Its why some still have doubts about Moore

Exactly, his inexperience has cost us in many games this season. A more experienced manager and we would have had another 5 or 6 points. Sure he will learn. Just  hope we can find a couple of goals on Tuesday. Won't be easy they need the points

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Constant tinkering with the side.

It’s almost like the more options he has, the more his short comings as a manager come to light.

Injuries make many a manager look good, at least if they're in possession of a quality squad.

• Like 1

We've not been able to maintain form over 3 game weeks all season. 

Looked lethargic, not enough movement in the second half, meaning fewer options and more long balls. 

I suspect team selections now about keeping players on the pitch, from a fatigue/injury perspective. 

Not a good second half performance, players just ran out of energy and ideas. Tuesday night going to be more of the same and be prepared for a nailbiting night with a patched up team running on empty. At least we are at home on the last day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, striker said:

We've not been able to maintain form over 3 game weeks all season. 

Looked lethargic, not enough movement in the second half, meaning fewer options and more long balls. 

I suspect team selections now about keeping players on the pitch, from a fatigue/injury perspective. 

Not a good second half performance, players just ran out of energy and ideas. Tuesday night going to be more of the same and be prepared for a nailbiting night with a patched up team running on empty. At least we are at home on the last day.

How can the players run out of energy when its different players every game?

Edited by upperwinngardensowl
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I really don't get the game plan today!

Why did we play long ball today?

Showed no composure in the ball and Byers left on bench.

Questionable substitutions, bring on Shopido to play long ball and leave Paterson on the bench!

Just play our best team and let the other team worry about us!

I'd have left Paterson on the coach!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep what the fizz was the lineup today.

Really strong aside from Dunkley coming in I thought, and he ended up being the best player on the pitch.

So yeah, there was nothing wrong with the lineup.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

All managers will have games where their decisions can be questioned.

It happens.

That was just our 4th loss in the last 20 games, though, so overall he's getting a lot more right than he's getting wrong of late.

I think it's a fear that when he does get it wrong, it's going back to his old ways.. The start of the season was so bad. 

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 1

The fact is he’s rebuilt the side but there’s one position we’ve not dominated all season - a high scoring striker. If we don’t go up this season, and we keep the bulk of the squad and add a striker with goals we’ll be fine.

As it was, if Windass wasn’t injured, he might have been that missing person - in this league at least.

• Like 2

I think we needed Dunks today, and he did a sterling job in the air, MoM for me.

His weakness is playing it out from the back so I think that's why there were more long balls.

The plan could easily worked if we had less bad luck.

Hopefully we'll have Hunt, Dean and Byers all fit on Tuesday, there's hopefully 5 games left so we have to look after the squad.

• Like 2