Bi polar Wednesdayites

27 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

That's not 80 to 100 quid spent on a day out though is it?

Brando was talking about "putting something into the club"  How much money of your day out is benefitting our club?

41 minutes ago, brando said:

Well we spend plenty on following the team..so to be honest,I value their opinion more than fans sat at home..putting nothing into the club..

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

Do u attend every game home and away? I've been to every game cup  ,pizza ,league apart from Plymouth I've been to every game . I get why some get frustrated Inc myself , I'm not screaming d Moore out at the min  that's silly at this point . But anyone thinking we are going up this or next season is in cloud cookoo land . For me if we fail to get top 6 he has to go. Losing at Wembley will prob get him to start next season. 

Some folk jst dnt get it fella.... Your spot on.... Its about understanding football..... N alot dnt... 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Yea when it loses any sensible reason.  Bet tw@tter is a sh@tfest this evening.  That's why I left all the Sheff Wednesday Facebook groups.

honestly the big social media sites have the most dog**** found this forum and realised this is probably where some of the most clued up supporters are 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

This team has unbelievable talent - that wasn’t utilised to its full potential until a third of the way through the season. 

We started the season not wanting to lose a game, instead of going out to win - a sudden change in tactics following that Sunderland game and we came out a new outfit, there were games before that we could barely muster a shot on target. 

This team should be much higher in this league and we’re not. I’ll back the team, but I have so many doubts about a manager who can’t play a settled side 44 games into the season.

On paper I agree. These players should be top of the table on payroll alone, but football doesn't always work like that. I can't get angry with Moore, and definitely not before it's all over.

- Firstly, it's a new team, it clearly took a couple of months to gel

- Secondly, I'm surprised DM managed to get a tune out of this team with what we had on September / October

- Thirdly. The whole season is better than I expected 12 months ago. We couldn't afford to pay our playing staff and relegation really did look like we were going to end up in the High Court and out of the League.

Save the inquest until we can't mathematically go up, but I didn't think we'd be challenging for promotion this season until very recently.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Surely putting something into the club means travelling hundreds of miles to watch them.

I don't feel guilty that I can't go to games more often. When I go, I do that for my own entertainment - just because I love it.

IMO that doesn't make me a better supporter than those, who cannot go to matches at all.

For me a supporter is somebody, who SUPPORTS the team in good and bad times - has nothing to do with money or attendance.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Revenant said:

On paper I agree. These players should be top of the table on payroll alone, but football doesn't always work like that. I can't get angry with Moore, and definitely not before it's all over.

- Firstly, it's a new team, it clearly took a couple of months to gel

- Secondly, I'm surprised DM managed to get a tune out of this team with what we had on September / October

- Thirdly. The whole season is better than I expected 12 months ago. We couldn't afford to pay our playing staff and relegation really did look like we were going to end up in the High Court and out of the League.

Save the inquest until we can't mathematically go up, but I didn't think we'd be challenging for promotion this season until very recently.

I can’t give him the benefit of the doubt on taking time to gel though - we tactically were playing a different game, it was so glaringly obvious we didn’t go out to win - it was defend at all costs and try and nick the game, it was so so poor to watch.

Then apparently there was something said between Moore and the players, and we come out and start attacking teams in a completely different fashion and start picking up results. 

He’s given this league too much respect - we’ve got enough quality in the squad, we should have steam rolled this division if we had a manager who went from the off and

wasnt worried what team Wimbledon would

play against us at home - tinkered far too much worrying about the opposition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just some of us look at performances and tactics and I don't see a manager who is tactically good, we always play the same way and can't adapt, which you need to go up.

Even with wins I've not often been too impressed by us this season.

Think Moore's tactical ineptness will see us fall short in the playoffs. If he does we should move on and look for a proper no 1.

Moore is a good guy with a decent eye for signings, and players like him, but tactically he isn't up to it. Has shown that every club he's been at as manager. Would make a much better no 2.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I can’t give him the benefit of the doubt on taking time to gel though - we tactically were playing a different game, it was so glaringly obvious we didn’t go out to win - it was defend at all costs and try and nick the game, it was so so poor to watch.

Then apparently there was something said between Moore and the players, and we come out and start attacking teams in a completely different fashion and start picking up results. 

He’s given this league too much respect - we’ve got enough quality in the squad, we should have steam rolled this division if we had a manager who went from the off and

wasnt worried what team Wimbledon would

play against us at home - tinkered far too much worrying about the opposition.

That's been our problem for several years now.

I agree. We should be looking to impose our game on the opposition. Especially in this league. Especially after last Saturday.

Let's wait and see where we are next Saturday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Who called him a clown?

I'm annoyed this afternoon.  I'd be very very p@ssed off if i'd been travelling up and down the country this season.

A few and worse in the ground a small group where telling him to f*** off at the end it's ridiculous.

I've not missed many this season but can't imagine why you would be shouting abuse to the manager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hyde2005 said:

Do u attend every game home and away? I've been to every game cup  ,pizza ,league apart from Plymouth I've been to every game . I get why some get frustrated Inc myself , I'm not screaming d Moore out at the min  that's silly at this point . But anyone thinking we are going up this or next season is in cloud cookoo land . For me if we fail to get top 6 he has to go. Losing at Wembley will prob get him to start next season. 

Think I've missed 3 this season oh and pizza cup, managed to get to Plymouth if that gives me bonus points though 🤷‍♂️

No idea if we are going up but we have gone from might drop thru leagues, should be comfy midrange, might make play offs now fans fuming we aren't making top 2 it's madness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Nothing worse than a person whose sat at home In the pyjamas having a go at someone whose been to the match about their opinion 

Quite easy to be happy when you've spent a 10er not hundreds 

Whose that?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

Jesus beat MK its can we catch top 2 with DM barmy army.

Win 1 and lose 1 since then and it's DM out he's a clown.

Get a grip ffs I'm seeing this from 40/50 year old blokes not just kids it's ridiculous and just make it harder for any manager to succeed at Wednesday.

What fans post on an Internet forum has absolutely zero impact on a managers ability to succeed at Hillsborough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

I’ll back the team, but I have so many doubts about a manager who can’t play a settled side 44 games into the season.

We have been playing a relatively settled team though, especially when you consider injuries.

This post intrigued me though, so I wanted to go and see how settled other teams have been... I went through all 92 clubs in the top 4 leagues and of those only 7 sides (7.6%) have put out the same starting eleven in their last two games.

For reference, it was these:

• Southampton (13th PL)
  • Nottingham Forest (4th Champ)
  • Reading (21st Champ)
  • Shrewsbury (17th League 1)
  • Northampton (3rd League 2)
  • Colchester (17th League 2)
  • Carlisle (20th League 2)

I'm not sure how settled a side you put out has anything to do with how good of a manager you are. It's about performances and results, and on those two fronts Moore has been exceptional in these last 4 months.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Waddle93 said:

A few and worse in the ground a small group where telling him to f*** off at the end it's ridiculous.

I've not missed many this season but can't imagine why you would be shouting abuse to the manager.

imo can’t reyt blame him for tonights match the lineup was good an the 1st half was promising  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

What fans post on an Internet forum has absolutely zero impact on a managers ability to succeed at Hillsborough.

As I said it was in the ground which obviously affects managers and players.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

We have been playing a relatively settled team though, especially when you consider injuries.

This post intrigued me though, so I wanted to go and see how settled other teams have been... I went through all 92 clubs in the top 4 leagues and of those only 7 sides (7.6%) have put out the same starting eleven in their last two games.

For reference, it was these:

• Southampton (13th PL)
  • Nottingham Forest (4th Champ)
  • Reading (21st Champ)
  • Shrewsbury (17th League 1)
  • Northampton (3rd League 2)
  • Colchester (17th League 2)
  • Carlisle (20th League 2)

I'm not sure how settled a side you put out has anything to do with how good of a manager you are. It's about performances and results, and on those two fronts Moore has been exceptional in these last 4 months.

That Carlisle manager would be getting more from our squad, though.

:ph34r:

• Haha 3

Not seen any of the match today, but it seems like the same old same old. Lions share of the game but miss chance after chance.

Noticed NML and Johnson in the same team. That doesn’t work, it stifles Johnson from playing his best position.

Was Byers carrying a knock or just dropped to the bench? 

How has Berahino played today? My guess would be he contributed his usual.

Still stick with my opinion that Moore should be replaced at the end of the season, should have happened sooner.