Its why some still have doubts about Moore

You just think.... maybe, maybe he's actually got things to click and he goes and folks it up!!!! Finishing top two was never really on but the changing goings and his absolute lack of any ability to create passion desire and urgency  for me says up or down sack him... up obviously you wouldn't straight away.... I'd get his replacement lined up over the summer though.

What it has now down IS with a better manager we could have been fighting for the league title.... 

We had had LOT of poor managers who failed to get the best out of a squad or had go struggle with a poor squad. I can't remember a manager who sabotaged his own job so often.... its nuts. 

If we did manage to go up it will be the craziest ever. Unfortunately I don't trust him at all. Yet another game where players looking at each other with no idea what to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Django said:

I think they had more belief. During the run in you knew the 2012 side wouldn’t let you down in terms of performance or result, they always found a way of getting the job done, it was never in doubt

We go into away games with this lot with no idea what’s going to happen 

Consistently letting ourselves down against bang average sides, got to be down to the Manager with this squad surely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

You just think.... maybe, maybe he's actually got things to click and he goes and folks it up!!!! Finishing top two was never really on but the changing goings and his absolute lack of any ability to create passion desire and urgency  for me says up or down sack him... up obviously you wouldn't straight away.... I'd get his replacement lined up over the summer though.

What it has now down IS with a better manager we could have been fighting for the league title.... 

We had had LOT of poor managers who failed to get the best out of a squad or had go struggle with a poor squad. I can't remember a manager who sabotaged his own job so often.... its nuts. 

If we did manage to go up it will be the craziest ever. Unfortunately I don't trust him at all. Yet another game where players looking at each other with no idea what to do.

Genuine question (I'm not having a dig) but who would you go for as his replacement.

• Like 2

Guest Kameron

Our inability to complete with physical sides is 100% down to Moore and his recruitment.  This league has always been the same and over the course of a 46 game season you have to be able to bully sides when needed, we are not strong or fit enough when it counts.  

2 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Our inability to complete with physical sides is 100% down to Moore and his recruitment.  This league has always been the same and over the course of a 46 game season you have to be able to bully sides when needed, we are not strong or fit enough when it counts.  

We do struggle against these type of teams but, unlike yesteryear not many sides are like that in League 1 - I've been surprised how many teams play decent football (they mostly struggle in the final third for quality, that's all).

Today he put out a more physical 11 than normal but WW are masters at this type of game. We clearly aren't.

13 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

Consistently letting ourselves down against bang average sides, got to be down to the Manager with this squad surely.

I think the players have to accept some responsibility too. 

I mean, when you think about it, some of the old frailties from previous seasons (before Moore was even here) still remain - can't win away from home when going a goal down, prone to conceding late goals. 

We are a decent side at this level, but we just have a mental shortcoming when it really matters...that may not bode well for these final two games and IF we get into the play offs. 

39 minutes ago, Django said:

I’m not too gutted tonight

Cant say ive been expecting promotion this season, there’s been too many kicks in the teeth for me to be convinced that this lot have it in them for promotion 

The 2005 and 2012 sides probably didn’t have as much talent as this squad but they both had something about them that this side doesn’t 

A good manager

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Typical weds anyone shocked not me. Another huge long trip maybe 1 day I won't bother. 

Bannan dreadful again same the crewe game and many others . Tv cameras needed  then he becomes world class. Our delivery today was absolutely dreadful 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Django said:

Cant say ive been expecting promotion this season, there’s been too many kicks in the teeth for me to be convinced that this lot have it in them for promotion 

The 2005 and 2012 sides probably didn’t have as much talent as this squad but they both had something about them that this side doesn’t 

I've been wary of posting because I know that bitter disappointment makes me irrational.

But you've put your finger on how I feel exactly... thanks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Genuine question (I'm not having a dig) but who would you go for as his replacement.

With the exception of the Plymouth manager that you could argue is benefitting from Ryan Lowe’s excellence,  the manager of every other club in the top 11 has done a better job pound for pound.

Its not difficult to find a replacement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Django said:

You might be right...suppose we will know soon enough. 

I said in the matchday thread that we are a nearly team or it certainly feels like it. 

The talent is clearly there, but you do have to wonder about us when it comes to the crunch. In particular, we've dropped far too many points away from home without making teams really have to earn it. Today you pretty much knew it was game over when Wycombe scored on 61 minutes. You shouldn't really be thinking that if a team is going for promotion, what with 30 odd minutes of a game remaining. 

I have no idea what will happen on Tuesday. We may turn up and put a few past them early doors and it's all good. Likewise, I could see us struggling to a draw or even a narrow loss. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

But the question remains, how much of that is down to Moore, and how much is down to the strength of our squad?

Those who claim that we're bobbar and fortunate not to be fighting relegation are totally wrong.

Most fans of other clubs think that we're a play-off team minimum, at least if their forums and podcasts are anything to go by.

If we miss out on the play-offs with a squad like ours then IMO he goes at the end of the season.

It is an enormous squad for this division with considerable quality. If the players on the pitch do not look good enough, it's because,  among riches to pick from, wrong calls are made.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You might be right...suppose we will know soon enough. 

I said in the matchday thread that we are a nearly team or it certainly feels like it. 

The talent is clearly there, but you do have to wonder about us when it comes to the crunch. In particular, we've dropped far too many points away from home without making teams really have to earn it. Today you pretty much knew it was game over when Wycombe scored on 61 minutes. You shouldn't really be thinking that if a team is going for promotion, what with 30 odd minutes of a game remaining. 

I have no idea what will happen on Tuesday. We may turn up and put a few past them early doors and it's all good. Likewise, I could see us struggling to a draw or even a narrow loss. 

For me the damage was done in the first half of the season.

Trying to play the ball out from the back in the Third, let alone with a relatively new group of players, was always asking for trouble.

And our defending from set pieces too has been a big problem which has never really been solved.

If there's one thing you have to be able to do at this level it's defend those.

Today's result isn't really a shock when you think about the game against Wycombe at Hillsborough, and if we'd got all-round players then they wouldn't be at this level, but throwing away silly points earlier has left us with no room for manoeuvre now.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

O ye of little faith.

Not only will we make the play offs, we will win our semi and go to Wembley for our day out and we'll win there as well, it is our time. Believe.

Unfortunately I can't see who's given this post the "HaHa" as it will come back to haunt you and i'd be reminding you of it as well.😀