BPF confirmed to leave?

5B14A538-D11A-4A9B-A48C-61F8B0AFB88A.thumb.jpeg.8b51145e522b0dd8518ef319fcc32a27.jpegSurely the ‘thanks for having me’ confirms his departure 

great goalie all round pulled out some brilliant saves when we needed him but he deserves better 

best of luck in the future to him! 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Joe.swfc said:

5B14A538-D11A-4A9B-A48C-61F8B0AFB88A.thumb.jpeg.8b51145e522b0dd8518ef319fcc32a27.jpegSurely the ‘thanks for having me’ confirms his departure 

great goalie all round pulled out some brilliant saves when we needed him but he deserves better 

best of luck in the future to him! 

Not neccessarily. Could be Burnley want to see how things go...

If Burnley get relegated they may need to trim their wage bill. Selling their current keeper and having BPF ready to go straight in with a full season between the sticks behind him. 

would make sense for Burnley. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

He did ok for us - improved as the season progressed but not irreplaceable.

Dawson will be back full of confidence, Wildsmith needs to leave and bring in another keeper to challenge Dawson 

Dawson will be number two next season

A new keeper will be brought in

• Like 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Joe.swfc said:

Yeah but the point I’m getting at he’s not gonna sign a new contract 

He never had an old contract with us, his loan is finished & he returned to his club. 

We may ask Burnley if he’s available for loan again next season but lots of things to sort before that discussion will take place, not least Burnley’s divisional status. 

• Like 2

I have been attending Hillsborough and a good few other grounds since 1957. I haven't seen many keepers that don't have an extensive catalogue of super saves that they have kept in their lockers over the years. So too the clean sheets but these are just as much a product of the defence that offers protection to the keepers.

So what do we look for in a Keeper ? Sound subjective positional sense. An increasing degree of footwork given the back passes and playing out philosophy. A big shout out capable of organising his back line in conjunction with the defensive organiser. Finally, a keeper strong enough to physically cope with all the buffeting and roughing that we see from in coming set pieces. These attributes, rather than super saves, are what will reduce our goals conceded column.       

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Good luck to him - a bit of advice with the ball at your feet - Franz Beckenbauer you are not. Row Z.

Yes, definitely, couldn’t agree more.

The problem is that, in the modern game, the goalkeeper is virtually expected to be able to play almost as a sweeper rather than someone whose sole task is to stop the ball going into the net.

Always used to get edgy when one of our defenders passed the ball back to BPF, especially if there was an on rushing attacker bearing down on him at speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1