Its why some still have doubts about Moore

6 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

How can the players run out of energy when its different players every game?

The core group the same. Bannan, Johnson for example, our best players of late been a bit below par in the last two, Johnson today I thought wanted to stop and go backwards far too often, than running at players like he usually does. 

I'm not having a go at these two  in particular as both been excellent over the course of this year, but examples of players who have played a lot of games lately and looks to be catching up with them. 

A lot of our players almost permanently running a tightrope between being fit and injuries. 3 game weeks have been an issue for us all season. 

My point is, we looked less lively today than usual and clear from recent selections and what has been said by Moore that we are having to manage players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

The fact is he’s rebuilt the side but there’s one position we’ve not dominated all season - a high scoring striker. If we don’t go up this season, and we keep the bulk of the squad and add a striker with goals we’ll be fine.

As it was, if Windass wasn’t injured, he might have been that missing person - in this league at least.

In all probability if we fail to go up our squad will not be as strong next season. If DM can't make the play-offs with this squad I don't feel optimistic about him doing so next season either. Next two matches  vital.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

But the question remains, how much of that is down to Moore, and how much is down to the strength of our squad?

Those who claim that we're bobbar and fortunate not to be fighting relegation are totally wrong.

Most fans of other clubs think that we're a play-off team minimum, at least if their forums and podcasts are anything to go by.

If we miss out on the play-offs with a squad like ours then IMO he goes at the end of the season.

When we have all (or most) of our players fit, then we're up there with the best in the league, yes - since we added Storey and Dean and stopped having to play a makeshift backline, nobody in the division has taken as many points as us.

That first half of the season where we were without our best forward, our best defensive midfielder, and, at times, all four of our senior centre-backs, has given us a bit of an uphill battle, unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

All managers will have games where their decisions can be questioned.

It happens.

That was just our 4th loss in the last 20 games, though, so overall he's getting a lot more right than he's getting wrong of late.

It's not just the defeats that are an issue, it's the performances away from home and the lack of wins. 

It's like a different team rocks up away from home. 

MK Dons 2-3 Wednesday

Very good performance

Bolton 1-1 Wednesday

Again good performance, yet threw the points away

Gillingham 0-0 Wednesday

Horrible performance to a team on the brink of relegation, lucky not to lose

Lincoln 3-1 Wednesday

Another no show performance

That's our last 4 away games. Even when we play well we struggle to win. When we play a team who aren't a passing side we really struggle.

Does anyone have any faith that we're going to rock up to Fleetwood on Tuesday and steamroller them? I don't. They're joint on points with 4th bottom so they are desperate for the points themselves.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'll stand by my prediction, we are not getting promoted under this clown.

You could just say the first bit and not call him a clown but then you would get less attention so.

Perhaps you can start your own thread about this as well? 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Django said:

On paper that selection looked spot on 

As usual though we struggle to get the job done on the road 

It did depending why those choices were made. If Byres was carrying a knock and Hunt was injured, then I agree. If not, then surely you have to play your best side? Not just look to be physical against them.

I’m not too gutted tonight

Cant say ive been expecting promotion this season, there’s been too many kicks in the teeth for me to be convinced that this lot have it in them for promotion 

The 2005 and 2012 sides probably didn’t have as much talent as this squad but they both had something about them that this side doesn’t 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I rate Moore. I’ve made no secret about that. Is he the perfect manager? Far from it and that’s why he’s managing us.

We’re not going to attract the perfect manager with DC at the helm and some on here still can’t get their head around this.

And before the best squad in the league line gets trotted out for the umpteenth time. We have the best player in the league but not the squad.

Given the constant injuries to key players, to be where we are is a minor miracle.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Django said:

Cant say ive been expecting promotion this season, there’s been too many kicks in the teeth for me to be convinced that this lot have it in them for promotion 

The 2005 and 2012 sides probably didn’t have as much talent as this squad but they both had something about them that this side doesn’t 

Yes a pair of.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Django said:

That 2012 side was fearless - you knew going out who was playing and the way we would play

This side is different every single week and we look a different side tactically each time we come out to play 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OzOwl said:

Yes a pair of.

I think they had more belief. During the run in you knew the 2012 side wouldn’t let you down in terms of performance or result, they always found a way of getting the job done, it was never in doubt

We go into away games with this lot with no idea what’s going to happen 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Put it this way…. If IF we were get to Wembley… how confident are you that we’d show up on the day

Not remotely confident 

I think Ainsworth, Neil and Warne would all do a job on Moore 

• Like 2