Cameron Dawson

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

I dont care  how he has been playing,i have said i have lost faith in him & Wildsmith & would like to see them both replaced,and we turn a page.Its all very well saying i havnt seen him,but you forget next season will either be (1) Our return to the Championship & vital we consolidate (2) Our second in the third tier,and vital again we get off to a flying start for automatics...

By the time we decided Dawson wasnt good enough on his return,we could have dropped vital points and be faced with the same as we have this Year...

Yes that was my point.

I think Cammy would make a decent league one keeper and I think if we don't go up then we should give him a chance unless we can find someone else better..   Maybe with a year or two in league one he could step up to championship but not sure he is quite there yet, big difference between league two and championship..  Glad he is doing well though..

• Like 1

On 05/04/2022 at 14:16, DSandersonOWL said:

Chris Woods, a brilliant keeper for us, is judged on his Wembley error

I'm not sure he was brilliant but certainly far better than he is given credit for due to the error at Wembley (and a couple against the great unwashed). However, if Bright had scored that absolute sitter just after we'd equalised, we'd have gone on to win (as Arsenal looked shot) and there wouldn't have been the need for extra time when, of course, Bright should have put in a better challenge on Linighan when he scored. But, as others have said, outfield players don't get the same grief for their mistakes as keepers do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

I would myself prefer to draw a line under both our keepers as to me they represent previous failure.

Presumably you are p*ssed off that Bannan and Hunt are still here as well then?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

I think Cammy would make a decent league one keeper and I think if we don't go up then we should give him a chance unless we can find someone else better..   Maybe with a year or two in league one he could step up to championship but not sure he is quite there yet, big difference between league two and championship..  Glad he is doing well though..

Year or 2 in L1? ...............

59 minutes ago, Ian said:

Presumably you are p*ssed off that Bannan and Hunt are still here as well then?

NO ime not,but you knew that b4 you asked the Q didnt you?......however there is a debate that paying people Championship wages in L1 is not sustainable so i assume that keeping together the nucleus of a Championship level player squad,was done on the basis of an immidiate return.

CD & Wildsmith have had ample opportunity to make the GK no1 spot their own(and failed time & time again..),both have had  spells of injury  too....

Thats why BPF is HERE.......because the manager presumably didnt feel he could start the fight back with either of them....

'Cammy' this that and the other....just nostalgia....BPF kicked off with 4 clean sheets....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I'm genuinely intrigues as to what you think those differences are from a goalkeeping perspective?

Quality of the final ball & finishing,also more Route 1 involved so GK required to be more commanding & come for the ball more...IF CD has excelled and that area  of his game has improved(he was always a reasonable shot stopper) than his loan will truly have improved him.

Does that mean he should become our No1 if BPF not available?

I think that ship has sailed,and we need to move on,& so does he on the next step in his career

2 minutes ago, markg said:

Better anticipation from strikers the higher up the levels you go, better and more unpredictable balls into the box 

That's fair. I wonder though what Dawson specifically needs to improve upon on what he's doing this season to be capable of succeeding in the championship.

4 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

That's fair. I wonder though what Dawson specifically needs to improve upon on what he's doing this season to be capable of succeeding in the championship.

I’m not sure to be honest mate. He genuinely looked like a good goalkeeper to me but then made basic errors. One thing I notice with him was that even after a slight error that didn’t lead to a goal, he fell to pieces and then made more errors.

I think that the one difference between average and the top goalkeepers is they can put errors out of their mind 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, markg said:

I’m not sure to be honest mate. He genuinely looked like a good goalkeeper to me but then made basic errors. One thing I notice with him was that even after a slight error that didn’t lead to a goal, he fell to pieces and then made more errors.

I think that the one difference between average and the top goalkeepers is they can put errors out of their mind 

Again very fair. Confidence was certainly an issue as was command of his area. The former likely not helped by the Westwood  circus and some fan reaction surrounding it. The latter; well he'll  certainly have been examined  in that area in the League 2 arena.

Soundbites suggest that he's performed very well this season in a team currently in an auto promotion  spot and he'll  certainly have been tested in both the aforementioned aspects .

• Like 1

Really pleased it’s working out and just shows we should have done this years before

Whats been most pleasing is that when he did make a couple of errors in consecutive games he’s been able to recover, that’s something we haven’t seen from him and I think that’s something to do with the size of crowd. 5k to 25k is a big difference. 

I hope there’s a permanent move at the end of this. I can’t help but feel a smaller club with less pressure at that cusp of League 1 and 2 is more suited for him…and I also think he will benefit from a clean break from us. 

The mental strength, resilience and calmness BPF showed to recover from when he dropped his clangers is something we never saw from Dawson. Aside from the obvious difference in talent he’s just a better fit for a big club and big crowd