606 Wednesday Fan

Guest Wonky Owl
18 hours ago, AlanLee said:

I've often heard Wednesday fans ask why they are universally disliked (at least locally). I've tried to give my reasons on this forum over the years, although it's the Rotherham Owls that I struggle with rather than Wednesday fans in general. 

Anyway, this attendance idiot on 606 tonight is a pretty good example of why many Wednesday fans are seen as arrogant. 

Forward to 8 mins 50 secs. 

Be interested in how many of you actually agree with his view of Wednesday and smaller teams like Rotherham. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0017546

Wednesday fans universally disliked??? :tango: 

Everyone i know wants Wednesday back in the premiership were they belong.

That caller was absolutely spot on and backed up everything he said with facts. garymegson

I mean 40k will be at 'The Old Lady' tomorrow, what other third division club are capable of getting 45k at home?:Chansiri:

Don't listen to them mini pigs, they are just jealous because you are such a MASSIVE club with class fans. :duntmatter:

Anyway wish you guys the best of luck and i hope you smash Dem Mackems then tek ovver Wembley.

From a Manchester City fan. lol

5 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Yes I know what a tale is it's a story and I think you are trying to backtrack on it after realising it was childish, so at least you have realised it, and yes I live in Rotherham like loads of wednesday fans, what difference does it make

A lot to Alan Lee . For some reason he isn't telling us...maybe he has a dark secret and goes to bed in full Owls kit every night.

5 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

That fan is an embarrassment, need to be humble and accept where we are in the league, it's always nicer for people on the outside to give us a good reference than one of your own, we're in league 1 cos we deserve to be there, good luck to Bournemouth Brentford and all other clubs of the same size, they've worked hard to get where they are, but don't be ******** big-headed about it

Agree entirely. I'd be embarrassed by him as well if he supported my club with that attitude. 

Just watched Wycombe sh!tehouse their way to Wembley and I pray they don't go up. The way they played against us over the last 2 seasons was excruciating to watch. One match set a record for us in that the ball was in play for a total of 34 minutes. 

Good luck tomorrow all, should be a great game 👍🏼

I stoppped reading at "universally disliked (at least locally)".

I mean which is it? Does God, the entire universe and all forms of life as yet unfound hate us, or just sad Toytown fans, who want to be us?

20 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Wtf , we’re disliked !? 
no, we’re not!

Only by wank3rz like the BladesMen and their best friends, the bucket carrying save our club Rovrum ( was going to put their nickname but honestly can’t remember what it is, (“tinpot pretend bladesmen”? )) ( the fookwits) (the, this is Sheffield but we’ll pretend it’s not, clowns United) ( the, we’ll be back in our rightful place as mid table league 2 side before we know it n0bsacks)

What’s their nickname though.

the Newyork stadium as far away as from New York as you could possible imagine with no association to New York, laughing stock, clueless,  tin pot, joker bladesmen wanna be, cheap housing, scrubbersville, thick people United? 

is that it ? 

I don't normally like slating our own fans, but you did foolishly stick your head way above a non-existant parapet when it came to inflatable bananas, so you probably deserve this one.

The area of Rotherham where the New York stadium is situated has been known as New York for a very long time. I don't know how long, but I would guess at least 150 years. There is a huge association with this area of Rotherham and the city of New York, as Guest and Chrimes, a foundry that for around 150 years was based at the site of the New York stadium, actually made fire hydrants for New York city.

I don't know if the name for this area, or the fire hydrants, came first, but naming the stadium New York is a well thought out thing, steaped in history.

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
16 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I don't normally like slating our own fans, but you did foolishly stick your head way above a non-existant parapet when it came to inflatable bananas, so you probably deserve this one.

The area of Rotherham where the New York stadium is situated has been known as New York for a very long time. I don't know how long, but I would guess at least 150 years. There is a huge association with this area of Rotherham and the city of New York, as Guest and Chrimes, a foundry that for around 150 years was based at the site of the New York stadium, actually made fire hydrants for New York city.

I don't know if the name for this area, or the fire hydrants, came first, but naming the stadium New York is a well thought out thing, steaped in history.

Fire Hydrants….. that old chestnut !

do you want to go another 21 pages about how bananas are a bad choice of inflatable ? 

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

I don’t care about anyone other than Wednesday. If other teams supporters take pleasure in Wednesday suffering then they should of tried harder at school.