Sack Moore Now!

Just now, marconi said:

I feel the OP’s frustration at the selection of NML as a strike partner with Gregory.

What ever happens this season, Moore needs replacing for the next one.

why?  

- because he managed to get a competitive team out of freebees and loans

- because he has achieved that the team plays for him and for each other

- because he tries to develop the youth here

- because he has overcome many hurdles like "winning after falling behind", etc, etc.

- because he plays attractive attacking football

- because he is installing a new positive club culture

or maybe because of his race or because you do support another club?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is the kind of OP that really makes me suspicious of some of our fans.

For goodness sake, we were winning (not losing), still in the playoffs, still with goal difference and games in hand in our favour.

Every team drop points. It doesn’t mean you sack the manager at the first opportunity. Unless you have another agenda.

• Like 3

The suggestions in this post are unreal.  Roy Keane 😂

The team picked has been pretty consistent for awhile now despite many believing that the return of players from injury would lead to more tinkering.  This team has developed over the season to be in a position many would have never believed last August. We had 21 shots at goal today, which is a testament to the way we play although I agree that with that many there should have been more than 1 goal.  
It seems to me we are in a better position as a team and a club than anyone could imagine.  So let’s change the guy that has achieved that.  No Thanks !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

Then WHY???

Thought I’d spelled it out. Picking NML as a strike partner to Gregory,on more than one occasion.

Cost us points at Oxford bringing Brown on instead of Story when we were being bombarded and crying out for a central defender. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

why?  

- because he managed to get a competitive team out of freebees and loans

- because he has achieved that the team plays for him and for each other

- because he tries to develop the youth here

- because he has overcome many hurdles like "winning after falling behind", etc, etc.

- because he plays attractive attacking football

- because he is installing a new positive club culture

or maybe because of his race or because you do support another club?

Shame about this last bit IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, marconi said:

Thought I’d spelled it out. Picking NML as a strike partner to Gregory,on more than one occasion.

Cost us points at Oxford bringing Brown on instead of Story when we were being bombarded and crying out for a central defender. 

I really would enjoy, if we could discuss here, if a selection of players or any tactics were wrong or right as I often also disagree.

Asking for a manager to be sacked, even if he gets us promoted after we started the season in a absolute mess, has nothing to do with tactical discussions, has it?

29 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

Word of advice, if you want us to read the full post don't start your 2nd paragraph with "We should get Roy Keane in"

• Like 4

Just now, GermanBird said:

I really would enjoy, if we could discuss here, if a selection of players or any tactics were wrong or right as I often also disagree.

Asking for a manager to be sacked, even if he gets us promoted after we started the season in a absolute mess, has nothing to do with tactical discussions, has it?

You think we’ll get promoted?  We couldn’t hold on to a 1-0 lead against a vastly under strength team who’s season is over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, marconi said:

You think we’ll get promoted?  We couldn’t hold on to a 1-0 lead against a vastly under strength team who’s season is over.

I am frustated today. So you better ask me tomorrow, If I sill believe in promotion.

My irritation with your statement was, that you would sack DM anyway ... no matter, if we get promoted.

In general I am happy with the season - the progress on and off the pitch

• Like 2