606 Wednesday Fan

Not read the thread or clicked on the link but being 'universally disliked' suggests we are indeed a very big club.

Big clubs generally have bigger crowds and are selected for TV more often, thus a bigger budget and in theory more is expected of them in terms of league standing.

It sounds as though the thread starter is agreeing with the caller.

1 hour ago, Five Archers said:

Don’t you like Wednesday fans from other areas Alan? What about fans of The Manchester clubs/London clubs or Leeds that live in Rotherham?  If you look round this forum we have fans all over the world, some of them are even from Sheffield. What I don’t understand about you is why you are obsessed with the Rotherham Owls? 

Hey, hold on, this isn’t transport related is it?

It’s a lazy Sunday morning, the sun is shining and Alan Lee is sat at home thinking about us.

It reminds me of that time when they were playing Doncaster and he was on here an hour before the match talking about their game with us…. A whole 2/3 matches away. lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

Must be annoying that most people around the country know rovrum for grooming gangs and not the team,fu ck off pr!ck

Pretty disgraceful post. It’s def not millers fan base doing the grooming is it. And it’s happened everywhere because nobody stood up to it or gave a fk about poor lasses in care getting abused.

Makes my blood boil when we sing about this to millers, embarrassing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

New York Stadium

:tango:

Its like an optical illusion. San Siro from outside and once inside turns into the Becsot.

Its like a smart car

New, shiny but nothing to it 

Having been born in Sheffield and then my parents moving to Rotherham when I was 2, I grew up surrounded by Wednesday fans, Rotherham fans, Blades, and the usual mix in the 90s of Man U, Liverpool, Leeds, Spurs and Everton fans. Like many Wednesday fans, I focus on my team. I'll probably laugh when a local side misses out on promotion or gets relegated. If United get to the play-off finals and lose in the last minute, of course, I'll enjoy a big slice of Schadenfreude. But I won't be watching the game like some local rivals who seem to spend as much time hating us as supporting their own club. And they rarely get the "massive" because they are blinded by their hatred of us. Outside of South Yorkshire, a lot of fans have a soft spot for Sheffield Wednesday and would like to see us back in the Premiership (those who are old enough). 

3 hours ago, Truth is out there said:

So inconsequential that you felt the need to post about it🤔

To be honest I posted about the subject of the OP and in defence of a fellow Wednesdayite which I think has slipped by you.

But, it is here I have to admit that I'd never listened to the actual broadcast which I have just rectified. He is a bit of a nob but every club has them. The rest of my post stands though.

4 minutes ago, goodytheowl said:

Pretty disgraceful post. It’s def not millers fan base doing the grooming is it. And it’s happened everywhere because nobody stood up to it or gave a fk about poor lasses in care getting abused.

Makes my blood boil when we sing about this to millers, embarrassing.

Exactly people shouldn't lower themselves singing songs about people who have been abused etc.

It seems Alan Lee has cast his bait out and hooked an awful lot of owls,facts are that every football club has some arrogant fans, some hooligan fans some moronic fans etc, including the Owls, so just don't bite, Wednesday are a BIG club with a huge fan base and with correct management etc will one day return to the premier league.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Judging by some of the comments on this thread by you and one or two others, I'd say you are a little bit bothered by us. 

Like I say, I've no issue with most real Wednesday fans (from Sheffield). But this guy on 606 was a complete b*llend. To the point where I thought he might be a blade pretending to be an Owl!  

I'll tell you a little tale Alan if I may. A few years ago I was working away from home, down in South West Wales for a large company on a refinery. Eventually as more staff got transferred in we finished up with people from all over the country, 2 more of which were from South Yorkshire, a Rotherham fan and a grunter.

So, after things settled down a bit, and we'd all got to know each other, when the grunter was due to travel home for his long weekend I'd nip round to where he'd parked his car and let one of his tyres down. This would obviously annoy him and make him late setting off for home. It was on the third time of doing this that I got caught, not by the grunter but by the Rotherham fan. He, went ballistic, absolutely fuming, not because I was letting the grunters tyres down, but because I hadn't been letting his down.

"I suppose it's you that's been inking his safety specs and painting the inside of his helmet with copaslip as well" he asked.

And I had to admit to pulling these pranks as well, he was distraught, he sought relevance you see where none existed.

So, enjoy your promotion, over the 46 games it's well deserved, but relevance you don't get I'm afraid. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Relax fella, you'll do yourself a mischief. 

FYI, New York Stadium is in an area called 'New York'. This area's been called New York for as long as New York, USA.

No different to Hillsborough Stadium named so as it's in Hillsborough. 

Right yeah, isn’t that just made up though?

No one had the foggiest that the area was called New York did they? 

it’s a bit like me saying the pond in my Garden is called the North Sea and expecting everyone to just go along with it, isn’t it ? 

3 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Right yeah, isn’t that just made up though?

No one had the foggiest that the area was called New York did they? 

it’s a bit like me saying the pond in my Garden is called the North Sea and expecting everyone to just go along with it, isn’t it ? 

Ironically a pond in your garden would be about the same size as Rotherham’s Stadium