On 17/04/2022 at 10:35, bladeshater said:

I was of the understanding Dean had blurred vision or did I mishear that

I think it was a sight/concussion issue as that was defo what he was saying to the medic.

I wasn't sure if it was tactical to say a leg injury to not give MK a fourth sub option. 

15 hours ago, Owls2k said:

100% he was complaining about his vision. I thought he was saying he had an aura related migraine which affects the vision. In which case I could understand the club hiding this.

However what I couldn't get my head around was the fact he just plonked himself on the bench after he went off. Was expecting him to go down the tunnel with something like that. 

He said

’Bannan seems to have this aura about him. He’s giving Lewington a migraine.

Anyway, my calf hurts and I need to go off’

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Watto said:

It was definitely something they were aware of before the game , I'm guessing he wasn't 100% , migraine , feeling unwell whatever but to say it was his calf seemed strange and maybe the protocols beging the 7 day thing could be the reason DM said this although he doesn't seem to be a guy that would blatantly tell porkies like that .

A bit like he when he didn't lie about NML's contract issue in Jan either? lol

Football managers tell white lies all the time.

Edited by Owls2k

18 hours ago, reggae said:

He said what ?

An aura related migraine ?

You actually thought he said this ? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is brilliant. I have no words. 

DM and the club are hiding the fact he had an aura related migraine.

Sneaky buggers. 

Few beers chief? Fair play.

Its why we need 7 or 8 centre halves minimum at SW. Only a few weeks ago, we seemed blessed in this department, after going months with them all out injured and having to play patto and johnson there. Yet here we are again with 4 out again.

The posistion is cursed i tell ya

• Like 2

Yeah it’s very strange tbh. Im watching it back and he’s watched a ball come down from the air and into BPF’s gloves, walked away and then taken a knee and signalled for a physio. 

He’s repeatedly gesturing to his eyes/head. To the ref, to Bannan and to the physios. He’s knelt on one leg which isn’t how you’d be positioned if you’ve pulled either calf. At no point do the physios even touch his leg.

He walks off totally fine, no limp.

Strikes me that he’s maybe been suffering with some sort of migraine/illness pregame. He’s maybe struggled through that opening 35 minutes but realised, watching BPF come for the ball, that he’s not right and at 3-0 could do with coming off? Maybe DM is saying calf to keep our cards close to our chest, maybe rest him for tomorrow to give him an extra day to get over it and bring him back against Wycombe.

No way is it a calf problem anyway. Doesn’t add up

Guest DoesJackHunt

I think it was his calf but he was saying double vision so we could use the concussion substitute.

Top drawer shithousery! 

That’s was what I thought was going on anyway.

On 17/04/2022 at 10:45, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, our wingbacks cover a lot of ground.

They must be due a breather soon.

At home against the bottom team seems as good a game to go all-out attack as any. 

I wish Moore would give them a rest by putting them on the bench rather than leaving them out completely.  That way if things aren't going well we can change things in the second half. They get a day off if we are doing well and only get 30 minutes play if we bring them on. At least we don't drop points.

• Like 1

Guest samowl
On 17/04/2022 at 10:35, bladeshater said:

I was of the understanding Dean had blurred vision or did I mishear that

It's Moore with the blurred vision. He's thought FDB has been better than Byers for half this season. 🤔 

7 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Yeah it’s very strange tbh. Im watching it back and he’s watched a ball come down from the air and into BPF’s gloves, walked away and then taken a knee and signalled for a physio. 

He’s repeatedly gesturing to his eyes/head. To the ref, to Bannan and to the physios. He’s knelt on one leg which isn’t how you’d be positioned if you’ve pulled either calf. At no point do the physios even touch his leg.

He walks off totally fine, no limp.

Strikes me that he’s maybe been suffering with some sort of migraine/illness pregame. He’s maybe struggled through that opening 35 minutes but realised, watching BPF come for the ball, that he’s not right and at 3-0 could do with coming off? Maybe DM is saying calf to keep our cards close to our chest, maybe rest him for tomorrow to give him an extra day to get over it and bring him back against Wycombe.

No way is it a calf problem anyway. Doesn’t add up

People who have aura related migraines know that sometimes you falsely diagnose them. And it is in fact no a migraine.

However it them persists and worsens. So that could have been it. 

Doesn't explain the fact he sad on the bench though. 

Also, if it was a calf issue, he wouldn't have been sat on the bench either unless he had an ice pack?

This squad is such a bl00dy enigma.

7 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I think it was his calf but he was saying double vision so we could use the concussion substitute.

Top drawer shithousery! 

I also considered this. But at 3-1/3-2 we didn’t use the fourth substitution which surely we would have done to slow the game down when we were under the cosh? 

9 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Top drawer shithousery! 

Surely the referee decides if the 4th sub is allowed and that surely has to be an incident which has lead to it. 

I.e. a collision or like what we saw at Hillsborough where the keeper got hit in the head with a shot. 

A player saying he has bad vision won't cut it, will it?

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I also considered this. But at 3-1/3-2 we didn’t use the fourth substitution which surely we would have done to slow the game down when we were under the cosh? 

Also, MK Dons din't use a 4th sub, and they were chasing. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
24 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Surely the referee decides if the 4th sub is allowed and that surely has to be an incident which has lead to it. 

I.e. a collision or like what we saw at Hillsborough where the keeper got hit in the head with a shot. 

A player saying he has bad vision won't cut it, will it?

Worth a try isn’t it ? 

Guest DoesJackHunt
26 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Maybe Dean would have had to miss the next game or something if it was concussion so they decided better to say it’s his calf and hope they can get him fit.

I could be wrong though 

If the Dr and physio knowingly gave an incorrect diagnosis in that situation then the physio would be struck off and lose his career and the Dr at a minimum would not be able to continue working in sport

It wouldn't happen

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, scram said:

If the Dr and physio knowingly gave an incorrect diagnosis in that situation then the physio would be struck off and lose his career and the Dr at a minimum would not be able to continue working in sport

It wouldn't happen

😂😂😂 Like the Doctor or the Physio have a clue what tf is wrong with their patient after a 2 minute examination. Mines been looking at me for 20 years and they still don't have a clue.😂

• Haha 1