Wigan - Keane 23, Lang 17

Rotherham - Smith 20, Ladapo 12

Mk Dons - Twine 16, Eisa 12

Sunderland - Stewart 24, Broadhead 11

Plymouth - Hardie 19, Jephcott 12

Wycombe - Vokes 15, Mccleary 11

Wednesday - Gregory 12, Bannan 9

Oxford - Taylor 22, Branaghan 14

Would any of the top 8 swap their strikers for ours?

Based on goals scored we’ve got the worst striking options in the top 8

Berahino has scored 7 goals at 185 minutes per goal.

The fact that Moore is able to use him so sparingly, usually from the bench, even after he’s scored 3 in one match would certainly say yes. Unless another club has somebody else with this kind of record they  give so few minutes to?

2 hours ago, marconi said:

They both had a cracking game then.

Shame we didn’t pull off the win.

Maybe just an off day.

You were wrong though.

NML played wingback, on the opposite side to Johnson. 

He's not going to be getting in his way there is he.

Good strop though.

• Like 4

But it wasn’t about having an off day

why did the referee rule out the goal?

what if the penalty had been given?

goal attempts vs theirs were vastly in our favour

Fact is:

Our top scorer is way down the league one top scorer list.

Its been the same for so many seasons I don’t know when it wasn’t the case

Moore recruited incredibly last summer - during a time we weren’t allowed to pay for transfers.

This summer we’re allowed to pay for transfers again.

Whether we go up or stay in league one, the man deserves to continue with the project 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marconi said:

We go again. It’s still in our own hands, we can still do this bla bla bla.

This to cover up the stupid comment after not watching the game or clearly not knowing our players very week at all 🤣🤣🤣

Well done at least watch the game or have a basic understanding before commenting.

• Like 3

Wouldn’t say I’m a bed wetter or a Moore hater. Just genuinely frustrated at the performance yesterday.  For a team needing to secure a playoff spot, and with an outside chance of 2nd, I’m frustrated we didn’t take the game to Wycombe. 

Not at all confident about Tuesday now.

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
15 hours ago, GermanBird said:

I've written about 10 replys to all those haters here and deleted them instead of posting

It's just not worth it. I don't think they are Wednesdayites after all. They are just haters

Just because people show there feelings and totally pissed off with the inconsistency of this team arnt necessarily haters. I think this club with its array of talent shouldn't even be in this position but we are because of mismanagement. Sugar coat it all you like, but we are now in the  position it really is a must win against Mighty Fleetwood ffs. 

1 hour ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Berahino has scored 7 goals at 185 minutes per goal.

The fact that Moore is able to use him so sparingly, usually from the bench, even after he’s scored 3 in one match would certainly say yes. Unless another club has somebody else with this kind of record they  give so few minutes to?

Berahino has just started the last 3 matches? And you probably saw yesterday why Moore has used him sparingly.

Since the hat trick against Cambridge he’s played 378 minutes of football and scored 1 goal. And that was thrown in the net for him by the Mk dons keeper.

And Moore has got more football and more goals out of Berahino than any other manager has done in the last 7 years.

Would you start Berahino again on Tuesday night after the way he’s played against Crewe and Wycombe?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

Just because people show there feelings and totally pissed off with the inconsistency of this team arnt necessarily haters. I think this club with its array of talent shouldn't even be in this position but we are because of mismanagement. Sugar coat it all you like, but we are now in the  position it really is a must win against Mighty Fleetwood ffs. 

Trust me, I am absolutely pissed off myself!!! It ruined my weekend, I am sad and disappointed.

But that is no reason for me to turn against my own team.

We win together, we lose together!  

Somebody who turns agains us is a hater.

Constructive critisism is necessary and always welcome. Unfortunately some can't see the difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Musttryharder
1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

Trust me, I am absolutely pissed off myself!!! It ruined my weekend, I am sad and disappointed.

But that is no reason for me to turn against my own team.

We win together, we lose together!  

Somebody who turns agains us is a hater.

Constructive critisism is necessary and always welcome. Unfortunately some can't see the difference.

Factor in the emotions, expectations, disappointments poor man management of the club. Yes there are vile comments but those posters stand out like a sore thumbs. 

Moore's constant tinkering and 'resting' players that are in good form, is very frustrating. Supposedly he's saving them for the play-offs. Actually we might not even make them for this very reason. Whether he is wanting to keep his squad players happy or whether he thinks he is a master tactician, he really ought to have his best eleven sorted by now and starting and not be making changes every match we play.

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Moore's constant tinkering and 'resting' players that are in good form, is very frustrating. Supposedly he's saving them for the play-offs. Actually we might not even make them for this very reason. Whether he is wanting to keep his squad players happy or whether he thinks he is a master tactician, he really ought to have his best eleven sorted by now and starting and not be making changes every match we play.

Whom would you have played yesterday?

• Like 2

Just now, GermanBird said:

Whom would you have played yesterday?

Byers and Dean (assuming latter fit to start).

It's not just about yesterday though, is it?

Our best performance this season, by far, was the 6-0 thrashing of Cambridge. So what does Moore do?  He makes three changes and we drop points against Accrington at home. He then comes out with all the BS about them being difficult to break down, four days later they lose 4-0 at Plymouth. Constant tinkering does not help a team's cohesion.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, KernowOwl said:

This

Agree,there are some silly posts,but to offer any reasonable critique of the manager can draw down  posts from people who think DM can do NO wrong,and can see only their own viewpoint........and can not accept a different one..

ie It is a perfectly reasonable viewpoint to say that a manager with a squad of mainly Championship Players,in the first season relegated,should do at least as well as the two teams relegated with them,when they have prob the biggest wages budget in L1.

Some think a play off place denotes sucess in its own right,others only Automatic promotion place.

BOTH view points are perfectly reasonable,and are a matter of opinion & subjective.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GermanBird said:

If they go to the games to boo our team, not sure, if I call them Wednesdayites,  would you?

Or to offend team or manager.  But I can't judge as I was watching on ifollow.  

I am more refering to the people here on Owlstalk, though. Some here are really just haters and no supporters. Don't think you met them at the game.

Think you are taking the debate way too personally....its a free Country,and that includes free speech.....definition of which is people being allowed to offend us,with their views...

Scroll past the views/topics you dont agree with....or are not interested in.....OR post those 10 replies & challenge the people who made them to offer up their reasons...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, brando said:

Well we spend plenty on following the team..so to be honest,I value their opinion more than fans sat at home..putting nothing into the club..and we were crap today,and Moores subs were far too late. 

People paying to watch at home still paying into the Club mate,and dont forget that interest in football provides the mass audience that draws down the money from Sky/BT sport,etc etc....its not as simple as saying only fans 'paying at the turnstile' put money into the Club......

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Byers and Dean (assuming latter fit to start).

It's not just about yesterday though, is it?

Our best performance this season, by far, was the 6-0 thrashing of Cambridge. So what does Moore do?  He makes three changes and we drop points against Accrington at home. He then comes out with all the BS about them being difficult to break down, four days later they lose 4-0 at Plymouth. Constant tinkering does not help a team's cohesion.

Would Byers and Dean have made any difference yesterday? Dunkley and Dele Bashiru were our best two players yesterday who I’m assuming you’d put Byers and Dean in for.

The players that were really poor yesterday were Johnson, Mendez Laing and Berahino (and even Bannan and Luongo were well off it).

This squad of players is nowhere near as good as some Wednesday fans seem to think it is.

We don’t have a player in the squad that’s scored 15 goals in a season in the last 5 years.

Look at the attacking options off the bench yesterday… Shodipo, Paterson and Kamberi. I’ve seen enough of them this season to know they’re probably not the answer either.

What’s your team for Tuesday night after yesterday because Dunkley and Dele Bashiru should keep their place after that and Johnson, Mendez Laing and Berahino all played like they want dropping?

• Like 2