606 Wednesday Fan

3 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I’m not entirely certain of the direction of the above statement.. however just for clarity… Rotherham’s New York Stadium  is called that because it was built in an are of Rotherham called New York

They proper play up to that New york link. They’ve got a play centre called the big apple and a car garage called Central Park 

:duntmatter:

6 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I’m not entirely certain of the direction of the above statement.. however just for clarity… Rotherham’s New York Stadium  is called that because it was built in an are of Rotherham called New York

surely it’s new millmoor. ?

1 minute ago, Truth is out there said:

Have to admit I must be one of those that “don’t understand” if you are implying that the fella on the radio was jesting

Sutton is (deliberately) an absolute plum but Andrew absolutely eclipsed him (unintentionally) in the buffoonery ratings

It’s the whole massive thing and the usual football “banter” 

People take it too seriously ffs it’s only football and we take the p*ss out of ourselves just as much as we do other clubs 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kelfin Platz said:

I find it weird how we, or any other group of supporters for that matter, can all be lumped into a stereotype all under one umbrella. Why would anyone think they could? I know other local clubs supporters are fixated on us to such an extent they have love ins and hero worship each other.

Maybe they see us even now as setting the standard, to which they aspire, I don't know. But what I do know, is that Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster and Chesterfield have always been and will always be of no consequence to me as a Wednesdayite. That's not being disrespectful by the way, I have just never considered them to be anything other than small local clubs trying to get in on the act, a bit like the 11 year old lad wanting to play football with the 15 year olds, in your dreams guys.

Maybe they just don't like Blue, they crave relevance, but they can't have it.

Rotherham have just been promoted. As soon as it was confirmed they were going up I looked over in the field yonder, where I cultivate my f---s and behold, there was none to spare. There will be if the grunters go up though and we should miss out, oh yes, there'll be an abundance of them then.

Just a thought, have they realised most Wednesdayites aren't bothered about them? I think that might be the bit that annoys them, could be wrong though.😀

So inconsequential that you felt the need to post about it🤔

• Haha 1

I think it says more about fans of the local clubs than it does Wednesday fans. Humour comes into it a great deal. I hear Wednesday fans take the p!$$ out of their own club often and they invariably do it better than any United Fan, Rotherham Fan, Barnsley Fan etc.

Yet you never hear fans of other local clubs take the p!$$ out of their own club? They just can’t  bring themselves to do it, they would rather aim their constant digs at Wednesday and it just comes over all bitter and twisted rather than funny.

Anyway whatever floats your boat?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Django said:

It’s the whole massive thing and the usual football “banter” 

People take it too seriously ffs it’s only football and we take the p*ss out of ourselves just as much as we do other clubs 

Well ‘Andrew’ was certainly taking the p!as out of himself 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Truth is out there said:

Well ‘Andrew’ was certainly taking the p!as out of himself 

Good on Andrew

Was it any worse than that Miller who comes on Radio Sheffield every night to talk about Wednesday, he’s hilarious 

Edited by Django
  • Haha 1

To answer your question honestly I think Wednesday were arrogant when we were relegated in 2000. Even though our squad was terrible in the early 2000’s we expected that it was only a matter of time till we’re we back in the prem. these days the arrogance is very tongue in cheek, mainly to wind up Rotherham and blades fans. 

on a side note it I think it shows you something that we have MK and Rotherham fans coming on here because they can’t get a decent chat going on there own message boards does tell you something about the size and passion of the Wednesday fan base/ how tinpot those clubs are. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, AlanLee said:

I've often heard Wednesday fans ask why they are universally disliked (at least locally). I've tried to give my reasons on this forum over the years, although it's the Rotherham Owls that I struggle with rather than Wednesday fans in general. 

Anyway, this attendance idiot on 606 tonight is a pretty good example of why many Wednesday fans are seen as arrogant. 

Forward to 8 mins 50 secs. 

Be interested in how many of you actually agree with his view of Wednesday and smaller teams like Rotherham. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017546

You could learn a few lessons by reading the Sunderland fan in peace thread, & an opposing fan who’s eloquent, respectful & not wanting to snipe.

Come back in 12 months when Warne has found a proper job & you’re propping the Championship up. Again! ✌️

• Like 3

I think fans like Alan Lee take the time to keep visiting Owlstalk because we are the only club who’ve ever done anything in this area.

Granted it’s some time ago since we were in the Premier League but the era that saw us play in Europe, finishing at the top end of the Premier League playing in multiple cup finals and a team sprinkled with England internationals has built up a level of anger and resentment that fans like Alan I suspect have struggled with all these decades later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Universally disliked? 😂 Pigs and other local sides don't like us and that's about it. 

As for us being arrogant, it does my head in that this is levelled at just us. We have a decent fan base and get decent home crowds, bigger than all bar 1 in league 1 this season and bigger than a few in the league above (I haven't checked so feel free to correct me) Any time we point this out we're being arrogant. I've seen us win a major trophy, something no fan of any of the local clubs who hate us can say. Same with playing in Europe. But that's being arrogant rather than stating facts. 

Why aren't the pigs arrogant? They mouth off constantly about their achievements. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Is this sad pratt still coming on here? 

Rotherham United are a turd that simply won't flush.

They got promoted and you still get pockets of their fanbase (all 30 of them) who simply can't get over Sheffield Wednesday. I have no doubt they'll be all spaffing each other off if Sunderland go through tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m just gutted the millers went up automatically 

Wanted them in the playoffs

But back on topic as a fan base Wednesday fans aren’t bothered about any of the other local clubs yet all the other local clubs fans are obsessed about us

Draw your own conclusions from that.

• Like 2