Its why some still have doubts about Moore

43 minutes ago, markg said:

Before we had DM we didn’t have the belief to come back from one down in any game 

very true. Im not anti Moore or anything, there is just something about us that lacks a bit of gonads. I don't see much fight in us. Most successful teams have a never say die attitude and I just don't see it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Daavies; said:

very true. Im not anti Moore or anything, there is just something about us that lacks a bit of gonads. I don't see much fight in us. Most successful teams have a never say die attitude and I just don't see it. 

I do agree that we are not the finished article YET, but don't you see a massive improvement compared to the beginning of the season?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

i think our lads aren’t really adjusted to these more physical and time wasting sides the concentration and the effort in the last few games we’ve had with bottom sides has jus made me believe it more and more we started off strong then went off the further we went on especially when the ****housery started happening more often

we started off strong with wycombe can’t fault moore’s plan with yesterday the only things i can’t agree with yesterday’s game though is the ref for a starters byers not being subbed on after fizz started losing steam and paterson not coming on for berahino (i know paterson isn’t the most reliable but a lot more reliable with gregory over shodipo)

other than that i don’t think theres much else to yesterday that could’ve been done to make the result a lot more solid just got to hope our lads switch on more the next game now knowing that the fleetwood win may be mandatory for us to see top 6 

Edited by DecOwl04
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Didn't you get the impression yesterday, that some of our players did seem tired? 

It did look like that TBF or was it they just gave up after WW scored.

Let's face it, it's what they're paid to do, train for and get paid handsome wages for etc.

So an excuse of being tired (if that's what it was) doesn't sit well with me at all.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

It did look like that TBF or was it they just gave up after WW scored.

Let's face it, it's what they're paid to do, train for and get paid handsome wages for etc.

So an excuse of being tired (if that's what it was) doesn't sit well with me at all.

That was no excuse for the players. That is just an explanation, why it might make sense to rotate the squad, if possible

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

That was no excuse for the players. That is just an explanation, why it might make sense to rotate the squad, if possible

Didn't mean you personally making the excuse BTW.

Meant if that's is the case, then doesn't sit well with me.

• Like 1

We're just nesh.

That's it. We want to play tippy tappy fancy dan flicky football in a league that won't let you, a league where effort matters more than skill.

We went on our run of wins because we couldn't play that game and had to grind out wins on effort, defending from the front, 100% effort.

As soon as we get players back, we try to go back to tippy tappy fancy dan flicky football and start dropping points again, but it's justified because we put 6 past a poor team.

We're playing 100% effort for the first 10-15 minutes of every half, then we coast. When we were winning, it was 100% for 90+ minutes.

If the tippy tappy poo doesn't work, we have no other option, as the players on the pitch can't adapt. They don't have the fitness or motivation or whatever. The fighters you want aren't on the pitch as they're not 'proper footballers' and not suited to tippy tappy fancy dan flicky football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt

If we finish our chances or take advantage of our 6 billion corners, we win the game. 
We just need to work on finishing, our final ball into the box and set pieces ( attacking and defending).There’s not much else wrong with this team in my opinion . 

Edited by DoesJackHunt

35 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We're just nesh.

That's it. We want to play tippy tappy fancy dan flicky football in a league that won't let you, a league where effort matters more than skill.

We went on our run of wins because we couldn't play that game and had to grind out wins on effort, defending from the front, 100% effort.

As soon as we get players back, we try to go back to tippy tappy fancy dan flicky football and start dropping points again, but it's justified because we put 6 past a poor team.

We're playing 100% effort for the first 10-15 minutes of every half, then we coast. When we were winning, it was 100% for 90+ minutes.

If the tippy tappy poo doesn't work, we have no other option, as the players on the pitch can't adapt. They don't have the fitness or motivation or whatever. The fighters you want aren't on the pitch as they're not 'proper footballers' and not suited to tippy tappy fancy dan flicky football.

I get that you don’t like passing football, each to their own, but this certainly wasn’t to blame yesterday as there was none on display.  I couldn’t believe how wasteful we were with aimless long balls.  You might have a point with regard to lack of ‘fighters’, but don’t see any on the bench either (Dean maybe?).

I change my mind about DM every few games.. I thought it was a bit harsh to drop Byers but still thought thought it was probably the right decision. The tactics (or lack of them) really let us down, BB's best game this season was when he played further up the pitch, I don't think he knew where he was playing yesterday. The match by passed him. we didn't get the ball on the floor, we tried to go chin to chin and were out punched. My criticism of DB has been his iconsistancy regarding team selection, and over thinking how the opposition play. We are a get it down on the ground and play football type of team, so yesterday, why didn't we.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Exactly, his inexperience has cost us in many games this season. A more experienced manager and we would have had another 5 or 6 points. Sure he will learn. Just  hope we can find a couple of goals on Tuesday. Won't be easy they need the points

If we had you as a manger we would be better of by 5 or 6 points is that what you are saying?

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If we had you as a manger we would be better of by 5 or 6 points is that what you are saying?

Is the team's lack of energy due to the players not getting fed enough? 

59 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I get that you don’t like passing football, each to their own, but this certainly wasn’t to blame yesterday as there was none on display.  I couldn’t believe how wasteful we were with aimless long balls.  You might have a point with regard to lack of ‘fighters’, but don’t see any on the bench either (Dean maybe?).

I like effective football.

Passing football has been innefective against pressing teams.

Playing long ball to Gregory and Berahino is about as innefective as it gets. It's why we play it out from the back, because we have no long ball threat. DM tried to sort it with NML up front but he usually makes the wrong run.

Sow for the runs, Kamberi, Pato, Byers, Dean, all fighters who don't stop after 10 minutes. We may not have been scoring 6 per game, but we were scoring enough, weren't conceding, and weren't giving up after 15 minutes.

• Like 1

I said this in the MOTD thread and gained quite a few laughing reactions but I do believe Moore will be on some shortlists come summer, whether we go up or stay in L1. 

Whatever we think personally with our blue and white shades on any neutral that's questioned on Moore always has good things to say about him.

Personally I think we stick with him regardless and give him an actual budget in the summer to bring in some signings. We've got an aging squad and it's time we started looking at the future too. To do that we need some stability and a solid transfer strategy and I don't think we'll get that with a new manager.

If you'd told Middlesbrough fans that Southgate would manage England to a European final they'd have accused you of insanity and called the men in white coats. 

Moore is a little inexperienced yes but I've no doubt that should we fail this season, we'd certainly be challenging top 2 next season with a settled squad. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DoesJackHunt said:

If we finish our chances or take advantage of our 6 billion corners, we win the game. 
We just need to work on finishing, our final ball into the box and set pieces ( attacking and defending).There’s not much else wrong with this team in my opinion . 

And sadly we have been short up front all season. If we could have spent money i am sure we would brought in a decent striker to replace Windass. We all know good strikers cost money.