Bi polar Wednesdayites

Just now, Asio otus said:

If we had money to spend we would have bought a decent striker for this level. No doubt given we can spend money expect this to be resolved. We have been unlucky that Windass has been injured. 

Or we could have seen that Gregory wasn't working and drop him instead of using 80085 players with him to try and get it to work.

But the other strikers never got the extended minutes or opportunity to find form, getting changed and deopped randomly.

Kamberi, 4 in 4, Sow, 2 in 2, Pato, 2 in 2. Berahino hat trick. All got dropped as soon as they had a game not scoring.

Every one of those, bar Berahino with fitness, could have led the line and done well, if given the opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Or we could have seen that Gregory wasn't working and drop him instead of using 80085 players with him to try and get it to work.

But the other strikers never got the extended minutes or opportunity to find form, getting changed and deopped randomly.

Kamberi, 4 in 4, Sow, 2 in 2, Pato, 2 in 2. Berahino hat trick. All got dropped as soon as they had a game not scoring.

Every one of those, bar Berahino with fitness, could have led the line and done well, if given the opportunity. 

I do agree that a striker needs to get enough game time to get his confidence up and start scoring 

and I do agree that Sow, Pato, Kamberi and Berahino maybe did not have enough games in a row,

but Gregory offers so much all over the pitch, that you cannot drop him (IMO). For me he is more than a striker as he contributes unselfishly to the team success.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I do agree that a striker needs to get enough game time to get his confidence up and start scoring 

and I do agree that Sow, Pato, Kamberi and Berahino maybe did not have enough games in a row,

but Gregory offers so much all over the pitch, that you cannot drop him (IMO). For me he is more than a striker as he contributes unselfishly to the team success.

Gregory doesn't have half the movement or work rate that the others (bar Berahino) do.

He closes up play, offers nothing defensively, he's knackered after 20 minutes. No off the ball, no stretching play.

He's playing as an attacking midfielder and doing it badly.

We'd get twice the production if we dropped him and put Bannan in his role, he spends most of the game behind Bannan anyway.

We need someone to move off the ball, move defenders. He closes them all up in the D, that's why we have so many blocked shots.

Where someone has the ball to shoot outside the box, Gregory runs to them for the pass, bringing the defence with him. Kamberi runs to the corner flag, taking two defenders with him. That's unselfish play.

2 hours ago, HootHoot said:

I think you might have misinterpreted my comment. 

My point was that people throw around the "big club" crap like that automatically makes us deserving of success when in reality it actually counts for nothing. 

So I agree with you and I've been saying it all season. 

I think you misinterpreted my comment, I was agreeing with you 🤣

• Haha 1

When I was younger, I was a typical Wednesday Fan. My opinions ranged from one end of the spectrum to the other from game to game.

Now I’m in my 50s, I’m more sanguine in my mood towards the club I love. The last 20 odd years in particular have made me realise, that if the club is not run well from the very Top then the chances of success are very slim.

There are varying opinions with regards to our current chairman but this season he appears to have taken a step back and seemingly allowed the manager to manage and let’s be honest regardless of your opinion of our current manager, we’ve benefited for it.

The next 2 games will define the mood of the fan base for the summer regardless of whether we get promoted or not. Hopefully the players can finish in the Top 6 then continue the club’s 100% record in the League 1 play-offs?

• Like 1

Its simply kneejerk football fans..Its hardly "Bi Polar" No-one gets bloody manically depressed about it.

Its like "booing" a ball shinned outta play and "clapping" a decent pass

More or less immediate reactions to disappointment.

Sure it lasts a while on here, til the next game usually

Go stuff bloody Fleetwood!!!