BPF confirmed to leave?

39 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I have been attending Hillsborough and a good few other grounds since 1957. I haven't seen many keepers that don't have an extensive catalogue of super saves that they have kept in their lockers over the years. So too the clean sheets but these are just as much a product of the defence that offers protection to the keepers.

So what do we look for in a Keeper ? Sound subjective positional sense. An increasing degree of footwork given the back passes and playing out philosophy. A big shout out capable of organi

sing his back line in conjunction with the defensive organiser. Finally, a keeper strong enough to physically cope with all the buffeting and roughing that we see from in coming set pieces. These attributes, rather than super saves, are what will reduce our goals conceded column.       

Super saves look better.

3 hours ago, Joe.swfc said:

5B14A538-D11A-4A9B-A48C-61F8B0AFB88A.thumb.jpeg.8b51145e522b0dd8518ef319fcc32a27.jpegSurely the ‘thanks for having me’ confirms his departure 

great goalie all round pulled out some brilliant saves when we needed him but he deserves better 

best of luck in the future to him! 

Why does he deserve better? He's played for a fantastic club with brilliant fans who've forgiven him for some shocking errors and allowed him to continue his development. He's played in front of big crowds in a successful side with a supportive manager. It's been a great move for him, he's right to be grateful. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Dawson will be number two next season

A new keeper will be brought in

I can't see Dawson being happy with a season sat on the bench after he's just won promotion and generally been considered the player of the season at Exeter.

If that's what is offered to him, I suspect he'll be asking for a transfer and we could get some cash in to help us buy/loan 2 new keepers.

Personally I'd give him another opportunity to prove himself now he's gained some confidence and more experience.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OriginalAlien said:

I can't see Dawson being happy with a season sat on the bench after he's just won promotion and generally been considered the player of the season at Exeter.

If that's what is offered to him, I suspect he'll be asking for a transfer and we could get some cash in to help us buy/loan 2 new keepers.

Personally I'd give him another opportunity to prove himself now he's gained some confidence and more experience.

100% agree.

• Like 1

Dawson and Wildsmith may be both off.   

Neither are happy with the ball at their feet, and presumably Moore has seen this.   I personally don't agree with that assessment of a keeper but I'm not the gaffer.

Wednesday have had good, nay GREAT keepers since forever - this season for me has probably seen the worst keeper in the net since the about 1988, maybe a little earlier to be honest.

I'm not so bothered if Peacock Farrell doesn't come back next season. 

Edited by DaveClark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

He's under contract

If he's not happy he can ask for a transfer

He wasn't player of the season at Exeter, he won the junior supporters award

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

He was paid a Premier league wage (couldn't guess how much we paid) and was unequivocally first choice for a team in a league good enough for him to be number 1 for his country again. We owe him nothing and nor does he us, thats what a loan is. If Burnley go down, he probably plays for Burnley. If they don't, someone in the champ will pay the loan fee and wages we did this season. We all move on.....(not to that banzunu though. Anyone thinking we're getting him is crackers. He's going to the prem)

Wildsmith is definitely leaving,  he’s not gonna stay here been No2 again

It wouldn’t shock me if Dawson leaves either, I think DM does rate him but I feel his confidence is shot in terms of playing here, given the choice I’m certain he’d rather stay at Exeter

21 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

I’d like to see Dawson get a chance to prove himself too. But the problem with that is that by the time you know he’s not up to it (League 1 or playing in front of critical Wednesday fans) it’s too late to get a decent replacement.

So I think he will start as no2 to another prem loanee or an older keeper with top level experience on a year long deal. Or else he’ll leave.