Cameron Dawson

41 minutes ago, Ian said:

And several errors in Derby games

Do not remember us playing Derby when Woods was in the net. Ah, my bad. Perhaps you mean derby games.

One Boxing Day at Goodison Park, in front of the rows of Catholic priests playing (praying ?) with their beads, Woods was magnificent with his saves and dispossessing  their forwards when they broke through one on one. If I remember correctly Hirst scored the only goal and we won completely against the run of play, due to an incredible goal-keeping display.

2 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Everytime I read the Exeter write up he gets a mention for a great save. Outrageous what happened to him here and I hope our fickle/knobhead fans give him a chance when he's back next season

If he has any sense, he'll make a career for himself elsewhere

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Why oh why do some of our fans insist on being continually negative.

He's having a fantastic season out on loan, up for player of the month and heading towards promotion. 

Can't we just say well done and leave it at that?

Some just can't bring themselves to be positive and supportive, can they....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, owl-zat said:

Some of the comments from our so called fans a few seasons ago were just pathetic and even earlier this season the "he's found his level"  remarks .

He's a young lad learning his trade and goalkeepers usually reach their peak in their 30's so he's a long way to go yet.

People so easily forgot the clangers Westwood used to make every now and again but were straight on Dawson and Wildsmith's back if they did anything wrong. 

Both were a nightmare and cost us goals,and both seemed to go backwards under us......no point glossing over it..eg CD 26 now and has been at the Club for 8 Years now,and has 76 appearances under 8 managers..

Its great that he has been putting in great appearances whilst on loan,but he is in the 4th tier of 4 in the English League.

If BPF leaves would you be happy for him to return? because i see it as a page turned and the loan to put Cameron in the shop window....as a saleable asset only...

He shouldn't have been our keeper in the Championship. His confidence was shot to pieces, and that was the clubs fault.

I'm delighted he's had a good season, and thats bound to have restored some of his confidence. We owe him another crack, and I'm sure he'll get it.

But, some of his performances last season were bad, really bad, and he was even making clangers in our pre-season games too, and we had to replace him! BPF is far from the finished article, but he's better than Dawson. Letting Dawson out on loan this season was the right decision, but I'll welcome him back next term.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

All young keepers have a mistake or two in them. Young Cooper at Plymouth was praised by Robinson at the weekend, as being the best keeper in L1, but he’s not always been great at dealing with crosses. He’s improving year on year and looks like he will be a PL keeper in the future. 

Wednesday would do well to take another look at Dawson before potentially throwing the baby out with the bath water. I’m sure Basso will definitely have been watching him and hopefully he will do his preseason with us, regardless of what league we are in. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

All young keepers have a mistake or two in them. Young Cooper at Plymouth was praised by Robinson at the weekend, as being the best keeper in L1, but he’s not always been great at dealing with crosses. He’s improving year on year and looks like he will be a PL keeper in the future. 

Wednesday would do well to take another look at Dawson before potentially throwing the baby out with the bath water. I’m sure Basso will definitely have been watching him and hopefully he will do his preseason with us, regardless of what league we are in. 

Perhaps he's got a better goalkeeping coach here.

Personally don’t think he’s good enough for top end  Lg1/ Champ, but that’s just my opinion. Too prone to error, no good with his feet. Decent shot stopper, but that’s the minimum you expect from a GK. 

Glad he’s doing well mind, good luck to him

• Like 2

I hope he doesn’t come back - for his sake. 

He’s more than capable as a goalkeeper, he’s not found his level yet he just went out to play football and enjoy it, something he would never get here. 

He is obviously far too good for league two but he may have priced himself out of a move to Exeter. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

He has been here EIGHT Years mate,.....dont you think thats long enough for him to mature? show his potential,if he has any left? Had a 5 Year deal with us.....what maybe 3 left?

8 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Everytime I read the Exeter write up he gets a mention for a great save. Outrageous what happened to him here and I hope our fickle/knobhead fans give him a chance when he's back next season

He was a disaster here so don’t go on that one. 
Dont wanna c him back here ever and am not the only one.

Just because people don’t agree with you dosnt make them a knobhead

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

He has been here EIGHT Years mate,.....dont you think thats long enough for him to mature? show his potential,if he has any left? Had a 5 Year deal with us.....what maybe 3 left?

People still calling him a ‘young lad’ 🥴

• Thanks 1

All I know is if Dawson had made some of the ricks BPF has made this season he would have been crucified. BPF has barely had a murmur at him and neither did westwood despite dropping Rick after Rick in his last couple of seasons

• Like 5

Anyone remember the start of the 79/80 season?

Bob Bolder had an absolutely horrendous start and after a nightmare performance against Blackburn (3-0 home defeat where he was at fault) was dropped for 3 months as his confidence was shot and the fans were on his back.

He came back strongly and was an integral part of the team for the next 3 seasons.

Maybe that might be what lies ahead for Dawson. Hope so, the lad deserves a break. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

All I know is if Dawson had made some of the ricks BPF has made this season he would have been crucified. BPF has barely had a murmur at him and neither did westwood despite dropping Rick after Rick in his last couple of seasons

Maybe we should use the term dropping a Bianca instead of a rick. I think it sounds better