606 Wednesday Fan

Yes because people who ring football phone ins are usually well balanced fans and representative of an entire fanbase.

The vast majority of Wednesday fans know what we are. We’ve struggled for 20 years. But you can’t deny we continue to be very well supported. It’s not arrogance to suggest that the club/team has not matched the level of support we see every year. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, AlanLee said:

I've often heard Wednesday fans ask why they are universally disliked (at least locally). I've tried to give my reasons on this forum over the years, although it's the Rotherham Owls that I struggle with rather than Wednesday fans in general. 

Anyway, this attendance idiot on 606 tonight is a pretty good example of why many Wednesday fans are seen as arrogant. 

Forward to 8 mins 50 secs. 

Be interested in how many of you actually agree with his view of Wednesday and smaller teams like Rotherham. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017546

We really arnt universally disliked..thats your bum chums at the stain...we are disliked locally cus we are the real madrid of south yorkshire and hoover up fans from all the tinpot towns..thats not arrogance..its factamondos

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Wtf , we’re disliked !? 
no, we’re not!

Only by wank3rz like the BladesMen and their best friends, the bucket carrying save our club Rovrum ( was going to put their nickname but honestly can’t remember what it is, (“tinpot pretend bladesmen”? )) ( the fookwits) (the, this is Sheffield but we’ll pretend it’s not, clowns United) ( the, we’ll be back in our rightful place as mid table league 2 side before we know it n0bsacks)

What’s their nickname though.

the Newyork stadium as far away as from New York as you could possible imagine with no association to New York, laughing stock, clueless,  tin pot, joker bladesmen wanna be, cheap housing, scrubbersville, thick people United? 

is that it ? 

When New York decided to have fire Hydrants placed around the city, they were manufacture in ROTHERHAM by Guest and Chrimes foundry, where the New York stadium is now.

Does that help you?.

• Thanks 1

Why bother coming on this site with your words of disdain when no one is really interested. Have no real interest in Rotherham and wouldn't have any reason to log on any Rotherham web site. Why have you bothered on here ? Seems likely that in your moment of triumph that little green Man called envy is still eating away at your soul.

• Like 1

If you wanna throw stones about fan bases how about-

Rotherham fans not observing the minutes silince at Fleetwood- which Warne had to apologise for - then they fought amongst themselves - and presumably both lost.

That fan who came on for the Accrington penalty and attacked the player - who missed - how big a two points was that? Warne apologised.

Players off the pitch at Crewe after Rotherham fan threw missiles at the lino. Warne apoligised.

The debacle after your pathetic pitch invasion and retreat at Gillingham.

Thats just this season. And you cant take being wound up.

What a scrubby tinpot fanbase.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Leave it out @AlanLee

Couldn't care less for the opinions of a toy towner. You've just been promoted and first thought is to come on here and kindly explain why 'no one likes us'. 

Go and get ready for your 23/24 league 1 campaign somewhere else you wrong'en. 

I've often heard Wednesday fans ask why they are universally disliked (at least locally). I've tried to give my reasons on this forum over the years, although it's the Rotherham Owls that I struggle with rather than Wednesday fans in general. 

Anyway, this attendance idiot on 606 tonight is a pretty good example of why many Wednesday fans are seen as arrogant. 

Be interested in how many of you actually agree with his view of Wednesday and smaller teams like Rotherham. 

And strangely enough, despite being a Wednesdayite all my life, I’ve never heard another Wednesdayite ask this.

Just who are these vacuous, shallow individuals who might seek the opinion of a (non) rival on their lifestyle choice?

Deary me.

Firstly @AlanLee congrats on your latest promotion back to the championship. The Millers really are getting very good at doing that aren’t they?

Now, as someone else said earlier, you really ought to learn from fans of other teams who post on here. @Mackem1 @BetterCallSaul @Alan Robinson to name but three, who actually contribute positively towards this site despite not being Owls.

So, you’ve wound a few people up on here, so we’ll done for that, presumably mission accomplished for you. Enjoy next season, but please keep off here if you’ve nothing constructive to say.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Django said:

Joking aside. Good luck to Rotherham, they’ve had a great season and I think in Paul Warne they have an excellent manager who’s also a top bloke 

Kill ‘em with kindness.

42 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Judging by some of the comments on this thread by you and one or two others, I'd say you are a little bit bothered by us. 

Like I say, I've no issue with most real Wednesday fans (from Sheffield). But this guy on 606 was a complete b*llend. To the point where I thought he might be a blade pretending to be an Owl!  

Don’t you like Wednesday fans from other areas Alan? What about fans of The Manchester clubs/London clubs or Leeds that live in Rotherham?  If you look round this forum we have fans all over the world, some of them are even from Sheffield. What I don’t understand about you is why you are obsessed with the Rotherham Owls? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

Must be annoying that most people around the country know rovrum for grooming gangs and not the team,fu ck off pr!ck

And just what do you think folk associate with Hillsborough/ Sheffield Wednesday

well apart from eloquence articulation & charm from (an element of its international’fan-

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Brookhouse1867 said:

And strangely enough, despite being a Wednesdayite all my life, I’ve never heard another Wednesdayite ask this.

Just who are these vacuous, shallow individuals who might seek the opinion of a (non) rival on their lifestyle choice?

Deary me.

Didn’t you know? Alan has a constant stream of Wednesday fans outside his front door begging him for the answer as to why everyone hates us

Guest Musttryharder

But they are not universally disliked globally, only by the dregs of South Yorkshire. You obviously don't get out much. 

Just reminds me that the most obnoxious football fan ive met was a Miller.

Spoken to plenty of United fans over the years and never had them lose their poo because I support Wednesday.

Not the Millers fan though; absolutely fuming he was.

We were a bunch of cheats, gone into admin and so forth. We've never been in admin but you know.

Anyway, the silly pratt went awful quiet when I pointed out they had been in admin on several occasions and I'd chucked a quid in a bucket to keep his crap club alive.

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1