Its why some still have doubts about Moore

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

Here we go. The latest expert telling me I’m wrong.

Have you ever thought the reason he changes things around is to keep players fresh or to keep them available for longer. If ever a season we needed a manager to manage the players it’s been this one. Also playing them in different positions is maybe designed to improve the players, it didn’t do the great Ajax side any harm in the 70s.

But I know what’s coming, we’re not Ajax. We’re little old Sheffield Wednesday in League 1. Play your best players, play round pegs in round holes and run them into the b@st@rd ground for 46 games a season.

If Moore had done this, maybe just maybe we’d be nowhere near where we are now? But no you’ll be coming back at me saying no we’d be Top 2 because you know, because you’re one of the many Nostradamus’ on here who tells me and others how it’s going to be if a manager does things the way they think he should.

And there’s me thinking football is the most unpredictable game on earth and why I have just 60p in my SkyBet account 😩

Awfully sorry mate. I thought I’d wandered  onto a football forum where opinions are meant to be expressed. Sorry if I cast aspersions on your opinions. Maybe you ARE wrong (ever considered the possibility)? Maybe I’m wrong.  All I know is that prior to the Crewe game, the vast majority of posters on here, immediately after the line up was announced, we’re incredulous at the line up (and the unforced changes). The resultant underperformance where we just about scraped a win against an extremely poor Crewe side only served to justify the doubts expressed. The subs later in the game were no better.

Yes, I have considered the reasons for swapping & changing players to “keep them fresh” and to “keep them available for longer”, but at this stage of the season, when results are paramount and 1 or 3 points dropped can mean dropping from 4th  to 7th position,  I would suggest you pick the best team, ( that should have been playing together for the last few weeks, ready for the run in) and worry about “keeping them fresh” for another day.  Or are we trying to “keep them fresh” for the close season?

As for “moving them around to improve them as players”, don’t even know how to respond. Especially at this time of the season!,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I would suggest you pick the best team, ( that should have been playing together for the last few weeks, ready for the run in) 

Genuine question: What would have been your team for the last few weeks?

• Like 1

Always think Darren Moore falls into the trap of other teams. We were never going to be able to out fight and battle Wycombe and the starting line up basically said, we was going to try and match it. Byers has been absolutely outstanding recently and to not see him in the midfield startled me a little. Didn't want to say anything before the game though because I feel Darren has definitely deserved the benefit of the doubt. We can't see the players day in day out so don't know their physical condition but I'd be shocked if players weren't desperate to play every game here at the end of the season because every point counts. Fleetwood now becomes an absolutely must win game, have our players got the courage to bounce back after yesterdays performance? I hope so because second half yesterday was extremely flat. I Just don't know if we have the belief to come back from being a goal down away from home. We stop playing our game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Awfully sorry mate. I thought I’d wandered  onto a football forum where opinions are meant to be expressed. Sorry if I cast aspersions on your opinions. Maybe you ARE wrong (ever considered the possibility)? Maybe I’m wrong.  All I know is that prior to the Crewe game, the vast majority of posters on here, immediately after the line up was announced, we’re incredulous at the line up (and the unforced changes). The resultant underperformance where we just about scraped a win against an extremely poor Crewe side only served to justify the doubts expressed. The subs later in the game were no better.

Yes, I have considered the reasons for swapping & changing players to “keep them fresh” and to “keep them available for longer”, but at this stage of the season, when results are paramount and 1 or 3 points dropped can mean dropping from 4th  to 7th position,  I would suggest you pick the best team, ( that should have been playing together for the last few weeks, ready for the run in) and worry about “keeping them fresh” for another day.  Or are we trying to “keep them fresh” for the close season?

As for “moving them around to improve them as players”, don’t even know how to respond. Especially at this time of the season!,

We don’t scrape a win against Crewe. We absolutely hammered them and didn’t give them a sniff. If the strikers had done their jobs we’d have been done after 15 minutes. Moore can take no blame for that 

10 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

Always think Darren Moore falls into the trap of other teams. We were never going to be able to out fight and battle Wycombe and the starting line up basically said, we was going to try and match it. Byers has been absolutely outstanding recently and to not see him in the midfield startled me a little. Didn't want to say anything before the game though because I feel Darren has definitely deserved the benefit of the doubt. We can't see the players day in day out so don't know their physical condition but I'd be shocked if players weren't desperate to play every game here at the end of the season because every point counts. Fleetwood now becomes an absolutely must win game, have our players got the courage to bounce back after yesterdays performance? I hope so because second half yesterday was extremely flat. I Just don't know if we have the belief to come back from being a goal down away from home. We stop playing our game.

Before we had DM we didn’t have the belief to come back from one down in any game 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Genuine question: What would have been your team for the last few weeks?

A team that plays the correct players in their correct positions. 

A team that doesn’t reward outstanding performances by being left out the following week.

A team that has had chance to get to know each other’s games.

I’m sure the point you’re hinting at, is that everyone’s idea of the best team would vary. I don’t doubt this, but by now, the person who is paid handsomely to know these things, should have a solid idea of what the best line up is and at this crucial time, have the courage of his convictions & stick to it, for right or wrong. 

I would also suggest it is not WHICH players make up his chosen team, it is the fact that he will not stick to any team or formation and insists on chopping & changing for no other apparent reason than he fancies changing it.

Likewise with his subs, seems to want to make bizarre changes for the sake of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, markg said:

We don’t scrape a win against Crewe. We absolutely hammered them and didn’t give them a sniff. If the strikers had done their jobs we’d have been done after 15 minutes. Moore can take no blame for that 

“Absolutely hammered them”!!

We we’re flapping like fu*k at the end & we’re lucky to hang onto it against a team who are already relegated and as someone said on here last week, we’re one of the worst teams seen at S6.

Yeah we made & missed chances in the first quarter of an hour but then it gradually descended into the usual struggle we have seen time & again. 

He had swapped & messed with the team again & we were lucky to get away with it, when on other occasions we haven’t got away with it, time & again.

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

A team that doesn’t reward outstanding performances by being left out the following week.

A team that has had chance to get to know each other’s games.

I’m sure the point you’re hinting at, is that everyone’s idea of the best team would vary. I don’t doubt this, but by now, the person who is paid handsomely to know these things, should have a solid idea of what the best line up is and at this crucial time, have the courage of his convictions & stick to it, for right or wrong. 

I would also suggest it is not WHICH players make up his chosen team, it is the fact that he will not stick to any team or formation and insists on chopping & changing for no other apparent reason than he fancies changing it.

Likewise with his subs, seems to want to make bizarre changes for the sake of it.

Do you know the condition of the players that you say should stay in the team after playing well? 

• Like 1

Just now, bigthinrob said:

“Absolutely hammered them”!!

We we’re flapping like fu*k at the end & we’re lucky to hang onto it against a team who are already relegated and as someone said on here last week, we’re one of the worst teams seen at S6.

Yeah we made & missed chances in the first quarter of an hour but then it gradually descended into the usual struggle we have seen time & again. 

He had swapped & messed with the team again & we were lucky to get away with it, when on other occasions we haven’t got away with it, time & again.

In the end we were yes, I agree. Because it was only one nil. But it should have been 6 by then. Why side should Moore have picked to make sure that the strikers didn’t miss 3 chances from a yard out?

20 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Me WRONG? i’ve never ever considered that mate 🤣🤣🤣

No seriously I try to give an opinion as you have.

All I have seen this season is this manager get pulled to bits constantly for the decisions he makes, whether that be team selection, tactics and recruitment.

Now any manager wherever he may work will find himself subject to criticism particularly on a forum like this, which is fair enough.

Now as I see it he has recruited under certain restrictions a squad that arguably would be more comfortable playing in the championship. This approach was always going to be a gamble at this level.

What we have seen has been the best form we have seen at home for donkey’s years as the grand surroundings of Hillsborough have allowed these

’championship’ quality players to do there stuff against arguably players with less quality.

Where we have come up short is away from home. Now is the criticism the manager is getting for this is justified? Probably yes. At small tight grounds where the crowd is to a certain extent is on top of the players along with facing a physical more direct side, we’ve struggled. And here we are at the end of the season, we’re no nearer to sorting this problem.

Now should we be here in League 1 against this season then whoever is in charge may have to recruit players taylor made to make us a better proposition on the road. This however might work against us at home.

This is what we arguably did under Megson but we ultimately found the transition back to championship football difficult.

The objective now is to get out of League  1. So the question is do we go the Megson route or do we trust Moore to get it right eventually. In all honesty, has he got that much wrong so far?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I was expecting your preferred lineup ,which would would have constantly played during the last few weeks - let's say April

Sorry to disappoint but I gave a full & detailed reply to your question which put my point into context, but you chose to edit it to one line for some reason missing out these very points.

My preferred team is irrelevant as I stated quite clearly in my reply,  ( I’m sure everyone’s would vary slightly), it is the fact that the team is changed every week with no continuity, rather than the actual supposed ‘first team’ personnel.

7 minutes ago, everydayiswednesday said:

I'm just interested to know how many times we have done that. I know how many we have dropped from winning positions.

Good point and I’m not sure to be honest, I’d need to look it up. I do know though that it’s the first time in ages that we’ve done it at all 

My doubts arise from the fact that our points haul away from home is not good enough and caused by chopping and changing to negate the opposition, as opposed to us sticking to our game.

It's too safety first and too cautious and we can't use the excuse that teams packed defences. As the home team they will come at us more so we should find more space than we do in home games, but we play too deep and so don't take up these spaces.

The only reason for this debate right now is down to our poor away performances. Great points haul at home but the contrast to our away points total is not just random, it's all about poor tactics. Even against MK we stopped playing and defended deep and no surprise they pulled two back and left us hanging on at the end. Sitting too deep doesn't work and we're not very good at it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, markg said:

Do you know the condition of the players that you say should stay in the team after playing well? 

Obviously not, but by the same token, it is stretching credulity to suggest that all these regular changes are all due to the physical condition of these players that are dropped.   Also, I would suggest that if these players were so mortally infirm following their previous exertions, they wouldn’t be brought on as subs in the following game.

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Sorry to disappoint but I gave a full & detailed reply to your question which put my point into context, but you chose to edit it to one line for some reason missing out these very points.

My preferred team is irrelevant as I stated quite clearly in my reply,  ( I’m sure everyone’s would vary slightly), it is the fact that the team is changed every week with no continuity, rather than the actual supposed ‘first team’ personnel.

You just refuse to answer as you know, that we never have our preferred 11 fit for several weeks in a row

Everybody would love some continuity, but we had a lot of injuries all season, didn't we?

• Thanks 1

Just now, GermanBird said:

You just refuse to answer as you know, that we never have our preferred 11 fit for several weeks in a row

Everybody would love some continuity, but we had a lot of injuries all season, didn't we?

Most of the recent UNFORCED changes haven’t been down to injuries.

As I put in my previous post, the players dropped are invariably on the bench. 

Rested maybe, but injured, no!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Maybe in the modern game we have to consider the fitness of players and manage them correctly when we're playing 3 times in 8 days?

It's all very well talking about keeping a winning side together, but if players are carrying knocks or are simply exhausted maybe resting them is a better idea? Because I'm pretty sure that if DM named an unchanged side which subsequently struggled, the very same critics would be on his back for NOT tweaking the side. Especially if key players aggravated injuries and were unavailable for the run in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Most of the recent UNFORCED changes haven’t been down to injuries.

As I put in my previous post, the players dropped are invariably on the bench. 

Rested maybe, but injured, no!

Didn't you get the impression yesterday, that some of our players did seem tired?