606 Wednesday Fan

I've often heard Wednesday fans ask why they are universally disliked (at least locally). I've tried to give my reasons on this forum over the years, although it's the Rotherham Owls that I struggle with rather than Wednesday fans in general. 

Anyway, this attendance idiot on 606 tonight is a pretty good example of why many Wednesday fans are seen as arrogant. 

Forward to 8 mins 50 secs. 

Be interested in how many of you actually agree with his view of Wednesday and smaller teams like Rotherham. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017546

26 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

I've often heard Wednesday fans ask why they are universally disliked (at least locally). I've tried to give my reasons on this forum over the years, although it's the Rotherham Owls that I struggle with rather than Wednesday fans in general. 

Anyway, this attendance idiot on 606 tonight is a pretty good example of why many Wednesday fans are seen as arrogant. 

Be interested in how many of you actually agree with his view of Wednesday and smaller teams like Rotherham. 

This is true but club not size of history crowd figurs or size city near by  ---- called haning on to coat tails Maurice say in chicken hut

Guest DoesJackHunt
29 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Wtf , we’re disliked !? 
no, we’re not!

Only by wank3rz like the BladesMen and their best friends, the bucket carrying save our club Rovrum ( was going to put their nickname but honestly can’t remember what it is, (“tinpot pretend bladesmen”? )) ( the fookwits) (the, this is Sheffield but we’ll pretend it’s not, clowns United) ( the, we’ll be back in our rightful place as mid table league 2 side before we know it n0bsacks)

What’s their nickname though.

the Newyork stadium as far away as from New York as you could possible imagine with no association to New York, laughing stock, clueless,  tin pot, joker bladesmen wanna be, cheap housing, scrubbersville, thick people United? 

is that it ? 

I find it weird how we, or any other group of supporters for that matter, can all be lumped into a stereotype all under one umbrella. Why would anyone think they could? I know other local clubs supporters are fixated on us to such an extent they have love ins and hero worship each other.

Maybe they see us even now as setting the standard, to which they aspire, I don't know. But what I do know, is that Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster and Chesterfield have always been and will always be of no consequence to me as a Wednesdayite. That's not being disrespectful by the way, I have just never considered them to be anything other than small local clubs trying to get in on the act, a bit like the 11 year old lad wanting to play football with the 15 year olds, in your dreams guys.

Maybe they just don't like Blue, they crave relevance, but they can't have it.

Rotherham have just been promoted. As soon as it was confirmed they were going up I looked over in the field yonder, where I cultivate my f---s and behold, there was none to spare. There will be if the grunters go up though and we should miss out, oh yes, there'll be an abundance of them then.

Just a thought, have they realised most Wednesdayites aren't bothered about them? I think that might be the bit that annoys them, could be wrong though.😀

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Wtf , we’re disliked !? 
no, we’re not!

Only by wank3rz like the BladesMen and their best friends, the bucket carrying save our club Rovrum ( was going to put their nickname but honestly can’t remember what it is, (“tinpot pretend bladesmen”? )) ( the fookwits) (the, this is Sheffield but we’ll pretend it’s not, clowns United) ( the, we’ll be back in our rightful place as mid table league 2 side before we know it n0bsacks)

What’s their nickname though.

the Newyork stadium as far away as from New York as you could possible imagine with no association to New York, laughing stock, clueless,  tin pot, joker bladesmen wanna be, cheap housing, scrubbersville, thick people United? 

is that it ? 

If we’re honest, you’re not the most popular given the way you flounce on here at times. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AlanLee said:

Yeah mate.

We don't care. You've just been promoted from the third division. Enjoy it.

One day, we'll never have to play you again and you can cling onto Alan Lee scoring against or somet. 

We're built different. 

You and united are small time and soon enough you'll be nowhere near.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He hates the fact that Rotherham Owls have more passionate fans than Rotherham could ever dream about.  It also annoys him that many Rotherham fans loyalty lies elsewhere loads keep their United shirt under the Chelsea one or the Man City shirt and get their Rotherham shirt out when promotion beckons or a bandwagon is passing.

They like their big brother only exist to hate Wednesday.  

• Like 8

Interesting listen to say the least. 

Yes - the caller does have a point but so does Savage & Sutton. We as a club yes are Massive have been for years and continue to do which is reflected in our attendances despite being a 3rd Division club. Ultimately we and the mackems do not have a divine right to be dining at the top table anymore. Prime examples being Luton a chance to get back up to the Premier League or Notts County in the Conference, both have been up and down the leagues over the course of time. 

WAWAW

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bobness said:

I've often heard Rotherham fans ask why they are universally disliked (at least locally). I've tried to give my reasons on their forum over the years, although it's the Rotherham fans that come on other teams' football forums that I struggle with rather than Rotherham fans in general. 

Anyway, this is a pretty good example of why many Rotherham fans are seen as annoying. 

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/310778-606-wednesday-fan/

Be interested in how many of you believe Rotherham fans are annoying, when the fan in question appears to be just a random bloke on the internet (and is probably actually Neil). 

👏👏👏👏👏🏾👏🏾👏👏👏👏👏🏾👏🏾

In other news did anyone see Rotherham United’s victory parade in Toytown centre the other day?

I haven’t seen scenes like that since The Noah’s ark returned to intake with the Black sheep brewery challenge cup in 1998 👏👏👏

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

is that it ? 

I’m not entirely certain of the direction of the above statement.. however just for clarity… Rotherham’s New York Stadium  is called that because it was built in an are of Rotherham called New York

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to confirm - as someone who lives in the south, Wednesday fans and the club is not disliked at all.  People prefer us to the pigs and feel we have a great fanbase and the club should be in the top division.  

This is like one of those clickbait articles

”Wednesday fans are universally disliked!…” 
open article…. “…by all pigs fans, says billy blunt”.   

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Django said:

I think many local fans don’t understand that most of our perceived “arrogance” is mostly in humour and they don’t get it 

We know what we are a well supported club who have been sheite for over 2 decades

Now p*ss off 

Have to admit I must be one of those that “don’t understand” if you are implying that the fella on the radio was jesting

Sutton is (deliberately) an absolute plum but Andrew absolutely eclipsed him (unintentionally) in the buffoonery ratings

• Like 1