Chesterfield

On 08/05/2022 at 23:22, BOOFABI said:

Fun fact. In Persian-Farsi, the word "Chesterfield" very closely resembles the words "فیل", (pronounced "feel") which means elephant, and "چس", (pronounced "choss") which means fart. When pronounced together,  چس فیل, meaning elephant fart, sounds almost identical to Chesterfield. The place name became a joke in Iran when popcorn was introduced to the country through the Chesterfield popcorn brand, which obviously was ridiculed, but the name stuck. These days, Chesterfield in Iran means both elephant fart and popcorn. Popcorn is not terribly popular in Iran, though the sound it makes when the kernels burst is a guaranteed laugh for small kids nationwide.

Moral of the story is, Chesterfield FC is Elephant Fart Football Club.

Google translates  چس فیل   as "pop-corn"

On 08/05/2022 at 23:22, BOOFABI said:

Fun fact. In Persian-Farsi, the word "Chesterfield" very closely resembles the words "فیل", (pronounced "feel") which means elephant, and "چس", (pronounced "choss") which means fart. When pronounced together,  چس فیل, meaning elephant fart, sounds almost identical to Chesterfield. The place name became a joke in Iran when popcorn was introduced to the country through the Chesterfield popcorn brand, which obviously was ridiculed, but the name stuck. These days, Chesterfield in Iran means both elephant fart and popcorn. Popcorn is not terribly popular in Iran, though the sound it makes when the kernels burst is a guaranteed laugh for small kids nationwide.

Moral of the story is, Chesterfield FC is Elephant Fart Football Club.

e8f7661e36f32b6e9c09735a5ecf1a83--chefs-elephant.jpg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

Won at Halifax 2-1 tonight. By my calculations they will play Wrexham away for chance to go to the final.

said on telly they play Solihull on Sunday 

• Like 3

Watched it last night, best side won, had to weather a late storm of sorts, two decent goals, Rowe with a near post header @ a corner and King with a near post bullet from distance, so its off to Solihull for Chezzy, tough gig, Rowe went off but didnt look too damaged but its hard to tell.. Think they were lucky to keep 11 men on the pitch, some tasty challenges midway through 1st half that could have turned red on another day.

18 hours ago, owl_83 said:

Won at Halifax 2-1 tonight. By my calculations they will play Wrexham away for chance to go to the final.

Grimsby play Wrexham on Saturday. 

I think winners of that game will go on to win promotion. 

6 hours ago, bradowl said:

Grimsby play Wrexham on Saturday. 

I think winners of that game will go on to win promotion. 

I kinda want Wrexham to go up. Think they have been out of the league for far to long.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I kinda want Wrexham to go up. Think they have been out of the league for far to long.

Chesterfield or Grimsby for me. Always enjoyed watching Grimsby when Alan Buckley was manager. They used to play some decent football. 

Chesterfield cuss there local

• Like 1

Don't mind chezzie. Don't think they'll come back up though. They've been in a horrendous run of form leading up to the play offs, think they've won 1 in 6, 2 in 10. Which isn't great at all, so i can't see them all of a sudden winning 3 matches in a row against the top 6 teams. Solihull have won 8 out of 10 at home, drawing the other 2 and score a shed load of goals. Can't see them getting past this stage to be honest.