Bi polar Wednesdayites

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Think you are taking the debate way too personally....its a free Country,and that includes free speech.....definition of which is people being allowed to offend us,with their views...

Scroll past the views/topics you dont agree with....or are not interested in.....OR post those 10 replies & challenge the people who made them to offer up their reasons...

Should anybody be allowed to offend another person?

Different opinions are very important and the base for any proper discussion. Why should I avoid it?? I do love a proper debate.

Haters don't share opinions and views, they just try to spread hate and try to put our team/manager/club down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Totally agree. I can’t see any genuine Wednesday fan wanting us to fail just because they don’t like Moore. It makes no sense at all. After all, if they’re right and he isn’t very good surely that would become even more obvious next season if we were in the championship. Then he’d get the sack anyway. 

Loads of us have had our doubts about Moore from the start, me included. I’ve been delighted at the recent upturn in form but the concerns re our poor away performances remain.  For people to use terms like haters and 'from the other side' is ridiculous. For me, if he gets us to the play offs, he deserves another season even if we get beat. If he doesn’t, he has almost certainly failed in his objective set by the owner and should probably go. I don’t hate him though, just to be clear. 

Very balanced view,yet according to at least one post,your view is 'unrealistic' and you wouldnt be viewed as a 'real' supporter for daring to offer a critique ...and not be sat there in your SWFC underpants,hat,scarf .....& SWFC Tatoo on your neck,as you post................................

14 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I don't feel guilty that I can't go to games more often. When I go, I do that for my own entertainment - just because I love it.

IMO that doesn't make me a better supporter than those, who cannot go to matches at all.

For me a supporter is somebody, who SUPPORTS the team in good and bad times - has nothing to do with money or attendance.

Agree...

13 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

A few and worse in the ground a small group where telling him to f*** off at the end it's ridiculous.

I've not missed many this season but can't imagine why you would be shouting abuse to the manager.

It football!!! always gone off,i can remember managers and sometimes players getting it in the neck,and S6 used to get the cushion treatment from the stands when the fans were displeased....Its not Wimbledon

53 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Berahino has just started the last 3 matches? And you probably saw yesterday why Moore has used him sparingly.

Since the hat trick against Cambridge he’s played 378 minutes of football and scored 1 goal. And that was thrown in the net for him by the Mk dons keeper.

And Moore has got more football and more goals out of Berahino than any other manager has done in the last 7 years.

Would you start Berahino again on Tuesday night after the way he’s played against Crewe and Wycombe?

Strikers play in pairs they take 20-30 games playing together getting to know when to go long, short or play into space. We dont play the same strikers for 2 or 3 games on the trot how will a front 2 ever develop any understanding.

We have a shoot on sign policy 62 shots in the last 4 games, only 17 on target and 5 goals. Of which 3 of those goals and 17 shots were from strikers.

13 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

Think I've missed 3 this season oh and pizza cup, managed to get to Plymouth if that gives me bonus points though 🤷‍♂️

No idea if we are going up but we have gone from might drop thru leagues, should be comfy midrange, might make play offs now fans fuming we aren't making top 2 it's madness.

It was a perfectly reasonable proposition to say we should be in the Automatics...Why? well in the last 6 Years Rotherham have been relegated to L1 3 times & got back twice,3 times this Year,if promoted.Barnsley similarly,were promoted straight back up to the Championship,when they were relegated.....

SWFC  started the season with 7 Championship regulars,including the best midfielder in the Division,possibly the Championship, a GK on loan from the PL,..etc etc...

people who accept mediocrity,get it.....

Next season will see Barnsley,Derby,& Peterboro  down here battling to go straight back up......& will be even harder than this season to get into the automatics..

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Strikers play in pairs they take 20-30 games playing together getting to know when to go long, short or play into space. We dont play the same strikers for 2 or 3 games on the trot how will a front 2 ever develop any understanding.

We have a shoot on sign policy 62 shots in the last 4 games, only 17 on target and 5 goals. Of which 3 of those goals and 17 shots were from strikers.

None of the strikers have scored 15 goals for anyone in the last 5 years but yes let’s blame Moore for it.

And Gregory and Berahino have just started the last 3 games together but were still poor yesterday?

If we don’t go up this season I’d look at the John Jules signing in January as being one of the big aspects where it went wrong. We needed to bring someone in January to get a few goals and get us over the line in the run in.

And the club were very unlucky with Windass getting injured the day after the window closed. You can’t blame anyone for that 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

FFS boys get a grip, we weren’t at the races 2nd half. We dominated the 1st half away to  atop 6 side. Had a goal disallowed and a possible penalty decision go against us. We are close to where  we need to be, stop thinking we have a god given right to be the best team in this league. 
also we had the worst forwards in the championship last year and I’m reading that Paterson is our saviour. Bloogy hell enjoy the ride and moan at the end if needed at the end of the season. UTO 

They wernt a top '6' side until we lost mate,!!  Its the same WW that we would have been expected to beat home & away last Season as a formality....

• Like 1

Exactly this.

In the past I've got into spats and the only result is your own frustration.

So as you say, I still read all posts but now smile and skip past the ones I think are unreasonable or just comment and move on.

It's a forum, so there will be a range of differing opinions of which people are entitled to.

Took me a while to realise it mind 😁

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

None of the strikers have scored 15 goals for anyone in the last 5 years but yes let’s blame Moore for it.

And Gregory and Berahino have just started the last 3 games together but were still poor yesterday?

If we don’t go up this season I’d look at the John Jules signing in January as being one of the big aspects where it went wrong. We needed to bring someone in January to get a few goals and get us over the line in the run in.

And the club were very unlucky with Windass getting injured the day after the window closed. You can’t blame anyone for that 

Moore did great job getting the team together on frees and loans.

But a few years back Chris turner did a great job getting a good squad of players together too but he didnt have the ability to get us promoted but Paul Sturrock did.

A more experienced manager with these players even with the injuries would have us top 2.

Our best period this season was when injuries forced Moore to play the same team week in week out. Is that good management. If we had not had the injuries would we be higher in the league or would Moore be changing more players each game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Should anybody be allowed to offend another person?

Different opinions are very important and the base for any proper discussion. Why should I avoid it?? I do love a proper debate.

Haters don't share opinions and views, they just try to spread hate and try to put our team/manager/club down.

Yes they should,within the confines of the Law.....look at what happens with the 'WOKE' debates we are seeing when we dont..

20 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

It's only a game......

UTO....

I think it was Bob Paisley when asked if football was a matter of 'Life or death' said NO its more important than that.....(to Liverpool fans winning a match)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Yes they should,within the confines of the Law.....look at what happens with the 'WOKE' debates we are seeing when we dont..

Oh... don't get me on that topic. I really hate the whole "WOKE" thing!!!  It damages our language and spreads a weird mentality! So I do agree with you.

However, I some comments here are not within the confines of the Law  (at least not the German law - I guess the UK law is similar). 

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Moore did great job getting the team together on frees and loans.

But a few years back Chris turner did a great job getting a good squad of players together too but he didnt have the ability to get us promoted but Paul Sturrock did.

A more experienced manager with these players even with the injuries would have us top 2.

Our best period this season was when injuries forced Moore to play the same team week in week out. Is that good management. If we had not had the injuries would we be higher in the league or would Moore be changing more players each game.

The Turner/Sturrock side had a 20 goal a season striker too in Steve Maclean. And Kenwyne Jones came in and scored goals on loan.

And don’t forget this Moore side has accrued more points than the Turner/Sturrock side. I think he’s done pretty well with the players he’s got this year.

The best period of the season came when we had a run of games with 7 days break between them. This squad has struggled to put in consecutive good performances Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday all season 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

This to cover up the stupid comment after not watching the game or clearly not knowing our players very week at all 🤣🤣🤣

Well done at least watch the game or have a basic understanding before commenting.

Let’s see if your opinion changes after the Fleetwood game.

Keep clapping.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

Would Byers and Dean have made any difference yesterday? Dunkley and Dele Bashiru were our best two players yesterday who I’m assuming you’d put Byers and Dean in for.

The players that were really poor yesterday were Johnson, Mendez Laing and Berahino (and even Bannan and Luongo were well off it).

This squad of players is nowhere near as good as some Wednesday fans seem to think it is.

We don’t have a player in the squad that’s scored 15 goals in a season in the last 5 years.

Look at the attacking options off the bench yesterday… Shodipo, Paterson and Kamberi. I’ve seen enough of them this season to know they’re probably not the answer either.

What’s your team for Tuesday night after yesterday because Dunkley and Dele Bashiru should keep their place after that and Johnson, Mendez Laing and Berahino all played like they want dropping?

i dont think it would have mattered if dean or byers played yesterday or any member of the squad , as for kamberi that net was not big enough yesterday to protect supporters from his shots  upto 100 foot high into the away end pre game.  the next 2 games as far as im concerned will determine some players future here and the managers too . i expected this performance and score at wycombe as im too used to seeing it . could also be the case at fleetwood and portsmouth wont be remotely worried about us next saturday . we could sneak into the playoffs still but then face sunderland away in a 2nd leg who will rip us to shreds like they did on dec 29th we lost 5-0 and it could have been 8-0.  

finishing 7th or getting humiliated again at sunderland cannot be accepted , if we scapped in playoffs its now likely to be a 2nd leg at mk dons or sunderland in a 2nd leg 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Not at all confident about Tuesday now.

Nor me, particularly as it is away from home.

I can just see us missing easy chances and conceding a stupid goal.

• Like 1