606 Wednesday Fan

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

When New York decided to have fire Hydrants placed around the city, they were manufacture in ROTHERHAM by Guest and Chrimes foundry, where the New York stadium is now.

Does that help you?.

Fire Hydrants !? 

All sound a bit made up to me

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Ironically a pond in your garden would be about the same size as Rotherham’s Stadium

I would be grateful if we could refer to it as the North Sea please mate 

Guest DoesJackHunt
10 hours ago, shandypants said:

If we’re honest, you’re not the most popular given the way you flounce on here at times. 

Neither are you mate 

12 hours ago, AlanLee said:

I've often heard Wednesday fans ask why they are universally disliked (at least locally). I've tried to give my reasons on this forum over the years, although it's the Rotherham Owls that I struggle with rather than Wednesday fans in general. 

Anyway, this attendance idiot on 606 tonight is a pretty good example of why many Wednesday fans are seen as arrogant. 

Forward to 8 mins 50 secs. 

Be interested in how many of you actually agree with his view of Wednesday and smaller teams like Rotherham. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017546

I thought he might be a Blunt on the wind up, 40,000 on Monday, BDM 50,000, sounds like a crank to me. We are not arrogant, we haven't averaged 30000 since the 1966 Cup Final seasons, we average 11,000 less Sunderland, who are massive in crowd numbers, in EFL 1 and only a couple hundred more than mid table Ipswich. When we do something to be arrogant I will be the first to get on the arrogant bandwagon. It will be worth it. Too many have been brainwashed as to our status. We are a big club in a big city, but not massive.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
12 hours ago, AlanLee said:

I've often heard Wednesday fans ask why they are universally disliked (at least locally). I've tried to give my reasons on this forum over the years, although it's the Rotherham Owls that I struggle with rather than Wednesday fans in general. 

Anyway, this attendance idiot on 606 tonight is a pretty good example of why many Wednesday fans are seen as arrogant. 

Be interested in how many of you actually agree with his view of Wednesday and smaller teams like Rotherham. 

We are 'universally' disliked in South Yorkshire by our rivals as we are the biggest club. Step outside South Yorkshire (there is a world out there) and we are not. As a Wednesday Fan I naturally dislike United but the rest are totally irrelevant.

Wouldn't surprise me if the caller was a blunt. They've tried this before pretending to be a Wednesday fan in hope to build up hatred towards us from other clubs. 

Anyway, more importantly, have you invested in your half n half scarf for when you play the Blunts next year? Such a lovely, warm friendly local derby, where both sets of fans can sit with eachother and sing together about how much they hate Wednesday. Brings such a tear to my eye.

Very rare you hear people have a dislike for Wednesday nationally, quite the opposite saying their the best fans to attend. 

Locally the hatred is there because Wednesday are the biggest club in the region and the most successful in Yorkshire. 

That’s normal.

Rotherham as a football club are insignificant always have been always will be. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

I'll tell you a little tale Alan if I may. A few years ago I was working away from home, down in South West Wales for a large company on a refinery. Eventually as more staff got transferred in we finished up with people from all over the country, 2 more of which were from South Yorkshire, a Rotherham fan and a grunter.

So, after things settled down a bit, and we'd all got to know each other, when the grunter was due to travel home for his long weekend I'd nip round to where he'd parked his car and let one of his tyres down. This would obviously annoy him and make him late setting off for home. It was on the third time of doing this that I got caught, not by the grunter but by the Rotherham fan. He, went ballistic, absolutely fuming, not because I was letting the grunters tyres down, but because I hadn't been letting his down.

"I suppose it's you that's been inking his safety specs and painting the inside of his helmet with copaslip as well" he asked.

And I had to admit to pulling these pranks as well, he was distraught, he sought relevance you see where none existed.

So, enjoy your promotion, over the 46 games it's well deserved, but relevance you don't get I'm afraid. 

Really clever that, delaying a bloke getting home to his family after working away, childish and pathetic and it's what gives us a bad name, and lots of the posts on this thread just ammunition to Alan Lee proving his point ffs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Really clever that, delaying a bloke getting home to his family after working away, childish and pathetic and it's what gives us a bad name, and lots of the posts on this thread just ammunition to Alan Lee proving his point ffs

It's a tale. A story, all made up ffs. You're not from Rotherham as well are you?😂

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Is it really hmmm..

Is it in any doubt? I said it was a tale at the beginning, you do know what a tale is don't you MQ? A tale where bloke A lets bloke B's tyres down and bloke C gets jealous as he wants A to let his tyres down as well.😂😂😂

I see you live in Rotherham, was you born there? Not TTP BTW.

15 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Is it in any doubt? I said it was a tale at the beginning, you do know what a tale is don't you MQ? A tale where bloke A lets bloke B's tyres down and bloke C gets jealous as he wants A to let his tyres down as well.😂😂😂

I see you live in Rotherham, was you born there? Not TTP BTW.

Yes I know what a tale is it's a story and I think you are trying to backtrack on it after realising it was childish, so at least you have realised it, and yes I live in Rotherham like loads of wednesday fans, what difference does it make

14 hours ago, AlanLee said:

That fan is an embarrassment, need to be humble and accept where we are in the league, it's always nicer for people on the outside to give us a good reference than one of your own, we're in league 1 cos we deserve to be there, good luck to Bournemouth Brentford and all other clubs of the same size, they've worked hard to get where they are, but don't be ******** big-headed about it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

That fan is an embarrassment, need to be humble and accept where we are in the league, it's always nicer for people on the outside to give us a good reference than one of your own, we're in league 1 cos we deserve to be there, good luck to Bournemouth Brentford and all other clubs of the same size, they've worked hard to get where they are, but don't be ******** big-headed about it

Agree

10 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Yes I know what a tale is it's a story and I think you are trying to backtrack on it after realising it was childish, so at least you have realised it, and yes I live in Rotherham like loads of wednesday fans, what difference does it make

Why so sensitive? There's nothing wrong with living in Rotherham. I used to live in Kimberworth myself, that's all there is to it.😂