SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

6 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Can you imagine the shitstorm on here if we hadn't signed anyone yet

We've signed 5 in the first week but the drama queens are getting restless

It wouldn’t be worth loggin on would it 

It be a complete meltdown despite every transfer window following the same pattern as soon as one player signs for a club 

it’s panick mode that all our business isn’t complete 

we’ve made a solid start I’m happy for them to start dropping in over the next 4/5 weeks now if they are as solid as the first 5 signings 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

After a good start to the signings feel  some other sides are adding some decent quality which might give us some tough competition.  3 weeks on Saturday till it all starts …

3 weeks indeed? Derby need to get a move on then as a good team on paper only goes so far. It would be typical for them to be decent though wouldnt it. Conor Hourihane is a ridiculous signing though they must have some good money available for him

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

3 weeks indeed? Derby need to get a move on then as a good team on paper only goes so far. It would be typical for them to be decent though wouldnt it. Conor Hourihane is a ridiculous signing though they must have some good money available for him

yeah reckon he will rival bazza for goals / assists tbh . Just really hope we can crack and make the last 3-4 signings needed . 

wilks ?

dean ??

another cb ? (Left sider ) 

lwb ? 

Derby for me would be wise not to get too excited,  they can fling a squad together all they want, I think league one is a bit unforgiving of complete overhauls 

Great squads on paper can often struggle in this division, hitting the ground running and having a solid start is what’s needed ,  I think if you look at Ipswich last season any sane man would’ve backed them for the title , but in reality they struggled for 90% of the season 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

He was a great player a couple of seasons ago,  I’ll be interested to see how he gets on 

Ridiculous wages offered, or minimal championship interest , I wonder

3 hours ago, striker said:

True, but there is a huge difference IMO, we didn't go into administration.

We were punished for overspending, but still paid the bills, Derby didn't.

You remember the reason we got relegated and the points deduction we received for not paying the bills  players.

19 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Derby for me would be wise not to get too excited,  they can fling a squad together all they want, I think league one is a bit unforgiving of complete overhauls 

Great squads on paper can often struggle in this division, hitting the ground running and having a solid start is what’s needed ,  I think if you look at Ipswich last season any sane man would’ve backed them for the title , but in reality they struggled for 90% of the season 

Keep telling yourself that 😁 you just know they'll somehow manage to hit the ground running. Always happens to everyone else and never happens to us ever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You remember the reason we got relegated and the points deduction we received for not paying the bills  players.

Yep I remember the points deduction, but as I recall we weren't deducted points for player wages. 

That said, short term cash flow, quickly resolved a lot different from administration.

13 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Keep telling yourself that 😁 you just know they'll somehow manage to hit the ground running. Always happens to everyone else and never happens to us ever.

Or Ipswich, Sunderland had a few overhauls aswell before they finally got out 

Edited by Royal_D

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Yep I remember the points deduction, but as I recall we weren't deducted points for player wages. 

That said, short term cash flow, quickly resolved a lot different from administration.

Indeed my error it was a possible points deduction if we failed to pay the players on time last season. But still my point we failed to pay our bills which was the players salaries. 

The guy wanting to buy Derby has put his own money up so they can start trying to get a team together for the start of the season, I don't see anything wrong with this. They are under restrictions of what they can pay and are not allowed fees. 

I think Ipswich will be the team to beat this season

Like Agentwalker says, Derby will be a force

Wednesday are the only team who take 6 months to get going

And with a brand new defence and keeper, we may take another 6 months to get going

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed my error it was a possible points deduction if we failed to pay the players on time last season. But still my point we failed to pay our bills which was the players salaries. 

The guy wanting to buy Derby has put his own money up so they can start trying to get a team together for the start of the season, I don't see anything wrong with this. They are under restrictions of what they can pay and are not allowed fees. 

No worries. 

Yes, but the way Derby have done it via administration isn't right. Considering that, understandable why other clubs probably irked by Derby outbidding championship clubs wage offers for players, never mind other L1 clubs. 

Of course they have a right to recruit a squad, but there are elements of taking the wee, not only for other football clubs,.but the local small businesses and other non football creditors who only got 25p in the pound. That's a lot different to delayed payments to players by a few days. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

Derby look like yet another club who are going to exit administration with the sun shining out of their ar*e and pass us on their way back up. 

Said it before and I’ll say it again, why anyone was happy for them to get rescued absolutely baffles me. F*ck them and I hope what they’re doing now crashes and burns as well.

Wheres the money owed to the HMRC gone? 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think Ipswich will be the team to beat this season

Like Agentwalker says, Derby will be a force

Wednesday are the only team who take 6 months to get going

And with a brand new defence and keeper, we may take another 6 months to get going

hopefully we can hit the ground running 

11 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

hopefully we can hit the ground running 

The main difference I see between this season and last, is we've brought 5 players in early

I hope Moore learns from last season's mistake of starting the season with only 4 centre halfs

We have lost 6 centre half's since the end of last season, and only brought two in, we need two more, minimum

One positive is the players we have now all know the division, we couldn't say that last year

I'm hopeful, it's over 60 years since we last won a title, we could be about to break that terrible run, but it won't be easy, Ipswich and Derby will be strong, Peterborough and Barnsley usually do well in this division, then there' s MK and Portsmouth, it's a strong division again.

I still think we need 2 centre half's (minimum) two wide players to challenge Hunt and Johnson, another striker, and a player who can play left back should we revert to 4-4-2

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

The market has slowed down for us the last couple of weeks. It was always going to do.

I think DM is determined to get Wilks in. If he does then striker wise we should have enough fire power to score between 40 and 50 goals from the forward department. As I’ve said before we need 3 or 4 players to hit 10-15. If one scores around 20 then great.

Like a few others given the injury issues we had last season I’m concerned with the lack of depth at centre-back. Letting Brennan go out on loan was a surprise. I still feel we want want to bring Dean back and I’d be happy with that but we can’t rely on Iorfa to play 30* games and as I’ve also said before I see Palmer playing in centre defence more than at wing-back.

I’m in the minority and I feel Moore managed his resources well last season. Hopefully the League 1 experience we now have in the squad and with the players brought in this summer should give us a chance of a fast start and a good first half of the season as I think Moore’s plan was always to manage the squad so come the second half of the campaign we’d finish strong and of course we did.

Only concern I have is Vaulks. He’s not a like for like replacement for Luongo and as we all know Luongo was important to helping get the best out of Bannan plus he’s not played in League 1 for a while and may take 3 months to get up to speed as we saw with some of our own players last season.

Top 2’s the aim but Top 6 again is more likely IMO. Peterborough, Ipswich and Bolton are the ones to watch for me.