Bi polar Wednesdayites

12 minutes ago, marconi said:

Let’s see if your opinion changes after the Fleetwood game.

Keep clapping.

Do you want us to lose or something?

So you'll be proven right? 

Bizarre.

• Like 8

Expectations are way too high and we need to have a look at ourselves.

Yes we’re ‘Sheffield Wednesday’ but we don’t have a god given right to anything. We had to almost totally rebuild our team and we have had a shocker with injuries.

Do I think not reaching the play offs is a failure IF that happens? Meh, probably. I’ll be disappointed cos I’m human. But this is also the closest league one has ever been. It’s I head of. Whoever misses out is gonna be hugely unlucky and any other season we’d be comfortably in the play offs.

People wetting themselves after one narrow defeat is ridiculous and the criticism of Moore isn’t warranted. Just the same as Bolton. Just the same as Crewe. We played well enough and had enough chances to win the game at a canter. So the tactics and the line ups are NOT the issue. Moore cannot put the ball in the net for them.

If Dunkleys goal counts or if Patto scores his chance then starting Dunkley is a genius move and Patto on as a sub is tactical brilliance. It’s fine margins. You can’t blame the manager in these cases.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

Oh... don't get me on that topic. I really hate the whole "WOKE" thing!!!  It damages our language and spreads a weird mentality! So I do agree with you.

However, I some comments here are not within the confines of the Law  (at least not the German law - I guess the UK law is similar). 

Not sure what you mean by that as any obvious overt racist sexist or homophobic comments would usually be deleted by admin....anythng else is(and should be) fair comment...

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Not sure what you mean by that as any obvious overt racist sexist or homophobic comments would usually be deleted by admin....anythng else is(and should be) fair comment...

I'm just refering to general insults, which you get away with here on the internet, but which are hurtful and illegal nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Exactly this.

In the past I've got into spats and the only result is your own frustration.

So as you say, I still read all posts but now smile and skip past the ones I think are unreasonable or just comment and move on.

It's a forum, so there will be a range of differing opinions of which people are entitled to.

Took me a while to realise it mind 😁

Even better just skip owlstalk on match day if we haven't won. It's not worth engaging with the doom and gloom.

I wasn't too bothered about the result yesterday as I know we will still make the playoffs. We won't ever win every game that's just football for you. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Do you want us to lose or something?

So you'll be proven right? 

Bizarre.

Of course not, take no pleasure in our ability to secure the much needed wins the teams around us are getting at this end of the season.

The strength in depth is shocking.

Kamberi, Sow, Berahino, NML could play all day and not score. The team need motivating, I don’t see Moore as that man to do it.

Running out of matches now to say we’ll get it right next week and so on.

Keep clapping.

Bizarre.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Berahino has just started the last 3 matches? And you probably saw yesterday why Moore has used him sparingly.

Since the hat trick against Cambridge he’s played 378 minutes of football and scored 1 goal. And that was thrown in the net for him by the Mk dons keeper.

And Moore has got more football and more goals out of Berahino than any other manager has done in the last 7 years.

Would you start Berahino again on Tuesday night after the way he’s played against Crewe and Wycombe?

Yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

It football!!! always gone off,i can remember managers and sometimes players getting it in the neck,and S6 used to get the cushion treatment from the stands when the fans were displeased....Its not Wimbledon

Oh that's ok then and the same fans will say Moore can't motivate the team 🙄.

I didn't clap the players off but how in the world will calling them w*nk**s and telling them to f**k off help???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

It was a perfectly reasonable proposition to say we should be in the Automatics...Why? well in the last 6 Years Rotherham have been relegated to L1 3 times & got back twice,3 times this Year,if promoted.Barnsley similarly,were promoted straight back up to the Championship,when they were relegated.....

SWFC  started the season with 7 Championship regulars,including the best midfielder in the Division,possibly the Championship, a GK on loan from the PL,..etc etc...

people who accept mediocrity,get it.....

Next season will see Barnsley,Derby,& Peterboro  down here battling to go straight back up......& will be even harder than this season to get into the automatics..

Hindsight is a wonderful thing as hardly anybody was predicting play offs never mind automatic.

Wherever we finish the club has started making steps forward again and that's the main thing I hoped for this season.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FlyingOwl said:

Expectations are way too high and we need to have a look at ourselves.

Yes we’re ‘Sheffield Wednesday’ but we don’t have a god given right to anything. We had to almost totally rebuild our team and we have had a shocker with injuries.

Do I think not reaching the play offs is a failure IF that happens? Meh, probably. I’ll be disappointed cos I’m human. But this is also the closest league one has ever been. It’s I head of. Whoever misses out is gonna be hugely unlucky and any other season we’d be comfortably in the play offs.

People wetting themselves after one narrow defeat is ridiculous and the criticism of Moore isn’t warranted. Just the same as Bolton. Just the same as Crewe. We played well enough and had enough chances to win the game at a canter. So the tactics and the line ups are NOT the issue. Moore cannot put the ball in the net for them.

If Dunkleys goal counts or if Patto scores his chance then starting Dunkley is a genius move and Patto on as a sub is tactical brilliance. It’s fine margins. You can’t blame the manager in these cases.

couldn’t have put it any better

will say tho pato should’ve been subbed on for berahino instead of shodipo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marconi said:

Let’s see if your opinion changes after the Fleetwood game.

Keep clapping.

Hopefully we will win but if he starts BPF and Gregory we won't win as they can't play together they will keep getting in each others way 🙄🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

Ultimately it comes down to being football being a very emotional game. During the match being in a group with thousands with drink fuelling some of them, emotions will always be intense and opinions strong. So the good moments will always seem like the greatest ever and a mistake will always seem like a catastrophe.

Even in the immediate aftermath of the game the emotions continue to linger and vent themselves, statements will be made that are over the top and disagreements will always seem to be impossible to reconcile.  But that’s why I usually give myself time to cool off before I post anything, take it on board and take stock.

Yesterday was like many other we’ve had this year. A lot of struggle and some key moments that didn’t work our way before a scrappy goal wins it for the opposition who had probably been second best to that point.  It’s happened a few times this season, and I understand why people would look to the manager for that as it is a repeating pattern.

But I look at it like this.  We are 7 points away from 2nd with more points than most people in 7th place in the league ever have with 2 games left.  With not being able to spend money and only deal in frees and loans in the summer, and the most ridiculous injury crisis that ruled out almost every centre-back at the club for a month or more, is where we are right now really below where we should be? Even with the best manager you could get at this level I doubt it would be better.

The worst point though is that we have never had the player to do what Windass offers this team, that poacher who, when fit compliments Gregory perfectly and creates that partnership worth at least 35 goals. Bera, Pato, Flo or NML do not have that instinct and we’ll never know if TJJ would have been that option.

Where Moore failed for me was starting the season intent on trying to play his preferred 4-2-3-1 when we didn’t have the players to pull it off, specifically in terms of the holding 2 players. Since moving to 3-5-2 and playing the trio of Luongo, Byers and Bannan we have looked good, but we still lack that match winning striker.

But that’s after thinking things through, it’s not the end of the world. To many though, the hours after seeing a table with us 7th would have seemed it. And we should expect that. Don’t call them out for it, let them blow off steam and be there ready to help them regroup and go again on Tuesday, just like we do with the team and the manager.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StarmanNWC said:

Ultimately it comes down to being football being a very emotional game. During the match being in a group with thousands with drink fuelling some of them, emotions will always be intense and opinions strong. So the good moments will always seem like the greatest ever and a mistake will always seem like a catastrophe.

Even in the immediate aftermath of the game the emotions continue to linger and vent themselves, statements will be made that are over the top and disagreements will always seem to be impossible to reconcile.  But that’s why I usually give myself time to cool off before I post anything, take it on board and take stock.

Yesterday was like many other we’ve had this year. A lot of struggle and some key moments that didn’t work our way before a scrappy goal wins it for the opposition who had probably been second best to that point.  It’s happened a few times this season, and I understand why people would look to the manager for that as it is a repeating pattern.

But I look at it like this.  We are 7 points away from 2nd with more points than most people in 7th place in the league ever have with 2 games left.  With not being able to spend money and only deal in frees and loans in the summer, and the most ridiculous injury crisis that ruled out almost every centre-back at the club for a month or more, is where we are right now really below where we should be? Even with the best manager you could get at this level I doubt it would be better.

The worst point though is that we have never had the player to do what Windass offers this team, that poacher who, when fit compliments Gregory perfectly and creates that partnership worth at least 35 goals. Bera, Pato, Flo or NML do not have that instinct and we’ll never know if TJJ would have been that option.

Where Moore failed for me was starting the season intent on trying to play his preferred 4-2-3-1 when we didn’t have the players to pull it off, specifically in terms of the holding 2 players. Since moving to 3-5-2 and playing the trio of Luongo, Byers and Bannan we have looked good, but we still lack that match winning striker.

But that’s after thinking things through, it’s not the end of the world. To many though, the hours after seeing a table with us 7th would have seemed it. And we should expect that. Don’t call them out for it, let them blow off steam and be there ready to help them regroup and go again on Tuesday, just like we do with the team and the manager.

Fair post

Your comment about Moore's original formation this season is so true too

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

I’ve deliberately waited before posting so as not to overreact.

The Wycombe game was a set back and I felt very disappointed and angry at the time but the manager, team and everyone connected with Wednesday need to move on to the next game.

If we make the playoffs then it is a bit of a lottery as to whether you go all the way.

Expectations here are high and rightly so.

The end of the season is the right time to judge DM in my opinion and if we don’t achieve promotion then the debate will be quite heated.

Some will judge DM favourably / unfavourably solely on whether we get promoted (and I get that) but for me it is not as clear cut considering the state we were in following relegation last year.  Are we a better / more stable club than last season?

For now I am going to try and enjoy the rollercoaster.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Everyone needs to stop and think for a moment. 

How many other teams in this division have been embargoed to the extent that we have? 

Answer none.

How many other teams in this division went into the season unable to sign players for a fee (in other words players they really wanted to have)?

Answer none.

How many other teams in this division  went into the season with 75% of their squad being completely new to the club, all an assortment of loans and freebies and having to craft a system that worked and allowed you to compete?

Answer none

Yet in spite of all this people are constantly critical of Moore! We have people on here saying we have the most talented side in the division and should be winning every game. We are far from the most talented side and don't (nor have we for years) even have a proper strike force.

We are a makeshift side full of other clubs rejects and injury prone players. In spite of all this Moore has created a team that can compete at the right end of the table and has the best home record on the entire EFL! Makes you wonder what he could achieve if he had the resources to sign the players he'd really like to have.

Under the circumstances I think he's done an amazing job because quite frankly due to the mess that Clueless has created I fully expected us to be in a relegation dogfight.

So give the guy a break and accept that we are at last moving in the right direction. If it doesn't happen for us this season it probably will next time round.

There's a name for it, it's called football!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I've written about 10 replys to all those haters here and deleted them instead of posting

It's just not worth it. I don't think they are Wednesdayites after all. They are just haters

Don’t be stupid.

There passoimage Supporters who love their team

• Haha 1