WEDNESDAY V CAMBRIDGE- OMDT

Just had MASSIVE breakfast at the Moor Cafe!, after a MASSIVE amount of beer last night to introduce my Cambridge and Posh mates to Sheffield. 

It was a bit messy but now dragging our arses out of Juries and walking to Kelham Island for a couple before heading for the hallowed turf and the South Stand Pointing Association. A full 7 of us. 

Excellent opener from Frauline Bird and good to see mi Lord is actually alive and well. Pip pip. 

COME ON YOU WEDNESDAY!!! ...will be no pushover today. They are very well organised and have a couple of unrated and under the radar squad players. First goal needed to calm things and let's hope for a decent 3-0.

UTO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A nice alternative OMDT today! 😃

On my way to the game, they are all big games now and in particular, our home games.

Cambridge won’t be pushovers but I’m hoping we return to our recent good form. 2-1 Wednesday! 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!! 🦉 🔵⚪

Cambridge are ok going forwards but each time I have seen them their keeper has looked suspect, which makes their defence a bit jittery.

i would try and few from distance in the first 15 and get a forward running in on the keeper as we shoot, he is a spiller like Dawson was for a while:  

as long as we don’t make any silly mistakes we have enough to win this easily 

3 nil Wednesday 

Crikey - starting to wonder if there’s a potential love interest between Lord Snooty and Germanbird. I hear the odd Russian bird has previously been seen at the towers, but that’s out of the question now.

Can’t bear the thought of M’lud being sanctioned. That would finally put paid to him ever buying DC out. 

• Like 1

Great OMDT as ever M'Lud, after a stat attack intro from Germanbird.

Time for Wednesday to get back on the horse after last week's fall at the 4th. Hoping for a couple of returnees from our mysterious injured list. Think we'll see Wednesday 'clicking' today and a return to a 2-0 standard Wednesday win - Byers and Gregory.

Here's the squad Darren Moore has to choose from this week:

Stat of the Week: Jack Hunt has played 143 games for Sheffield Wednesday without scoring a goal. (Come on Jack, don't force me to have to search every other player who has played more games to see if they haven't scored. I will if you get to 150 games without scoring).

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 22.01.05.png

• Thanks 4

On the way to the game, but don't have a ticket yet - kept getting an error message online last night and this morning. Just tried ringing the ticket office but stuck in queue, phone now down to 10% and no charge points on the train! Aiming to get a ticket on the north with member discount, can you get that on the gate? Should be 22 quid. Any help appreciated! 

Pre match viewing for anyone who's interested while we are waiting for team news, opposites point of view. 

Their manager seems a decent down to earth bloke, says good things about us. 

They tried to man mark Bannan in the first game, but their player came over to the manager after ,20 minutes saying "Bannan is everywhere!".... The manager replies, " I know, good luck!". 😀

(Starts talking about today's game from about 10 minutes in) 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.6624365db757703f2715b514d75bf3f7.png

"A wonderful effort from Germanbird, Stubbs.Dont you think? Pin it as OMDT would you. "

"Very good,Sir."

"Also, whatsit. Good for euro relations and what not. With everything that's going on. You know. "

"Indeed, Sir."

"Yes. I think we should invite Germanbird to stay with us next time she's in town. I've watched a fair bit of Eurovision over the years Stubbs and Ive liked what Ive seen. I like the Fräulein"

"Yes , Sir. Don't we all. Though of course, you do need to remember this is the Internet "

"And?"

"Well, I don't know if you remember the time a few of the gentlemen on here were acting all chivalrous when young Sally Cinnamon came on the site. Pressuming..before discovering."

"Ahh.  Yes. I forgot about that. An online The crying game' if you will"

"And of course Sir, you yourself are in reality a 50 something, heavily tattooed, heavily steroided bus driver."

"Good God ,  Am I?! And what about you?"

"I'm just  figment of you're addled mind, too many roids, a youth of drug taking, gallons of Stella, and a daily perusal of the Daily Star has fried your brain."

"Snoot Hall?"

"A bedsit above a kebab house."

"My world crumbles! You'll be telling me next that Hargreaves doesn't live in a 30 storey sky scraper at Moor Foot where he sits planning world domination. "

"He doesn't."

"What?!"

"It has 31 storeys. People always forget the City restaurant and helicopter pad., and they don't call it Moor Foot  they call it City Heights"

"Oh. Oh Good then. Right. Righto. Well. Hmm.   At least that's one reassurance. Do you think that Germanbird might still like to come for Tea? Beans on toast of course. Cooked on a two ring in my squalid bedsit?"

"Germanbird? Don't you mean Paulli? I'm sure he'll let you have some of his hunoungous bratwürst"

"Wait...what...Germanbird....is...Paulli ..his....sausage...Good God!  Arrgh Arrrrgghh nooooooooooooo!"

"Sir, Sir, wake up."

image.png.401b50bf529a6470a952588c3617590e.png

"Eh, what!"

"You've been sleeping, sir, and already missed the matchday thread."

"I've been sleeping? Oh thank God, thank God its all been a nightmare. A terrible dream, like poor old Bobby Ewing!"

"You have ,Sir. I did warn you to do the match thread before you went out last night, Sir""

"At least the nightmare is over."

"Not really  ,Sir. When you clattered back through the doors this morning, you had Taz with you.  He's currently explaining to the vicar that he thinks Kanye West maybe God. Hargreaves's Christmas tramp is in the living room vomiting on carpet, Asteener has just arrived to fix the gates and Maddogbob torched the Westwing last trying to make some early morning, post session, fish finger sandwiches. 0h  and Mrs Wankskill rang from the Nuns Chuff. She still has Costello and The Realist. The latter telling anyone who pops in for a pint he doesn't agree with anything and Costello has apparently been staring at the breakfast preserve for 3 hours muttering about Quantam physics"

"Ooof!"

"She also asked if you've seen Vulva lately?"

"She's a bit forward her, Stubbs. Always said it.  Anyway, tea please Stubbs.  Ahh, home sweet home"

Typical of the upper classes, a tawdry late OMDT, dropped a silver spoon of nanny's porridge on the keyboard mi Lord?

tut tut. Complacency already set in with the opposition being Cat Z & 6 points up for grabs in 4 days? 

No matter, tis better late than never, same as the scullery maid's monthlys after a quick meat selection on the cold slab, no doubt.

We will prosper today. 4-0 say the omens. Proper forrerds available. Get the feckin ball in the feckin onion bag.

UTO.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Typical of the upper classes, a tawdry late OMDT, dropped a silver spoon of nanny's porridge on the keyboard mi Lord?

tut tut. Complacency already set in with the opposition being Cat Z & 6 points up for grabs in 4 days? 

No matter, tis better late than never, same as the scullery maid's monthlys after a quick meat selection on the cold slab, no doubt.

We will prosper today. 4-0 say the omens. Proper forrerds available. Get the feckin ball in the feckin onion bag.

UTO.

There's no porridge on my keyboard you filthy swine! 

0a94deae0334484d4a5d19e63f793720.jpg.05b20434543dbb5f0ab0ab2043e92580.jpg

• Thanks 1