SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Derby County and Portsmouth in battle to sign Cardiff City star James Collins

Derby County and Portsmouth are chasing Cardiff City striker James Collins, Football Insider understands.

The Championship club are open to offers for the 31-year-old who has slipped down the pecking order following the appointment of Steve Morison last November.

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems really wrong that Derby are competing and signing good players now. If we really are after Roberts and lose out to Derby it’s ridiculous. 

I must admit it sticks in the throat slightly that they should even be in a position to compete for “decent “ players

• Like 5

Derby had 5 first team players and have signed just 3 players they need to bring in probably 12+ players. Then get then into a team inside 3-4 weeks.

Me personally i wont be worrying about Derby this season, their aim will be staying in the division and away from the relegation zone. I do not see them anywhere near the top 6, but players joining them should get game time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Derby had 5 first team players and have signed just 3 players they need to bring in probably 12+ players. Then get then into a team inside 3-4 weeks.

Me personally i wont be worrying about Derby this season, their aim will be staying in the division and away from the relegation zone. I do not see them anywhere near the top 6, but players joining them should get game time.

True, but I think the calibre of players they are signing, albeit older players, will rightly stick in the throat of every other club in L1, particularly those who may have lost out on those players.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Loads of clubs were probably pissed off with how we overspent and broke the rules and are now signing players. Nothing you can do really. 

True, but there is a huge difference IMO, we didn't go into administration.

We were punished for overspending, but still paid the bills, Derby didn't.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Derby have looked like folding for weeks and weeks and now pis...ing all over us with signings...joke.

Absolute rubbish, who have they  signed that is better than we have got already !! .#uto 

• Like 1

Derby are not “pi55ing all over us for signings”.

Firstly, like us last season, they are still not able to pay a fee.

Secondly, they need to sign best part of 20 players, we probably want no more than another four or five.

They’re bound to be signing more players than us.

I’ll judge our window on who we sign and assume that we are waiting to get the right ones over the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing of versatile full-back Steven Sessegnon on a season-long loan from Fulham.

The 22-year-old is a former England U21 international, who has played much of his career as a left-back or right-back and can also cover a variety of positions in midfield.

8 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing of versatile full-back Steven Sessegnon on a season-long loan from Fulham.

The 22-year-old is a former England U21 international, who has played much of his career as a left-back or right-back and can also cover a variety of positions in midfield.

Bonus of being a London club unfortunately 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, NOT jack whitham said:

When did i say they were better signings ?

You didn’t have to ! Your comment was how good the Derby signing are / after !!  #uto 

Im not too sure on Derby’s spending they look good on paper but some of them smell of the last pay day kind of signing ( not all of them ) but to say they’ve got around 20 players to sign still

I can’t help but think that changing room is going to be made up of a load mercenary men or people that don’t have that fight in them. I could be completely wrong and off the mark with that 

but Mendez-Laing type of players need big strong characters around him I’d imagine to keep him on his front foot 

are derby going to have enough of those characters 

like Hutchinson, luongo, Dean, Gregory, bannan etc to compensate. I’m not sure 

• Like 1