Cameron Dawson

8 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Everytime I read the Exeter write up he gets a mention for a great save. Outrageous what happened to him here and I hope our fickle/knobhead fans give him a chance when he's back next season

Hes not good enough to be our number 1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, The coach said:

Your opinion. Keep it to yourself and don't boo the lad when/if he does return. Simple enough, see if he can prove you wrong without being barracked and having other keepers names chanted from the stands

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Everytime I read the Exeter write up he gets a mention for a great save. Outrageous what happened to him here and I hope our fickle/knobhead fans give him a chance when he's back next season

He was never championship standard though which is the level we were playing at. He always had a good save in him, and he could do ok for a few games. But dropped clangers and that in itself wasn’t an issue. It was that when it happened he then lost his confidence and stopped doing the basics well. 

He’s dropped down 2 leagues, smaller crowd, less pressure, less emotionally invested as not playing for his home town club. Not surprised he’s doing well there as he has ‘found his level’. Hope if he gets another go here we see some improvement on the weaknesses he had before he left, a better mentality.

Good to see Dawson doing well. I think it is probably a case where he has found his level, although I think he would be fine in League 1 for a team just trying to survive.

Was always tough for Dawson playing under the shadow of the Westwood situation.

Dawson always been a good shot stopper but I just don't think his technical ability and the way most teams from top 6 of our league and above try to play suits him. Solid lower league keeper. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twolaptops said:

A goalkeeper is always judged on his most recent error

By fans with short term memories, yes. 

Unfortunately for us, his mistakes were far too consistent. That said, i hope his spell will serve both him and us well.

Always good to have a plan B because I think if we get promoted then we will sign BPF on a permanent deal. If we don’t, he will probably get signed by a championship side and we will need to have a ‘decent’ replacement and I think Dawson will be the preferred choice. Cant see Wildsmiths contract being extended. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The coach said:

Why oh why do some of our fans insist on being continually negative.

He's having a fantastic season out on loan, up for player of the month and heading towards promotion. 

Can't we just say well done and leave it at that?

• Like 4
  • Love 1