SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

48 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Curtis the only player I saw last season give Jack Hunt a torrid time. 

Be surprised if Portsmouth let either leave though for less than a million a piece.

I’d rather us sign two out and out wing backs though. There’s plenty about nowadays so it shouldn’t mean taking a chance on someone unfamiliar with the position. 

Mentioned Curtis earlier in the thread but he only has a year left and is reportedly available for 500k (their press)

If we did have funds he’d be decent as he’s versatile and would add much needed pace 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

We don't play with wingers though, so why would they join, even if Portsmouth agreed to sell them, and we somehow found the money to sign 2 wingers that we won't play, or will play out of position?

You do know Moore as said multiple times that he wants this year’s squad to be flexible and play in a variety of ways right? 

it’s pretty well documented yet some seem to think we are going to play one system all game

, every game still 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

We don't play with wingers though, so why would they join, even if Portsmouth agreed to sell them, and we somehow found the money to sign 2 wingers that we won't play, or will play out of position?

With Curtis though he’s a bit like Wilks. Neither a traditional winger or striker but somewhere in between. Could give the ability to play with wingers but he could also play as a support player to smith or Gregory 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

You do know Moore as said multiple times that he wants this year’s squad to be flexible and play in a variety of ways right? 

it’s pretty well documented yet some seem to think we are going to play one system all game

, every game still 

If we have any money, it will be spent up front, like most teams do - with some decent wages being thrown at a couple of young un's on loan at Centre back and Wing Back. We won't pay for wingers, despite what Moore might have said - 3-5-2 will be our preferred system, even it means shoehorning players out of position.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

With Curtis though he’s a bit like Wilks. Neither a traditional winger or striker but somewhere in between. Could give the ability to play with wingers but he could also play as a support player to smith or Gregory 

I get that, but Hull aren't in our division - so more likely to sell to us.

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

But you’re not gonna pay £500,000 for someone who isn’t going to start in his natural role asa a winger or as a striker. 

• Like 1

I agree 3-5-2 will be our preferred formation but he will 💯 bring in or try and bring in wide players that play further up the pitch than wing backs 

its why we are Persuing wilks that seems to be one of our top targets all summer, you can argue Johnson and windass can both play there 

windass and wilks both more wide strickers than wingers 

it’s well documented we’re chasing a lb too. I can see Moore getting this squad where a few additional bodies that can play in certain positions will release other players to play in other positions and change formation 

the current squad with out a lcb lb and stronger options out wide still pretty much dictates or limits his formation 

plus I think to get the best out of smith we need to be attacking the box more and quicker from out wide and this doesn’t always pan out with our wingbacks and formation 

Why do people want to change system every game? Why’s that a good thing? I understand slight changes in game but the notion we one week will be playing 352 and change to 4231 the week after seems daft to me. 

• Like 1

Ipswich Town have made a bid for Leeds United left-back Leif Davis. 

The offer is understood to be around the £1 million mark plus additional cash in potential top-ups.

Newcastle-born Davis, 22, was with Morecambe’s youth set-up as a schoolboy before joining the Elland Road club’s academy in July 2018.

Davis, who is 6ft tall and can also operate as a wing-back and at centre-half, spent last season on loan at AFC Bournemouth in the Championship, making 10 starts and five sub appearances, a move which was initially viewed as a precursor to a permanent switch.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Ipswich Town have made a bid for Leeds United left-back Leif Davis. 

The offer is understood to be around the £1 million mark plus additional cash in potential top-ups.

Newcastle-born Davis, 22, was with Morecambe’s youth set-up as a schoolboy before joining the Elland Road club’s academy in July 2018.

Davis, who is 6ft tall and can also operate as a wing-back and at centre-half, spent last season on loan at AFC Bournemouth in the Championship, making 10 starts and five sub appearances, a move which was initially viewed as a precursor to a permanent switch.

We need to take a Leif out of their book and stump up the cash for Wilks…

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Why do people want to change system every game? Why’s that a good thing? I understand slight changes in game but the notion we one week will be playing 352 and change to 4231 the week after seems daft to me. 

Moore has said he wants us to be more tactically flexible.

It's hardly a novel concept.

Look at how frequently Wigan adapted their system to suit the game they were playing last season, for example.

16 minutes ago, 0114 said:

But you’re not gonna pay £500,000 for someone who isn’t going to start in his natural role asa a winger or as a striker. 

I think you’ll be suprised if we signed him how many minutes or what contribution he would make 

hypothetically

sign Curtis for the left 26 year old £500k

wilks for the right 22 years old 400k 

I think that’s pretty solid business that gives us a younger more energetic squad, resale value, plenty of attacking options or way of playing and formations changes 

I keep banging on about the 5 subs being crucial this year being able to shift from a 3-5-2 to a 4-3-3 and both those line ups being of natural quality will be huge in turning a game on its head 

not only do teams have to have the players and the preparation to defend against you they have to have the flexibility in the squad to change as you do to nullify you 

our ambitions are to win this league not get promoted that’s third best after promotion it’s to win the league 

to do that our squad has to be the best and strongest all way through. I think a lot will be surprised in what we will still bring in 

sign the above 

Harley Dean 

young CB on loan 

Lb 

cdm 

and we’ve strength and depth all over to compete for 90 minutes through the season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Why wouldn’t he start? We are likely to pay a fee for Wilks who might not start each game and big wages to Smith who also might be competing with Gregory. 

Someone like Curtis is still at an age where they could sign a longer deal and be worth more than that under contract for a longer period of time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

People don’t want to hear sensible reasons for the decision.  Whether it’s that hutch wanted to return south or that we have targets set up to sign that can’t be released yet whilst their parent clubs bring in replacements.  The club made a terrible decision to let him go is the easiest thing to say

Agreed. I've been a big fan of Hutch but we're moving into a new era so no issues with him moving on. 

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think you’ll be suprised if we signed him how many minutes or what contribution he would make 

hypothetically

sign Curtis for the left 26 year old £500k

wilks for the right 22 years old 400k 

I think that’s pretty solid business that gives us a younger more energetic squad, resale value, plenty of attacking options or way of playing and formations changes 

I keep banging on about the 5 subs being crucial this year being able to shift from a 3-5-2 to a 4-3-3 and both those line ups being of natural quality will be huge in turning a game on its head 

not only do teams have to have the players and the preparation to defend against you they have to have the flexibility in the squad to change as you do to nullify you 

our ambitions are to win this league not get promoted that’s third best after promotion it’s to win the league 

to do that our squad has to be the best and strongest all way through. I think a lot will be surprised in what we will still bring in 

sign the above 

Harley Dean 

young CB on loan 

Lb 

cdm 

and we’ve strength and depth all over to compete for 90 minutes through the season 

No, no, no!

I don't care what the professionals reckon - we should play the same starting XI week in, week, out, and lineup in exactly the same way regardless of the opposition.

It worked for my school team 20 years ago...

🙄

• Haha 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Moore has said he wants us to be more tactically flexible.

It's hardly a novel concept.

Look at how frequently Wigan adapted their system to suit the game they were playing last season, for example.

I don’t dispute that. But some fans are suggesting one week we will play 352 the next we play 4231. It’s been reported that we are recruiting for 352 with flexibility in mind. He also had numerous opportunities to play with wingers over the season and played 352 religiously from the Bolton home game. 

Plus, in his interview he spoke about “just doing more of the same” because of how well we had done since Christmas. Which actually had us picking up 2.48 PPG at home & 1.4 PPG away. On course to pick up 90 points, he’s not going to rip it up. 

Plus some of the suggestions are unrealistic, we aren’t about to spend £500,000 or £750,000 on Curtis or Harness. The price is too high, they don’t fit into what we was doing & how are you keeping everyone happy? 

Just recruit for 352. Chris Wilder had the most successful L1 side of recent years and he didn’t have a winger on the books. 

• Thanks 1