signing 

I think everyone especially the coaches at youth level will be well positioned to advise on horses attitude and ability which will be high of praise 

I think chansiri seems to listen more and seems more business minded for the club  than than pig ignorant these days 

if I deal could be done I think it will be done based on what I think above 

however the question is do we need another center center forward with sow, Paterson, smith and Gregory especially when we are currently just playing two central forwards and we also have windass? 

I’d argue the fact if there’s a deal to mov Sow out them yes Hirst has plenty of time to develop and showed his worth at this level last year. He also looks strong can finish and is mobile and tidy on the ball a bit like Gregory and he could be the perfect pro to see him on for the next two years before giving way and then we have a succession plan tat could set us up for the next ten years 

the question is this will George’s Hirst ever be accepted and embraced by the fan base and I think unfortunately no. The modern fan and social media today means every ok performance or miss kick Hirsts past with us will be dragged up and he would be thrown under the bus. An opportunity to try and become a club legend but this can only happen if he is loved and supported and too many will be waiting in the shadows to knock him.

for that reason maybe the time has gone for George Hirst here rightly or wrongly and all to do with being poorly advised nothing to do with a young wednesday fans ability. 

Personally If he’s available I’d be in for him and be looking to move sow on

I would still be looking for two wide attackers with pace though on top 

If hirst signs and I hope he does but unfortunately don’t think he will, then the majority of the fans will forgive and forget especially first time he scores? He was a young lad being advised be it badly for us or good for him it’s in the past ? There will be truths on either side that we’ll never here as well as lies and bending of the facts for both parties also . Just can’t see dc sanctioning it .

• Like 1