Its why some still have doubts about Moore

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

All managers will have games where their decisions can be questioned.

It happens.

That was just our 4th loss in the last 20 games, though, so overall he's getting a lot more right than he's getting wrong of late.

Exactly - but some of course can't wait to throw the towel...

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I rate Moore. I’ve made no secret about that. Is he the perfect manager? Far from it and that’s why he’s managing us.

We’re not going to attract the perfect manager with DC at the helm and some on here still can’t get their head around this.

And before the best squad in the league line gets trotted out for the umpteenth time. We have the best player in the league but not the squad.

Given the constant injuries to key players, to be where we are is a minor miracle.

So who, in your opinion, has a better squad? Genuine question not a dig. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

With the exception of the Plymouth manager that you could argue is benefitting from Ryan Lowe’s excellence,  the manager of every other club in the top 11 has done a better job pound for pound.

Its not difficult to find a replacement.

Big job though at Wednesday - expectations are always high. DM has never really won me over 100% but I'd stick with him unless there is a clear alternative. Not many have a proven track record.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

So who, in your opinion, has a better squad? Genuine question not a dig. 

It is a good question. I would say the likes of Wigan, Rotherham, MK Dons and Sunderland have the best forward department’s. Had we had Windass available more maybe we would’ve matched these teams more?

We’re strong in the midfield department and possibly we may be the strongest in this area in the division.

Defensively we’re relatively strong in comparison to our rivals. Wigan, Rotherham and Plymouth’s defensive

records are better. That said had Dean had played as many games as Storey, I believe we’d be going into the last 2 game season with a shot at automatic promotion.

It’s a strong squad but not the strongest IMO. Also have any of our other promotion rivals had the injury problems that we have? Surely not? No one will convince me that Moore hasn’t done a decent job this season given several issues he’s had to contend with including recruitment constraints enforced by the EFL?

• Like 7

All I will say is the fact we still had a chance of automatics with 3 games left after the amount of embarrassing results weve had this season shows how sh!t this league is bar 6 teams 

Wycombe are by far the worst team in the top 8 teams 

All we had to do was play our game and play players that want to play football and attack 

Unfortunately we have a manager that is more concerned what the opposition can do to us 

He did it today and hes done it all season 

Even if we get promoted, we'll come straight back down under him 

Moore thinks hes pep and klopp with all this rotation b0110cks 

JUST PLAY YOUR BEST TEAM !!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, Jim said:

It is a good question. I would say the likes of Wigan, Rotherham, MK Dons and Sunderland have the best forward department’s. Had we had Windass available more maybe we would’ve matched these teams more?

We’re strong in the midfield department and possibly we may be the strongest in this area in the division.

Defensively we’re relatively strong in comparison to our rivals. Wigan, Rotherham and Plymouth’s defensive

records are better. That said had Dean had played as many games as Storey, I believe we’d be going into the last 2 game season with a shot at automatic promotion.

It’s a strong squad but not the strongest IMO. Also have any of our other promotion rivals had the injury problems that we have? Surely not? No one will convince me that Moore hasn’t done a decent job this season given several issues he’s had to contend with including recruitment constraints enforced by the EFL?

Yea he deserves credit for getting the team to play great football at home and finally brining to the club and fans together.  But there's also been bucketloads of terrible performances, mainly away from home.  I'd be losing my sh@t if id have travelled up and down the country this season.  Moore is constantly making bizarre changes to the team, some times it's paid off and some times it hasn't.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jim said:

Fair enough mate and thanks for a well balanced response that you don’t always get on here. 

I often read we have had to rely on frees and loans and while true, I feel it’s a bit of a red herring. We are not competing with Man City and I think that of the clubs above us, only Wigan and MK paid fees for players in the summer / January. Furthermore, the players left from last year have a wealth of experience at playing at a higher level and this time last year people were saying the clear out was a blessing as it gave Moore the chance to rebuild. 

I would also bet we have the highest wage budget in the division.

I feel Moore has done no better than average and I will never accept 7th in the third division is success although I accept the problems at the club run much deeper than the manager. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Jim said:

Plymouth's defensive solidity is only a recent thing though Jim, since Lowe left and has come at the expense of goals drying up at the other end. Their squad doesn’t even remotely compare to ours in terms of depth or quality and I suspect only Cooper and possibly Hardie would get into our starting line up. 

3 hours ago, OwlerIT2 said:

Tactics, when Plan A fails (not 100% sure we even have that)  there is no PlanB or change of formation.

That's the problem I see with Moore too. It's all try and play good passing football, which is great at home.

But on the road against scrappy long ball cheaters like Wycombe it was never going to work. And we couldn't even adapt half way through which is very worrying.

No plan B to try towards the end either. It was all the same and hope it falls for us, no other ideas, why can't the coaching staff and Moore come up with any?

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

But the question remains, how much of that is down to Moore, and how much is down to the strength of our squad?

Those who claim that we're bobbar and fortunate not to be fighting relegation are totally wrong.

Most fans of other clubs think that we're a play-off team minimum, at least if their forums and podcasts are anything to go by.

If we miss out on the play-offs with a squad like ours then IMO he goes at the end of the season.

I’d go further if we miss out on promotion with a squad like ours then he has to go.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Jim said:

I rate Moore. I’ve made no secret about that. Is he the perfect manager? Far from it and that’s why he’s managing us.

We’re not going to attract the perfect manager with DC at the helm and some on here still can’t get their head around this.

And before the best squad in the league line gets trotted out for the umpteenth time. We have the best player in the league but not the squad.

Given the constant injuries to key players, to be where we are is a minor miracle.

So it’s all down to DC and ‘injuries’!!! Right!!!

Nothing to do with him leaving out fully fit players who played blinders the week before, playing players out of position who had been previously been awesome in their proper positions, etc etc etc

Good managers keep it and make it look simple.

Managers like Monk & Moore mess around, over complicate things & reap the inevitable results.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

So it’s all down to DC and ‘injuries’!!! Right!!!

Nothing to do with him leaving out fully fit players who played blinders the week before, playing players out of position who had been previously been awesome in their proper positions, etc etc etc

Good managers keep it and make it look simple.

Managers like Monk & Moore mess around, over complicate things & reap the inevitable results.

Here we go. The latest expert telling me I’m wrong.

Have you ever thought the reason he changes things around is to keep players fresh or to keep them available for longer. If ever a season we needed a manager to manage the players it’s been this one. Also playing them in different positions is maybe designed to improve the players, it didn’t do the great Ajax side any harm in the 70s.

But I know what’s coming, we’re not Ajax. We’re little old Sheffield Wednesday in League 1. Play your best players, play round pegs in round holes and run them into the b@st@rd ground for 46 games a season.

If Moore had done this, maybe just maybe we’d be nowhere near where we are now? But no you’ll be coming back at me saying no we’d be Top 2 because you know, because you’re one of the many Nostradamus’ on here who tells me and others how it’s going to be if a manager does things the way they think he should.

And there’s me thinking football is the most unpredictable game on earth and why I have just 60p in my SkyBet account 😩

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jim said:

The question was about the squads, not bits of them. Would you swap Rotherham's squad for ours, for example? The same question applies to the rest of the teams.

Another important question is 'Would you swap the manager?'

• Like 2

Guest Musttryharder
16 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I'll stand by my prediction, we are not getting promoted under this clown.

With the squad and the experience we have within it, we should be the Man City of the 1st division. Instead we are Man Utd. 

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The question was about the squads, not bits of them. Would you swap Rotherham's squad for ours, for example? The same question applies to the rest of the teams.

Another important question is 'Would you swap the manager?'

Don’t bits of a squad ultimately make up a full squad? Also didn’t I try to compare each department to our rivals.

Anyway to answer your fantastic question I’d swap our squad/manager for Wigan’s as they’re about to get promoted and win the title as that’s what we all, isn’t it?

If it was just that simple?

Anyway seriously the time for getting our knickers in a twist about our squad/manager is at the end of the season. We lost a tight game yesterday and we still have 2 ‘massive’ games to go.