SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Think it'll be a hard league this season.

Barnsley will expect to be up there, Derby too, us, Bolton, Ipswich, Mk Dons, Portsmouth, Wigan, Charlton, Plymouth plus there's always a couple of surprises in this league

First few fixtures are pretty key but very tough

Screenshot_20220706-074949.thumb.jpg.5b00bfb9bce6cea321ed0a57c51cc500.jpg

Screenshot_20220706-074956.jpg

Screenshot_20220706-075003.jpg

Derby have lost a ridiculous amount of players. They need a complete squad turnaround.

Some of those players lost include talented young players and also Ravel Morrison who was excellent for them in the final 20 or so games last season. I might be wrong but they need a stupid amount of players in a short space of time. It's difficult for them.

Ipswich was who everyone on here worried about last season (i remember this clearly) and they had a crap season. 

IMO we've recruited very well thus far and getting those 5 in early means we can take our time with the next lot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, modboy said:

Think it'll be a hard league this season.

Barnsley will expect to be up there, Derby too, us, Bolton, Ipswich, Mk Dons, Portsmouth, Wigan, Charlton, Plymouth plus there's always a couple of surprises in this league

First few fixtures are pretty key but very tough

Screenshot_20220706-074949.thumb.jpg.5b00bfb9bce6cea321ed0a57c51cc500.jpg

Screenshot_20220706-074956.jpg

Screenshot_20220706-075003.jpg

Can’t see Wigan making a challenge in this division this season

Charlton are a basket case of a club

Portsmouth are skint

MK lost their best players

We have a very good chance this year

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Owl66 said:

Good morning guys been off for a few days because nothing to say so will update you all now ! Victor braga will NOT be signing for Sheffield Wednesday he officially signed in Saudi in the early hours of this morning it’s not hit the press yet so if any of you want to google it you can it won’t show until a few days time so now you can guess what my relationship was with the player, back to Victor he was offered a 2 year deal at Wednesday with year option DM agreed it ( wanted competition in that department) David Downes agreed it ( head of recruitment) went to the chairman he said ask the player to wait till start of season to see how dawson gets on unbelievable as if any player is going to do that !! The player stayed at my pals house for 3 weeks waiting for his medical I know personally as I drove him to Hillsborough to see the stadium and was selling him the dream even to the point of buying little lad a Wednesday shirt from club shop😂looked at a couple of rental houses in Sheffield meanwhile the lad interest from hull and Swansea but wanted to work with a fellow Brazilian every day Adriano basso he’d already turned down two offers in Belgium better financially then Wednesdays offer so this player WAS putting career/dreams over financially gain but in the end after long many conversations with his agent and couple of agents who are my friends including me ( you now know my job from this😂) he decided to take the job by the 5 times the salary he would have been on at Wednesday and even up to yesterday ( Tuesday 5th) he was giving Wednesday through his agent time to think about getting his deal done but Darren said yesterday in a call chairman wants to go with the two he’s got and at the end of the day he pays the wages. Fair play to DM he pushed and pushed for this deal as he really liked Victor but the man at the top was undecided so unfortunately Wednesday have missed out on a top keeper at the end of his contract on a free 30 years old who would no doubt have been at Wednesday a long time and BTW just to show his pedigree last season I went to watch him a few times last season and did brilliantly against porto,sporting lisbon benfica and braga and also personally spoke to Carlos at braga who recommended and spoke glowing of his time at Wednesday. So right I’m ready SWFCSI to send my £100 as I promised to your food bank. 

Fair play to you 

10 minutes ago, Owl66 said:

Good morning guys been off for a few days because nothing to say so will update you all now ! Victor braga will NOT be signing for Sheffield Wednesday he officially signed in Saudi in the early hours of this morning it’s not hit the press yet so if any of you want to google it you can it won’t show until a few days time so now you can guess what my relationship was with the player, back to Victor he was offered a 2 year deal at Wednesday with year option DM agreed it ( wanted competition in that department) David Downes agreed it ( head of recruitment) went to the chairman he said ask the player to wait till start of season to see how dawson gets on unbelievable as if any player is going to do that !! The player stayed at my pals house for 3 weeks waiting for his medical I know personally as I drove him to Hillsborough to see the stadium and was selling him the dream even to the point of buying little lad a Wednesday shirt from club shop😂looked at a couple of rental houses in Sheffield meanwhile the lad interest from hull and Swansea but wanted to work with a fellow Brazilian every day Adriano basso he’d already turned down two offers in Belgium better financially then Wednesdays offer so this player WAS putting career/dreams over financially gain but in the end after long many conversations with his agent and couple of agents who are my friends including me ( you now know my job from this😂) he decided to take the job by the 5 times the salary he would have been on at Wednesday and even up to yesterday ( Tuesday 5th) he was giving Wednesday through his agent time to think about getting his deal done but Darren said yesterday in a call chairman wants to go with the two he’s got and at the end of the day he pays the wages. Fair play to DM he pushed and pushed for this deal as he really liked Victor but the man at the top was undecided so unfortunately Wednesday have missed out on a top keeper at the end of his contract on a free 30 years old who would no doubt have been at Wednesday a long time and BTW just to show his pedigree last season I went to watch him a few times last season and did brilliantly against porto,sporting lisbon benfica and braga and also personally spoke to Carlos at braga who recommended and spoke glowing of his time at Wednesday. So right I’m ready SWFCSI to send my £100 as I promised to your food bank. 

🙈

So, who have Rosenior's Derby signed so far? Have they got Chester and Hourihane over the line yet? They've got NML, linked with James Collins and McGoldrick, decent signings if they pull off all of these. Not quite sure how it's been allowed to happen like but that's the EFL for you 

11 minutes ago, Owl66 said:

If this is true you cannot blame the Chairman after signing Stockdale and Dawson having a good season last term 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

If this is true you cannot blame the Chairman after signing Stockdale and Dawson having a good season last term 

Only Time wi tell on this but believe me braga is better then these two in my humble opinion 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

So, who have Rosenior's Derby signed so far? Have they got Chester and Hourihane over the line yet? They've got NML, linked with James Collins and McGoldrick, decent signings if they pull off all of these. Not quite sure how it's been allowed to happen like but that's the EFL for you 

Percy on Twitter has just posted that Derby will complete the signings of James Chester, David McGoldrick and Conor Hourihane. Want James Collins from Cardiff on a free

Its all old men on free transfers. Are they really going to be bothered or is it a final wage cheque

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Percy on Twitter has just posted that Derby will complete the signings of James Chester, David McGoldrick and Conor Hourihane. Want James Collins from Cardiff on a free

Its all old men on free transfers. Are they really going to be bothered or is it a final wage cheque

Karma can be a ***** for clubs who cheat. 

It's needs must for them, can understand why they are signing these players, but maybe some of these old men will have a few injuries throughout the season. No substitute for experience, but L1 also needs energy and pace, can't plod about in this league now like in previous years. 

I’d love to know why Derby are straight out of admin after having a million years to sort themselves out , and now have no embargo and allowed to sign who they want 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’d love to know why Derby are straight out of admin after having a million years to sort themselves out , and now have no embargo and allowed to sign who they want 

They are supposed to be under an embargo but no details published. 

There were suggestions by Derby fans that this included frees and loans only, plus a wage cap of around £8k pw.

I seriously doubt they signed Hourihane for less than £8k pw though.

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If I remember right

When we were embargoed we were allowed to sign freebies and loans to make the squad numbers up to 23

If Derby are short of players, then they will be allowed to bring players in to make their squad up

It's not preferential treatment, we were allowed to do the same

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Wigan were very similar last season, had a huge recruitment drive and ended up turning out consistent performances all season.

Keeper wise, I know we had a conversation with McKeown who had been released from Grimsby, he'd have been a third choice and back up to Dawson & Stockdale but it sounds like we are comfortable with Charles making the step up.

I genuinely think Harlee Dean is a massive addition if we can get him in, but I think that's going to be very tough now Bowyer has gone. 

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If I remember right

When we were embargoed we were allowed to sign freebies and loans to make the squad numbers up to 23

If Derby are short of players, then they will be allowed to bring players in to make their squad up

It's not preferential treatment, we were allowed to do the same

Agree, but I wish we weren't lumped in with Derby, we didn't go into administration and reasonable to expect the terms of any embargo to be different and more stringent.

Of course they should be allowed to recruit a squad, but my concern is the apparent financial freedom being afforded to do so, after a prolonged period of administration and avoiding creditor debts.

Administration is cheating, pure and simple and there should be some consequences to resetting a club and wiping debt. IMO if a club can't afford to pay their creditors, many of which small businesses, shouldn't be allowed to compete with clubs in the league above to sign players and outbid them on wages. 

• Like 5