33 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Controversial but if Dean is fit I'd play both him and Dunkley next weekend.

Need as much physicality as possible against Wycombe, polar opposite to mk Dons.

Agreed. I remember Dunkley winning every header when we played them last time. 

They couldn't handle him from set-pieces.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We all know Dunkley needs a game or two to get up to speed. Was just one of those things when he came on, cold, and had to deal with a ball straight away.

Wasnt really his fault for the goal anyway. Was more Hunt being over-committed and then Palmer got VERY unlucky that his shoulder got in the way of a clearance off the line.

Dunkley was our POTM not long ago. I trust him if we need him. Obviously Dean is better. But Dunkley has his uses if Dean is missing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

We all know Dunkley needs a game or two to get up to speed. Was just one of those things when he came on, cold, and had to deal with a ball straight away.

Wasnt really his fault for the goal anyway. Was more Hunt being over-committed and then Palmer got VERY unlucky that his shoulder got in the way of a clearance off the line.

Dunkley was our POTM not long ago. I trust him if we need him. Obviously Dean is better. But Dunkley has his uses if Dean is missing.

Center back must be the hardest position to have to come in as sub cold and to settle into the game.

Obviously Dean is first choice but says a lot about squad that a center half who was so dominant pre Xmas and is at times unplayable in the air is out back up for middle of the 3

47 minutes ago, Watto said:

Dean was complaining about double vision it seemed on tv, wasn't hobbling or anything, are Wednesday hiding something here with Dean , strange one.

Yes, very strange one.  On the pitch it looked like double vision, but after DM spoke to him, he was looking at his legs. 

image.png.5593b443b921ea054ddf21dea02afaf9.png

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Dean was complaining about double vision it seemed on tv, wasn't hobbling or anything, are Wednesday hiding something here with Dean , strange one.

100% he was complaining about his vision. I thought he was saying he had an aura related migraine which affects the vision. In which case I could understand the club hiding this.

However what I couldn't get my head around was the fact he just plonked himself on the bench after he went off. Was expecting him to go down the tunnel with something like that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Owls2k said:

100% he was complaining about his vision. I thought he was saying he had an aura related migraine which affects the vision. In which case I could understand the club hiding this.

However what I couldn't get my head around was the fact he just plonked himself on the bench after he went off. Was expecting him to go down the tunnel with something like that. 

He said what ?

An aura related migraine ?

You actually thought he said this ? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is brilliant. I have no words. 

DM and the club are hiding the fact he had an aura related migraine.

Sneaky buggers. 

• Haha 1

Guest Musttryharder
8 hours ago, GermanBird said:

Yes, very strange one.  On the pitch it looked like double vision, but after DM spoke to him, he was looking at his legs. 

image.png.5593b443b921ea054ddf21dea02afaf9.png

No Harlee, you definately only have 2 legs and not 4.

39 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Whats the protocols over this if we said it was head/vision, but could we have said calf to get round this and make him available for Crewe ,Wycombe? 

I think it’s something like this. 

21 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

yeah bit odd as on telly it only looked like he was complaining about his vision.  But it would be typical of an owls player if he is knocked in the face and it injures his leg.  

Abdi broke a finger nail and he injured every muscle in his body. WTF:

1 hour ago, nethertonowl said:

Whats the protocols over this if we said it was head/vision, but could we have said calf to get round this and make him available for Crewe ,Wycombe? 

Surely no professional football club would take that risk?

If there was a suspected concussion and we covered it up, the ramifications of that further down the line could be horrendous.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Good point no way would be just go on the bench if he was complaining of double vision.

It was definitely something they were aware of before the game , I'm guessing he wasn't 100% , migraine , feeling unwell whatever but to say it was his calf seemed strange and maybe the protocols beging the 7 day thing could be the reason DM said this although he doesn't seem to be a guy that would blatantly tell porkies like that .