Cameron Dawson

Having Westwood either jettisoned or sat on the bench probably didn't help him. 

Could be wrong, but I imagine things would have been tougher for BPF if he had a fans fav/veteran casting a bit of a shadow over him. 

Anyway, nice to see Dawson doing well. If I was him, I'd be looking to move on from here. He's shown he's capable of playing a whole season of regular football in the EFL (albeit League Two) and I'm sure there will be quite a few clubs looking at him. Better than coming back here and the same old sh*t happening. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Playing week in week out is what you need as a goalie. I’d keep him on loan there for another year 

We’ve not a chance of keeping BPF for another season, don’t you think we’ll need Cameron in our net !!  #uto 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

We sent him out on loan to aid his development and take him out of the firing line in a hostile atmosphere at Hillsborough. It was an opportunity for him to show what he can do with an eye to proving that he has a future with us.

He appears to have passed with flying colours, so should be given the next opportunity to show that he can do a job for us.

Sadly, I fear that if he came back, a large section of our fanbase would be waiting for his first mistake to get on his back and destroy his confidence because they can't stand being proved wrong. For that reason, he'd probably be best to seek a permanent move.

We seem to have two more young, promising keepers in Hall and Charles starting their journey. If they progress as hoped, I sincerely hope they get more support from the fans than Cam and Joe have had.

He is a Professional footballer,has been here 8 Years and has benefited from Championship wages,long contracts giving job security, has played under 8 managers,& has  i believe 76 appearances.....'Aid his development'?...he is 26 and a very experienced Championship keeper, the reason he was getting stick,is that fans were fed up of his clangers and expected more from a keeper at his level and with his experience...

He cost us goals,and sucked the confidence out of the team,along with the fans...

His time with us has more than likley set him up for life financially.....are we supposed to just suck it up?

Footballers have to get and keep their place on merit,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Pleased for him. Always came across as a top person. Hope he has done enough to earn a permanent move. 

WOW !!  The lads on loan and doing a fantastic job, which benefits us by the way, and ya wanna fu*k him off. Unbelievable !!  #uto 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, parajack said:

He is a Professional footballer,has been here 8 Years and has benefited from Championship wages,long contracts giving job security, has played under 8 managers,& has  i believe 76 appearances.....'Aid his development'?...he is 26 and a very experienced Championship keeper, the reason he was getting stick,is that fans were fed up of his clangers and expected more from a keeper at his level and with his experience...

He cost us goals,and sucked the confidence out of the team,along with the fans...

His time with us has more than likley set him up for life financially.....are we supposed to just suck it up?

Footballers have to get and keep their place on merit,

And yet you don’t seem to give similar stick to BPF….who is more experienced, no doubt earns more and had dropped more clangers for us?

• Like 2

I feel for Dawson, his confidence was shot, he goes on loan and gets just about 100% good press and reviews and still he gets people saying stuff like, 'Yeah, well it is only league 2'. 

The folks who don't like him refuse to give him any credit no matter what he does. He cannot win. 

• Like 5

On 06/04/2022 at 02:16, DSandersonOWL said:

Do not remember us playing Derby when Woods was in the net. Ah, my bad. Perhaps you mean derby games.

One Boxing Day at Goodison Park, in front of the rows of Catholic priests playing (praying ?) with their beads, Woods was magnificent with his saves and dispossessing  their forwards when they broke through one on one. If I remember correctly Hirst scored the only goal and we won completely against the run of play, due to an incredible goal-keeping display.

I do, I remember Woods being very unlucky with Shane Nicholsons equaliser in particular in that 3-3 match

Glad he's doing well there. I hope its enough for him to earn a move elsewhere to a club that'll actually support him

Some of the criticisms aimed at him have been bang out of order. Its not his fault that the football Luhakay and Monk wanted us to play, made him have to deal with at least 30 attempts each match. Even Peter Schmeichel would have made an error in those games at some point.

Luhakay was a nightmare for Dawson and then Monks change in approach was also bad for him. Before that famous Christmas party, I am sure both Glasgow clubs were interested in signing him from us given his form

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/04/2022 at 23:06, Drewswfc said:

All I know is if Dawson had made some of the ricks BPF has made this season he would have been crucified. BPF has barely had a murmur at him and neither did westwood despite dropping Rick after Rick in his last couple of seasons

your comparing Dawson with BPF?

Give your head a wobble

• Thanks 1

It's sad that some can't even consider the possibility that Dawson might have actually improved with a year's  regular football away from the Westwood  circus and hyper-critical eyes of some of the fan base. That the possibility that the rave reports from Exeter supporters who are seeing him, week in week out, might actually have some substance. 

The likelihood  is that in some quarters, if he does return, there'll only be grudging acknowledgement  for the good whilst even the slightest mistake will be highlighted and exaggerated to confirm unshakeable  prejudice formed in past seasons. 

• Like 4

My thinking was it was a bit too much of a weight, we and cam himself put on his shoulders to do well. 

He's one of us, he's a wednesday fan and I think he was trying to hard and being a bit over critical of himself when he made a mistake becouse he cares too much which then in turn effected his game and performance. Hopefully th season away will stand him in good stead to cone back and make that no 1 shirt his own for a few years to come. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ian said:

And yet you don’t seem to give similar stick to BPF….who is more experienced, no doubt earns more and had dropped more clangers for us?

I dont agree with your comparison AT ALL.....BPF is one season has 11 L1 clean sheets,1 FA Cup,& 1 League Cup  totalling 13 clean sheets to press.....he is 3 short of equalling KW record of 14 League clean sheets,in his first season.

YES he has dropped some dreadful clangers as well,all keepers DO, even in the PL i agree with that,but its not about that is it?..

I expect more from both our keepers who have enjoyed long Championship contracts and job security,and both in my view seem to have gone backwards,rather than improved in their time here....

Few i think would disagree with that....Wildsmith is currently running out his contract and i dont expect him to be offered another(here) Dawson may re appear between the sticks if BPF leaves as he has 2 Years left of a 5 Year deal......

I would myself prefer to draw a line under both our keepers as to me they represent previous failure.Both have had plenty of chances to show if they can make the grade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

It's sad that some can't even consider the possibility that Dawson might have actually improved with a year's  regular football away from the Westwood  circus and hyper-critical eyes of some of the fan base. That the possibility that the rave reports from Exeter supporters who are seeing him, week in week out, might actually have some substance. 

The likelihood  is that in some quarters, if he does return, there'll only be grudging acknowledgement  for the good whilst even the slightest mistake will be highlighted and exaggerated to confirm unshakeable  prejudice formed in past seasons. 

Its not prejudice,both him and Wildsmith were dreadful between the sticks....absense is making the heart grow fonder here...a line needs to be drawn under this,and we need to move on.....

If BPF stays here,than maybe Dawson could come back as no 2 IF his improvement is permenent,personally i see him as a saleable asset only..

Edited by parajack

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

Its not prejudice,both him and Wildsmith were dreadful between the sticks....absense is making the heart grow fonder here...a line needs to be drawn under this,and we need to move on.....

If BPF stays here,than maybe Dawson could come back as no 2 IF his improvement is permenent,personally i see him as a saleable asset only..

Exactly my point. How much have you seen of him this past year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

My thinking was it was a bit too much of a weight, we and cam himself put on his shoulders to do well. 

He's one of us, he's a wednesday fan and I think he was trying to hard and being a bit over critical of himself when he made a mistake becouse he cares too much which then in turn effected his game and performance. Hopefully th season away will stand him in good stead to cone back and make that no 1 shirt his own for a few years to come. 

deluded

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Exactly my point. How much have you seen of him this past year?

I dont care  how he has been playing,i have said i have lost faith in him & Wildsmith & would like to see them both replaced,and we turn a page.Its all very well saying i havnt seen him,but you forget next season will either be (1) Our return to the Championship & vital we consolidate (2) Our second in the third tier,and vital again we get off to a flying start for automatics...

By the time we decided Dawson wasnt good enough on his return,we could have dropped vital points and be faced with the same as we have this Year...