Bi polar Wednesdayites

14 minutes ago, KernowOwl said:

At what age as a Wednesday fan do you start thinking ‘oh well, onto the next game’? 

I’m 40 years old, and still get angry with results like today. I know right, I should get a life. 

You've got a life,part of that life is supporting Wednesday. We've got 2 games to make sure of the playoffs,today was disappointing yes but we can't do anything about it now, just get behind the team for the next 2 games and pray to God we do it.Keep the faith.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

I've written about 10 replys to all those haters here and deleted them instead of posting

It's just not worth it. I don't think they are Wednesdayites after all. They are just haters

If they go to games they are wednesdayites,not computer fans,remember that....

1 minute ago, brando said:

If they go to games they are wednesdayites,not computer fans,remember that....

If they go to the games to boo our team, not sure, if I call them Wednesdayites,  would you?

Or to offend team or manager.  But I can't judge as I was watching on ifollow.  

I am more refering to the people here on Owlstalk, though. Some here are really just haters and no supporters. Don't think you met them at the game.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Why would anyone want Moore to fail?  I'm just interested.

It would be incredibly petty. if it was just to say I told you so.

I agree with you. All wednesday fans want us to go up. Some think Moore is doing well with this squad of players whereas others think with the quality of the squad we should be doing better and challenging for the automatics. It seems to me to be the Moore supporters that are dropping terms like haters towards people who simply have a different opinion. I went to the Crewe match with 3 people and they all think Moore is a poor manager. That’s their opinion after a victory. So it isn’t as reactive as people make out. 

3 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

If they go to the games to boo our team, not sure, if I call them Wednesdayites,  would you?

I am more refering to the people here on Owlstalk, though. Some here are really just haters and no supporters. Don't think you met them at the game.

Thats a ridiculous over-generalisation sorry

There's probably few people that enjoy causing sh@t on the internet.

Boo'ing is crap and immature yes.  But having a discussion about our performance and whether we're hitting targets isnt.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Well we spend plenty on following the team..so to be honest,I value their opinion more than fans sat at home..putting nothing into the club..and we were crap today,and Moores subs were far too late. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Over Moores tenure i'd give the performance something between 3 and 8 out of ten.

This season it's probably between 5 and 8.  Sorry but I think we can do better that.  And in no way am I criticizing our recent form, it's been very good and it's given the who place a life.  Do I think we can do better, yes I do.  Especially at the sticky end of the season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

They are not mutually exclusive.

We can still get promoted because we have the best players.

And Darren Moore is still not good enough.

With an experienced manager, think we had a chance of automatic. I know we had injuries , but how many actually think DM is tactically astute enough. We seem to have the same old issues  with conceding goals and inability to shut up shop when required. Think another poster referenced this playing out from the back, when we just couldn't do well enough.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brando said:

Well we spend plenty on following the team..so to be honest,I value their opinion more than fans sat at home..putting nothing into the club..and we were crap today,and Moores subs were far too late. 

80 % of the ifollow net revenue goes directly to the club and even we international supports spend money on the club merchandise

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

80 % of the ifollow net revenue goes directly to the club and even we international supports spend money on the club merchandise

That's not 80 to 100 quid spent on a day out though is it?

I genuinely love your positivity but once you call someone a hater then you argument falls apart.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Waddle93 said:

Jesus beat MK its can we catch top 2 with DM barmy army.

Win 1 and lose 1 since then and it's DM out he's a clown.

Get a grip ffs I'm seeing this from 40/50 year old blokes not just kids it's ridiculous and just make it harder for any manager to succeed at Wednesday.

Do u attend every game home and away? I've been to every game cup  ,pizza ,league apart from Plymouth I've been to every game . I get why some get frustrated Inc myself , I'm not screaming d Moore out at the min  that's silly at this point . But anyone thinking we are going up this or next season is in cloud cookoo land . For me if we fail to get top 6 he has to go. Losing at Wembley will prob get him to start next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think a majority of it simply comes down to the “fans” that are postin this absolute ******* having too high expectations for the club

they’ll be the same people who watch premier league clubs an expect the rest of the teams they watch to be like them top sides end of day i love the club an i don’t care if we’re in championships or league 2 end of day i will always support wednesday 

obviously u can’t tolerate bull**** and thats when criticisms come into play but a majority of the criticisms on here are words without any thought to them

“we did **** this game nail moore to the cross” “we didn’t get him on and thats why we lost off with moores head” 

its all boring ******* that will be posted by the same unrealistic fans no matter what manager we have end of day the real supporters prove theirsens in what they say an it shows on here 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Why would anyone want Moore to fail?  I'm just interested.

It would be incredibly petty. if it was just to say I told you so.

Totally agree. I can’t see any genuine Wednesday fan wanting us to fail just because they don’t like Moore. It makes no sense at all. After all, if they’re right and he isn’t very good surely that would become even more obvious next season if we were in the championship. Then he’d get the sack anyway. 

Loads of us have had our doubts about Moore from the start, me included. I’ve been delighted at the recent upturn in form but the concerns re our poor away performances remain.  For people to use terms like haters and 'from the other side' is ridiculous. For me, if he gets us to the play offs, he deserves another season even if we get beat. If he doesn’t, he has almost certainly failed in his objective set by the owner and should probably go. I don’t hate him though, just to be clear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DecOwl04 said:

i think a majority of it simply comes down to the “fans” that are postin this absolute ******* having too high expectations for the club

they’ll be the same people who watch premier league clubs an expect the rest of the teams they watch to be like them top sides end of day i love the club an i don’t care if we’re in championships or league 2 end of day i will always support wednesday 

obviously u can’t tolerate bull**** and thats when criticisms come into play but a majority of the criticisms on here are words without any thought to them

“we did **** this game nail moore to the cross” “we didn’t get him on and thats why we lost off with moores head” 

its all boring ******* that will be posted by the same unrealistic fans no matter what manager we have end of day the real supporters prove theirsens in what they say an it shows on here 

Again thats another over-generalisation.  And there's no such thing as real supporters.  Someone who travels 300 miles to 2 games a season?  Someone who lives on Leppings Lane and doesn't miss a game?  A handicapped person whos listens to every game on the radio?  A small child whos not missed Owls in the Park in 5 years and wears all the kits?

Yea like any other page or forum on the internet, theres idiots and bllsht.  But there's also well thought sensible discussion where people get to express their feelings.  Why does it have to be love or hate?!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Take a chill pill. It’s what football fans do all over the world. Everything’s great when you win and a disaster when you lose. Always has been. Always will. Turning on each other is divisive. Shouldn’t take these things so seriously. 

Thankyou for this post.

When people literally use the words love and hate for Moore.

So childish.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

Jesus beat MK its can we catch top 2 with DM barmy army.

Win 1 and lose 1 since then and it's DM out he's a clown.

Get a grip ffs I'm seeing this from 40/50 year old blokes not just kids it's ridiculous and just make it harder for any manager to succeed at Wednesday.

Top two was a pipe dream.  Can't believe anyone would have thought today would be anything else but a tight game and a battle.

Was and we shaded it but breaks didn't go our way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Again thats another over-generalisation.  And there's no such thing as real supporters.  Someone who travels 300 miles to 2 games a season?  Someone who lives on Leppings Lane and doesn't miss a game?  A handicapped person whos listens to every game on the radio?  A small child whos not missed Owls in the Park in 5 years and wears all the kits?

Yea like any other page or forum on the internet, theres idiots and bllsht.  But there's also well thought sensible discussion where people get to express their feelings.  Why does it have to be love or hate?!

valid point with the first part but it’s the internet its not possible for me to take all of that into consideration when all i have to base them off is a stupid post made on owlstalk

and with the 2nd part i sort of mentioned that in the end and i wish it weren’t love and hate but thats football i’m afraid and society in general not possible to get along with everyone and some people jus take it to the point where it gets on ur nerves 

Edited by DecOwl04
needed to add a bit on
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DecOwl04 said:

valid point with the first part but it’s the internet its not possible for me to take all of that into consideration when all i have to base them off is a stupid post made on owlstalk

and with the 2nd part i mentioned that i wish it weren’t love and hate but thats football i’m afraid and society in general not possible to get along with everyone and some people jus take it to the point where it gets on ur nerves 

Yea when it loses any sensible reason.  Bet tw@tter is a sh@tfest this evening.  That's why I left all the Sheff Wednesday Facebook groups.

• Like 1
  • Love 1