When will our time come?

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

I thought about Wilko but as good as he was I think had Big Jack had not left him the foundations that he had then he may not has been as successful as he was. You could also say the same for Francis with Big Ron, the team was already there for him to take forward.

You could say the same thing about Bob Paisley. Wilko took us to another level IMO. And, had we taken his advice and stuck with him for another season, we would have had a championship as well…

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

You could say the same thing about Bob Paisley. Wilko took us to another level IMO. And, had we taken his advice and stuck with him for another season, we would have had a championship as well…

Maybe? I’m not arguing with you. Wilko’s a legend here and rightly so but point I’m trying to make is, he didn’t inherit the respective car crashes that Charlton, Atkinson and most most recently Moore did.

• Like 1

Whilst the ultimate goal for Wednesday has to be to play at the highest level week in week out. To be honest I personally find the premier league boring as hell sky and the money that has come with it have spoiled the game to an extent. It’s slowly messing up the EFL as well. 

The north London derby on a Thursday night what is that about? Couldn’t even bring myself to turn tv on 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Jim said:

Maybe? I’m not arguing with you. Wilko’s a legend here and rightly so but point I’m trying to make is, he didn’t inherit the respective car crashes that Charlton, Atkinson and most most recently Moore did.

Got it.

• Love 1

At some point, we will fluke a few prem young uns on loan who turn out to be amazing.

We will also sign a few players who don't get injured as often and we can build a good team.

We will go up.

Tbh that's what happened with most teams. Some buy their way up...but most just gey lucky with loans and injuries tbh.

Unfortunately for the last 5 years we have had bad luck in both areas.

I'm at an age where I've seen it all - started in 1975 with 8k others at Hillsborough, and seen the ups and downs since.

The difference now is the longevity of our current spell outside the top flight. Sat watching the inevitable events unfold on Monday just demoralises you in knowing the seasons are just ticking by with little cause for optimism. The fans are bedrock of this club, and I just hope they stick with it, and we get an owner, manager and players who deliver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

When Chansiri p**ses off.

Hit the Premier League and he’d take his money and be off imho.

Back to topic my eldest it 24 with the middle one of 15. I’d love even a season for them in the Premier League.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

With Wednesday....

Enjoy the journey.

I can't pin my footy happiness on us getting somewhere.

Better I enjoy now.

20 odd years for a reason.

It'll make our comeback much sweeter.

As for United - they could win the Champions League....and still they wouldn't touch us.

They hate it. We win by simply existing.

Just the way it is.

Good post until that last paragraph..... then my heart sank 

• Haha 1

Who knows...

Tbf, I doubt anyone would have given Huddersfield and Luton much of a chance when this season started. Now they both have a shot of getting promoted. 

Forest made a horrific start and nearly got automatic promotion. 

First thing is to actually get back in the Championship. I think the big fear for clubs like us is the parachute payments and whether they are now creating almost this sub-tier of clubs who are too good for the Champ, but not good enough for the PL - Fulham, Norwich, Bournemouth, West Brom until they ballsed up this season. 

If we get to the point where effectively two parachute teams are taking promotion spots most seasons, then it's only going to get harder. 

• Like 1

It’s unbelievable to think we have fans in their 30s who have never seen a successful or even good Wednesday side.

im 43.. my first recollection is seeing us get promotion in 84 and was a regular visitor to Wembley (5 times in 3 years 91-93).

of which apart from being able to witness the silky skills of beni and paolo it’s been largely utter s h I t since 93

• Like 1