SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

9 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Huddersfield Town have signed midfielder David Kasumu from League One side MK Dons on a three-year contract, having agreed a compensation fee.

The 22-year-old, who could extend for a further year, played 28 games as the Dons reached the play-offs last term.

MK Dons have lost some very good players so far this summer.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fpowl said:

I’m going to disagree I think you completely underestimate how teams can dramatically change formation next  season due to the new sub ruling 

for example we start a game 3-5-2 were leading at hand time or on top 

the other team goes more defensive because they feel they can get something out of the game but more likely to lose with their starting formation

we then need to peg them back and keep the pressure higher up the pitch would you keep wing backs on or push more more attacking players on the obvious move is as they become less of an attacking threat you push forward hence a change of formation to a front two with two wingers or a central striker with two wider strikers keeping your width 

I don’t think we are going to change formation 

I think we are going to have the options and players to be able to change formation 

we didn’t have those options too much last year 

and before people start talking about mendez-Laing and corbeanu 

They was only at the club a couple of months together and it was during a period that we had no centre backs so we hardly had flexibility in the team to play differently 

it’s also a worry thinking we need to sign another two wingbacks to play 3-5-2 consistently because take out over 30s Johnson and hunt out if it 

your asking Palmer and Brown to do it 

I’ve nothing against Palmer he’s solid consistent and a fit lad but he’s not know for he’s contribution to attacking he’s more of a support player than an attacking one 

we will see but my guess is Moore will sign at least 1 possibly two attacking wide players that are kit full backs or wingbacks 

as for the Moore only sees wilks as a striker you can’t possibly know that that’s your opinion on what you think Moore sees Wilks as and I think your wrong on that I think Moore will cure him as an attacker he can play any where across the front line or behind 

You keep banging on about this sub thing. Will barely make a difference. Basically, Moore will stick with what he knows 3-5-2. End of story.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Yep, brought in a few to replace them, but only time will tell if they are of similar quality. 

Lost all of the key players.

twine 

darling

parrott

cumming 

coventry 

kasumu 

Kesler haydon

only first teamers who are left 

Lewington 39 next year 

o hora

mcrechan

harvie

eisa

They will need to box very clever in the loan market to be anywhere near next season. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, mcmigo said:

Lost all of the key players.

twine 

darling

parrott

cumming 

coventry 

kasumu 

Kesler haydon

only first teamers who are left 

Lewington 39 next year 

o hora

mcrechan

harvie

eisa

They will need to box very clever in the loan market to be anywhere near next season. 

Good point, but they have some money available from the Twine transfer. Hopefully not as strong a competitor as last year. 

From that list, I'm surprised Derby haven't been in touch to sign Lewington, or is he not quite old enough for them

lol

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Good point, but they have some money available from the Twine transfer. Hopefully not as strong a competitor as last year. 

From that list, I'm surprised Derby haven't been in touch to sign Lewington, or is he not quite old enough for them

lol

Not forced to have any money to spend all depends on chairman 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jp1981 said:

This guy is a very good keeper and would have been a good addition to the goalkeeper department. Taking into account it would have been a free transfer on relatively low wage, we've probably missed out here.

I don't think (not that I know or am any sort of expert) that it would have affected the budget that much. Or maybe it would have and that's why DC said wait.

Can’t see wages being cheap? Yes could have been a good addition but in grand scheme of things another keeper hardly a priority? Unless we were trying to shift Dawson out first? That’s why dc said wait?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmb5310 said:

Gibson still hasnt signed with Everton: https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/everton/everton-still-have-two-players-with-unresolved-futures-ahead-of-pre-season-return-3753234

I know he had some bad luck with injury, but bringing him back on a permanent could be a great move considering he's a Lefty CB.

Would be a risk to pay compensation and offer a contract to a player who has only ever played around 30 first team games in his career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Can’t see wages being cheap? Yes could have been a good addition but in grand scheme of things another keeper hardly a priority? Unless we were trying to shift Dawson out first? That’s why dc said wait?

Agree with this. If someone had come in offered a fee for Dawson then makes perfect sense to wait. For me not a department that needs strengthening at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, jmb5310 said:

Gibson still hasnt signed with Everton: https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/everton/everton-still-have-two-players-with-unresolved-futures-ahead-of-pre-season-return-3753234

I know he had some bad luck with injury, but bringing him back on a permanent could be a great move considering he's a Lefty CB.

wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Less than 20 appearances in 2 years, only 6 with us last season, and to be honest i don't think he was all that when he did play. If he was right footed he wouldn't ever get a mention, signing someone solely because he is left footed is madness. Let's judge a new player on their ability and availability, not his strongest foot.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Less than 20 appearances in 2 years, only 6 with us last season, and to be honest i don't think he was all that when he did play. If he was right footed he wouldn't ever get a mention, signing someone solely because he is left footed is madness. Let's judge a new player on their ability and availability, not his strongest foot.  

Anyone signing Gibson is signing a young player with potential.

He was very highly regarded and played for England at U17, U18 and U20 level. He was part of the team that won the U17 World Cup in 2017 (with  George Hirst I believe) and Everton paid around £1mil for him as a 17 year old. 

Sadly, injuries have ruined his early career, so anyone signing him now is gambling on him overcoming his injuries and fulfilling his potential. Unfortunately, I think it's too big a gamble for us to take right now, unless his wage demands are VERY reasonable.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jmb5310 said:

Depends on the compensation for me. 

I like what little I saw of Gibson & left footers are hard enough to find at CB. There isn’t exactly a big pool of them available. 

Still only 21, he’s actually played more games of football than when we signed Adeniran 12 months ago. It does seem common now that U23 football and removal of the emergency loan market makes it more common for these young lads to not be getting first team opportunities as often as they did say 10 years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmb5310 said:

I know I argue that players don’t sign just for the money, but with his injury record Gibson would be foolish to reject Everton’s offer (unless it’s ridiculously low and comparable with what we’d offer). 
Another serious injury would be a surprise to no-one and could be career ending so he should go for financial security.
I thought he was a decent player when fit and built a good relationship with Johnson down the left, but I really hope that we don’t give him (and Everton) silly money when he’s such a big risk.

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

No keeper is going to wait till start of season or end of transfer window and then be left with no club, Victor waited and was very patient like I said turning offers down because he already HAD been offered the deal by Wednesday I saw it with my own eyes and you would be surprised it wasn’t a big pay deal for a footballer 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paulrs said:

Nobody knows how much Derby are paying in wages but at the moment they're only filling a squad with free agents so I'm not sure what people are getting annoyed about. My understanding is only Wildsmith, NML and Barkhuizen so far confirmed with Chester, Hourihane and McGoldrick likely to follow.

All are recognisable names yes, but all are also around age 30 and seemingly past their best, and aside from the Wednesday rejects the others were all bit-part players in mediocre championship teams. None of them started more than 15 games last season.

TBF they are not rejects as they were offered new contracts but chose to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

TBF they are not rejects as they were offered new contracts but chose to go elsewhere.

I think the lure of being guaranteed game time was the main reason for turning us down for Derby.