Its why some still have doubts about Moore

2 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

And sadly we have been short up front all season. If we could have spent money i am sure we would brought in a decent striker to replace Windass. We all know good strikers cost money.

T John-Jules might have been the man for the job.

21 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I'll stand by my prediction, we are not getting promoted under this clown.

If we fail to at least get in playoffs, it’s a relegation and then a failure to get promotion with the strongest squad in the league on his cv.
He let us down yesterday

Why can’t he stop bigging  up the opposition and also stop playing happy families in the dressing room FFS

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

I said this in the MOTD thread and gained quite a few laughing reactions but I do believe Moore will be on some shortlists come summer, whether we go up or stay in L1. 

Whatever we think personally with our blue and white shades on any neutral that's questioned on Moore always has good things to say about him.

Personally I think we stick with him regardless and give him an actual budget in the summer to bring in some signings. We've got an aging squad and it's time we started looking at the future too. To do that we need some stability and a solid transfer strategy and I don't think we'll get that with a new manager.

If you'd told Middlesbrough fans that Southgate would manage England to a European final they'd have accused you of insanity and called the men in white coats. 

Moore is a little inexperienced yes but I've no doubt that should we fail this season, we'd certainly be challenging top 2 next season with a settled squad. 

I can't agree with you that DM is inexperienced. he has managed West Brom, Donny, and us for more than 190 games over a four year period. I think he lacks confidence in his ability, hence the team selections and the game plans not being very attack minded.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

... team selections and the game plans not being very attack minded.

Can you go more attack minded that this lineup against Crewe?

BPF, Storey(1), Palmer (1)

Hunt (2), Johnson (2), NML (2), Pato (6), Byers (5), Bannan (9), Gregory (12), Berahino (7)

What attack minded lineup would you have chosen?

Load of Crap.

He has had to deal with a complete overhaul of the squad, at the end of last season he had less than a handful of registered players, we brought in a complete new squad, even Jesus and his dad could not turn them into a winning team.

Yet people expected us to 'Pis* the league!, why?.

We have come out of FFP, this means that we can now pin point players that we need, unlike last summer when we were picking through the Has been's and young player's who were released by their clubs.

That is the best result for us this season, we can now begin to operate like any other club in  the league.

• Love 2

36 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I can't agree with you that DM is inexperienced. he has managed West Brom, Donny, and us for more than 190 games over a four year period. I think he lacks confidence in his ability, hence the team selections and the game plans not being very attack minded.

He's 4 years into his managerial career, in terms of managers he's a young inexperienced manager.

10 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Hunt (2), Johnson (2), NML (2), Pato (6), Byers (5), Bannan (9), Gregory (12), Berahino (7)

I don't think I can, but that is only one line up, and it is as much about his approach, ie don't lose, as go and win.

44 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

In terms of management, 4 years is a fairly inexperienced term though in my eyes. 

Edited by HootHoot

Tired?? 

It looked to me as a team in the 2nd half we were too scared to commit, and go past the half way line, leave their markers and get forward in numbers.

People slagging off Berahino but he was isolated for most of the game - I.e lack of service.

He made some decent link up play 1st half but again not enough numbers getting forward.

One thing Byers does do is make runs into the area, although not quite as often as our old Kieran Lee.

Maybe it can be trained into our own Dele.

Edited by OwlerIT2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OwlerIT2 said:

Tired?? 

It looked to me as a team in the 2nd half we were too scared to commit, and go past the half way line, leave their markers and get forward in numbers.

People slagging off Berahino but he was isolated for most of the game - I.e lack of service.

He made some decent link up play 1st half but again not enough numbers getting forward.

One thing Byers does do is make runs into the area, although not quite as often as our old Kieran Lee.

Maybe it can be trained into our own Dele.

When things aren't going our way, particularly away from home, the distances between the units on the pitch get too stretched. Strikers end up getting isolated with no one near enough to them. Problem is exasperated when Bannan starts dropping deeper and deeper in order to get on the ball to try and make things happen. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I don't think I can, but that is only one line up, and it is as much about his approach, ie don't lose, as go and win.

I never had the impression that we are playing for a draw. Which game are you referring to?

Or what gives you the impression?

• Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, Asio otus said:

And sadly we have been short up front all season. If we could have spent money i am sure we would brought in a decent striker to replace Windass. We all know good strikers cost money.

Spot on, really hoping we freshen up the strikers next season. 

49 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I never had the impression that we are playing for a draw. Which game are you referring to?

Or what gives you the impression?

I don't think that he plays for a draw, but his mindset is don't lose, he is cautious in his approach, However like most supporters it is only my opinion

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

It’s not the lineups it’s the tactics, the lack of urgency and aggression. All comes from the manager. You only have to look at the Prem to see the difference made between good and bad managers.

Moore is a mediocre manager. A better one would have got top 2 this season with this squad. Just have to hope he gets us through the play offs somehow as can’t stand another year playing all these crappy teams.

4 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

It did look like that TBF or was it they just gave up after WW scored.

Let's face it, it's what they're paid to do, train for and get paid handsome wages for etc.

So an excuse of being tired (if that's what it was) doesn't sit well with me at all.

Especially at this point of the season.

Tiredness should not even come into the equation.

Maybe over the Christmas period, but certainly not when there’s only a couple of games to go.

I honestly don’t think tiredness is the reason DM changes things around. I reckon he just sees change for changes sake, as iproactive management. 

23 minutes ago, MallorcaOwl said:

I don't think that he plays for a draw, but his mindset is don't lose, he is cautious in his approach, However like most supporters it is only my opinion

Staton & Pearson we’re going mental yesterday about the lack of our players (other than the ‘strikers’) getting up the field in the closing stages of the game.  It’s a recurring theme.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

All managers will have games where their decisions can be questioned.

It happens.

That was just our 4th loss in the last 20 games, though, so overall he's getting a lot more right than he's getting wrong of late.

4th loss in 20 

lol

thats a stat, ffs let’s go again next game and forget it 

it was a decent team away…. I mean Jesus fk 

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

Yeah, I am also looking forward to the next tranfer window without the restrictions of the previous year

Won't be any pounds flashing about its league 1. 10 million less revenue than championship. I'm expecting a cut in the wages next season . 

D Moore swfc and Ipswich were the most backed managers in this league . Our wage bill even though much lower than 3 years ago is still 10x Accrington, Cheltenham,Fleetwood.  , if we don't beat Fleetwood with this squad it's time to pack up . Constant manager changes are no good but top 6 Darren or you will have to go. 

• Like 4