will milton keynes be worried

If they watch back the extended highlights from our match earlier in the season they will remember that we battered them for 90 minutes, Scott Twines brilliant goal aside. 

They might be a better side than then but so are we.

Kamberi was up front, no Dean or Storey or Hutch. It was Che Palmer and Brennan at the back. Mas coming back from injury on the bench. As was Windass though.

Whichever side takes their chances will win .......

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

Do we usually play well at Milton Keynes? Have we ever won there? 

One of those teams we have a very short history with. 

Played at MK 5 times

Won 1 (League One 2010)

Drawn  2

Lost 2

MK will be concerned its a must win for them if they want to clinch 2nd place.

Hopefully this will help us as when we are playing more attacking sides (than the defensive games of late) we are probably the best in the league. We struggle when teams are playing against us to draw

• Like 1

They are a very decent side, boringly efficient at what they do. They are a more defensive team now than they were earlier in the season.  

Not much rattles them but the way to beat them is take risks.  MKD like an opponent to press them as when they break it they are very effective .  But press them we must as these are league 1 players not Man City and will make mistakes eventually.  Simply put we need to get straight onto the back 3 of o hora, lewington and darling the second they get the ball.  If they are forced into going long neither Eisa or Parrott are capable of winning and holding it up.  Bannan will need to keep an eye on their midfielder Coventry who is excellent. 

They can be beaten but we will need to be at our best , take risks and be aggressive and press their back 3. 

Guest mrbluesky
38 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

One of those teams we have a very short history with. 

Played at MK 5 times

Won 1 (League One 2010)

Drawn  2

Lost 2

What’s our previous history against them?

Put it this way, they'll wish they had an easier fixture. 

It'll be a tough fixture for both sides. There will be goals and I fully expect us to concede one or two of them. 

Regardless, I'm behind my team and see us snatching a win. 

2-1 

Oh and Berahino absolutely has to start. 

13 hours ago, room0035 said:

Playing at home this season we have won 14 of 21 games and losing just 2 games.

Away from home we have just 6 wins in 20 games ranking us 10th.

We have thrown away 19 points this season from winning positions, another 2 on saturday. Had we won Saturday, we would be 8 points off MK Dons, playing them on Saturday and a game in hand against Fleetwood.

but our inability to close games down by either scoring goals or keeping clean sheets has been our Achilles heel all season. We have a very experience squad but we lack goals and would appear to lack the mental strength to focus for 90 minutes once or twice a week.

i hope we win, but i expect MK Dons will be a very tough test and dont be surprised if start with Corbeanu.

You say we lack goals, yet only 5 teams have scored more than us. Some of those have a striker that will have got a good chunk of those, our goals are spread around the team.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, morganowl said:

1 thing we will defo win at is crowd noise . they wont be worried playing us ,even morecambe have beaten us , we dont have a winning mentality away from home sadly which will cost us a top 6 place.  not trying or having enough quality last saturday to get a 2nd at bolton will cost us . 

What do you mean by ‘not trying’ I am reading that as you thought they weren’t trying hard enough at Bolton, despite having numerous easy opportunities to seal the victory.

15 hours ago, bhaigh107 said:

Will Milton Keynes be worried about playing Wednesday. I have seen quite a lot of negativity regarding this visit with people seeming to think we will lose, however  i think they will be very worried about playing Wednesday. They are under pressure to maintain their place in the league and will not be relishing meeting a team like Wednesday who dont get beat very often. 

No result is written in stone and we are hardly a pushover. They should be giving respect to every team they face. Respect, but not fear - in the same way we should be. 

7 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

MK Dons should be worried, Wednesday is due for an away win and kicked them all over the pitch at Hillsborough.  Wednesday isn't all that great away, but, they seldom outright lose.  MK does have a nice stadium though, and 5000+ Wednesday are about to make it nicer.

Where are you in Florida?

Naples 

• Love 1