Sack Moore Now!

I'd rather have Keane than Moore. Not sure why people don't like him, won promotion at Sunderland, doesn't take any nonsense and is generally a good character.

Moore is unlikely to take us anywhere but gets the rest of the season now. Needs sacking when we finish 7th though which is what I think will happen now if we don't win at MK Dons. Don't fancy us to pull back a deficit in the last 4 games which is where we will probably be at after the next round of fixtures.

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I'd rather have Keane than Moore. Not sure why people don't like him, won promotion at Sunderland, doesn't take any nonsense and is generally a good character.

Moore is unlikely to take us anywhere but gets the rest of the season now. Needs sacking when we finish 7th though which is what I think will happen now if we don't win at MK Dons. Don't fancy us to pull back a deficit in the last 4 games which is where we will probably be at after the next round of fixtures.

Roy Keane got Sunderland promoted back in 2007. 

He hasn't managed since 2010. 

Why don't we get Owen Coyle in? He got Burnley promoted once. 

• Like 2

Just now, SiJ said:

Brian McDermott? 

To be fair mate most of those would probably do better than Moore, in my opinion of course.

With Keane its a bit disingenuous to say that as he's been an assistant at Villa, Forest and Ireland in that time..

Just now, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

To be fair mate most of those would probably do better than Moore, in my opinion of course.

With Keane its a bit disingenuous to say that as he's been an assistant at Villa, Forest and Ireland in that time..

No it's not. 

He has been an assistant and none of those jobs went particularly well either. 

He got Sunderland promoted 15 years ago having spent a small fortune. 

If you don't rate Moore then fair enough, but you're clearly in the "anyone but Moore" camp and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

• Like 5

Guest DoesJackHunt
33 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I’m sick of this, last minute capitulations, bizarre team selections, clueless tactics, woeful set-pieces at either end. He’s just got to go now while we’ve still got a chance. 

We should get Roy Keane in and offer him a massive bonus to get us over the line. We need someone who can pick football teams that actually win games and see them out when we’re in front. We also need someone to motivate these players because I’ve no doubt they’ve got the ability.  

Moore’s post match interview said it all. Went on about how we’d left our shooting boots in Sheffield. No, you left them on the bench (Berahino) you stupid tŵat. Why oh why has he not consistently played Berahino with Gregory. He scores a hat trick then doesn’t get a look in. Football is all about partnerships and he hasn’t given our best front two a chance, why?

Chopping and changing sides, bizarre substitutions, refusing to change the way we play during games even when it’s clearly not working, ie when we come up against the so-called “low block”. Lump it föòkin long Darren and get some big lads in box to cause mayhem. 

Why do we never leave anyone on the half way line when the opposition have a corner? We let them pack our area because we give them nothing else to worry about we should be leaving Bannan, Berahino up so it at least means they have to keep two or three back, but we don’t! Why not? 

Our defending from set pieces is woeful so why not try something else. He’s supposed to be a defender yet here we are conceding the same soft goals that we did at the start of the season with 5 games left to play. It’s inexcusable. And the least said about our corners and free kicks, the better. 

Moore will not get us out of this division. He’s assembled a superb squad for nothing and he should be commended for that. It’s a fantastic achievement. But he hasn’t got a clue how to use them. 

Time to go and get someone in who can before it’s too late. Either way, whichever division we’re in next season, I don’t  want him here as manager. 

He won’t be sacked until the summer at the earliest.

I agree he could change things up a bit more often and get it in to strikers earlier.

We should definitely leave a man up at corners and learn how to defend set pieces (the reason we don’t leave a man up is probably because we are shocking at defending them). It’s poor that we haven’t managed to sort that out all season.

Giving Gregory and Berahino a run of games together makes sense to me as well. We need to use NML out wide or off the bench in my opinion.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

No it's not. 

He has been an assistant and none of those jobs went particularly well either. 

He got Sunderland promoted 15 years ago having spent a small fortune. 

If you don't rate Moore then fair enough, but you're clearly in the "anyone but Moore" camp and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

Most managers would do a better job than what Moore has done here over the last 13 months. So I guess that would make me 'anyone but Moore', but not sure why you think that opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'd give him the season but we should have got autos in this poor league. I'm not confident we will get in the play offs now, can already envisage we're going to be heading to Wycombe needing to win and then we won't.

9 minutes ago, marconi said:

Thought I’d spelled it out. Picking NML as a strike partner to Gregory,on more than one occasion.

Cost us points at Oxford bringing Brown on instead of Story when we were being bombarded and crying out for a central defender. 

All managers will make decisions which fans question, often without access to the full information or reasoning behind them.

Mendez-Laing has played up top five times this season and we've won three, drawn one (today) and lost one (when we played Rotherham off the park at Hillsborough) - it's hardly the craziest decision in the world to start him there again, especially away from home where a pacy forward can make the world of difference.

Then when you consider that our attacking play in the first half was excellent , it looks like a decision which is fairly easily justified. But for some better finishing, yes from Mendez-Laing but from others too, we'd have been out of sight by half time. It's always tempting to think that the alternative option would have buried the chances, but would Paterson or Berahino have created or got on the end of the chances that Mendez-Laing has in recent weeks in the first place?

We'll never know of course, but Berahino did have 30+ minutes to make an impact on today's game, with a similar end result to Mendez-Laing.

It may appear to be the wrong decision from where you're sitting, but it's certainly not the kind of decision to sack a manager over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I am frustated today. So you better ask me tomorrow, If I sill believe in promotion.

My irritation with your statement was, that you would sack DM anyway ... no matter, if we get promoted.

In general I am happy with the season - the progress on and off the pitch

It’s a football forum, it’s all about opinions. You are entitled to yours as much as I’m entitled to mine.

• Like 1

My issue with Moore is he doesn’t seem to manage the tight games well. When we win we usually look amazing, really out play the opposition, but it’s the games where it becomes a scrap and it becomes a fight. I always feel he doesn’t react well in those games. 

However it would make 0 sense changing with 5 games in 3 weeks. Remember United doing something similar with Danny Wilson and replacing him with Morgan and they lost in the play offs to Yeovil. 

No need for pitchforks. Just assess it in the summer and see what’s what.

• Like 1

Just now, GermanBird said:

Are you sure that many manager would have managed to get this squad?

Yes

Moore has had one of the biggest budgets in the divison, he should be doing far better

Moore has caused a lot of our problems this season

Starting the season with 4 centre half's, 3 of whom have suffered long term injury was irresponsible

Moore has made many mistakes

Taking Bannan off when only 1-0 up against Altrincham, if Bannan needed a rest, he could have taken him off in the previous game when we were 6-0 up

Playing Johnson at centre half

Playing NML as a striker when there's a guy who scored a hat trick a few games ago

I think Moore is a poor motivator

We should have gone for Ryan Lowe, while he was at Plymouth he did far better than Moore and I bet he did it on half the budget

• Like 6

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.