WEDNESDAY V CAMBRIDGE- OMDT

6 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Hi German Bird

Is there a Deutshes equivalent of ‘ Spoons you could show us a photo of to get us in match day mood whilst we’re waiting ??

Unfortunately not 😞😭

I do love Spoons and I really miss it here in Germany.

But I have a picture of my favourite at the Bankers: Cheesy chips with half a Guinness

20220128_180532.thumb.jpg.389c750c7078c9c185a708722f51097c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, A47Owl said:

Perhaps @Lord Snooty has been found out that he's another Russian oligarch. He's been sanctioned and has fled the country in his private yacht. All those pictures of HMS P*SS the League were really his multi billion pound yacht.

Makes yer wonder? lol

NO!! Lord Snooty would surely have shared his money with us, if he was a Russian oligarch, wouldn`t he?

He never would be so selfish to spend his money on a private yacht, while we desperately need a new pitch!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

NO!! Lord Snooty would surely have shared his money with us, if he was a Russian oligarch, wouldn`t he?

He never would be so selfish to spend his money on a private yacht, while we desperately need a new pitch!

Perhaps @Lord Snooty is really Mr Chansiri.

He really is a man of mysterious proportions. 🕵️‍♂️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Unfortunately not 😞😭

I do love Spoons and I really miss it here in Germany.

But I have a picture of my favourite at the Bankers: Cheesy chips with half a Guinness

20220128_180532.thumb.jpg.389c750c7078c9c185a708722f51097c.jpg

I was hoping more for a nice continental breakfast with a small glass of Konig Ludwig 

Blimey,  Bankers Draft,  you certainly do it in style when you come over here !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, A47Owl said:

Perhaps @Lord Snooty is really Mr Chansiri.

He really is a man of mysterious proportions. 🕵️‍♂️

Now you talk sense👍

I never thought of this! 

@Lord Snooty is the secret owner of SWFC! 

Chansiri is only pretending to protect Lord Snooty's identity, who is on the run now ... trying to protect his Oligarch money.

With your discovery, you now ruined not only my hope that we will get an OMTD today, but also my hope that our real owner Lord Snooty will be back anytime soon.

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

Now you talk sense👍

I never thought of this! 

@Lord Snooty is the secret owner of SWFC! 

Chansiri is only pretending to protect Lord Snooty's identity, who is on the run now ... trying to protect his Oligarch money.

With your discovery, you now ruined not only my hope that we will get an OMTD today, but also my hope that our real owner Lord Snooty will be back anytime soon.

I have often wondered who @Lord Snooty really is. His literal skills are legendary. Has to be someone who writes for a living. Got close connections with our OT leader as he is the only one able to insult him without being banned. Now there's a thought. Has @Lord Snootybeen banned by himself? Is @Lord Snootyreally Neil?

Anyone throw any light on @Lord Snootyreal identity?

He obviously goes to games even all away games. 

Who the he** is this man. 

Suggestions on here to make at least 50 pages. 

• Like 1

Snooty has had his account and assets seized due to his connections with Abramovich - so somebody has to be brave enough to start this thread in his absence.

Wednesday entertain Cambridge today and bid to get our play off bid back on track after a poor performance and result last time.

Wednesday Last 6

Lincoln AWAY - Lost 3-1

Burton HOME - Won 5-2

Charlton HOME - Won 2-0

Doncaster AWAY - Won 3-1

Rotherham HOME - Lost 2-0

Wigan HOME - Won 1-0

Cambridge Last 6

Shrewsbury HOME - Drew 0-0

Wycombe AWAY - Lost 3-0

Oxford AWAY - Lost 4-2

Plymouth HOME - Won 2-0

Accrington HOME - Won 2-0

Burton AWAY - Drew 2-2

Team news

Wednesday have been handed boosts with the returns of four players to training for this crucial tie in their push for the play-offs.

The Owls have suffered an injury crisis in the past few months, at one stage Darren Moore had an entire starting 11's worth of players unavailable to him.

It is unclear what stages Josh Windass, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Harlee Dean and Olamide Shodipo are at in their recoveries from injury, however all four of them trained with the first team in preparation for the game.

Moore has had the likes of Lee Gregory, Lewis Gibson, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru and Dominic Iorfa return to first team action in recent weeks also.

Dele-Bashiru and top scorer Gregory both played for 20 minutes off the bench against Lincoln City last Saturday, whether the two will now be fit enough to start on Saturday remains unclear.

Cambridge U's boss Mark Bonner confirmed in his press conference that this would be the first time in months that he will have more than the matchday squad of 18 available to him.

He said that James Brophy will be available to play for The Yellows on Saturday afternoon, he was substituted off in the second half of their goalless draw against Shrewsbury Town at Abbey Stadium.

Bonner also said that Liam O'Neil has returned to training ahead of the game.

The Irishman is therefore a step closer to being in contention to play even if he does not pass a fitness test for the game against The Owls.

Kai McKenzie-Lyle is also back on the grass, but is not expected to be available for this fixture.

Joe Ironside also played his first game since January 18 when he started against Shrewsbury last time out for The U's.

Predicted Line-Ups

SUPER OWLS

Peacock-Farrell, Storey, Hutchinson, Palmer, Hunt, Bannan, Luongo, Byers, Johnson, Paterson, Berahino.

Cambridge

Mitov, Williams, Okedina, Jones, Dunk, May, Digby, Smith, Hoolahan, Brophy, Ironside.

Away player to watch

Sam Smith has netted 11 times for The U's this season and will provide a threat to Wednesday's defence who were exposed last week by John Marquis, who scored a brace and assisted against a shaky Owls backline.

The Mancunian has not scored in his last two games, but scored five in four before that, including a brace against Oxford, which The Yellows lost 4-2.

Smith will be hoping to get himself back amongst the goals at Hillsborough on Saturday to try and turn his side's recent form around.

Previous Meetings

Historically, the head to head favours The Owls, who have won nine meetings between the two sides compared to four wins for Saturday's visitors and four draws.

However, in recent history matches between Wednesday and Cambridge have seen more wins for The U's than Moore's side.

The Owls have not beaten Cambridge since a 1-2 win against them in the FA Cup in January 1993.

The last meeting between the two teams at Abbey Stadium in October in League One ended 1-1. 

What the Cambridge Manager says:-

Ahead of the game, Cambridge United manager Mark Bonner spoke highly of his opponents and the squad The Owlshave access to.

He said: “They’ve got incredible depth, as well as some real quality in their team. We know how hard it will be as well as the level they can get to, they can be ruthless.

"Despite all that, we've got that experience that we know we can come out on top like we have in some big games this year."

Bonner also said that he believed Wednesday will want to bounce back from their defeat against Lincoln, and praised Owls boss Darren Moore,calling him an 'excellent manager'.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Apologies for the lack of Snooty humour.

Credits and sources:- 

vavel.com

• Like 7

In the absence of a @Lord SnootyOMDT I pinched this from the SWFC Web site. 

Sheffield Wednesday v Cambridge United

Saturday 12 March
3:00pm
Sky Bet League One
Hillsborough

A late Fisayo Dele-Bashiru strike ensured the Owls left the Abbey Stadium with a point back in October and on Saturday, Wednesday and Cambridge meet again, this time at Hillsborough.

It will be the first occasion since September 1983 that the two sides have met in league competition in S6.

The Owls have been in superb form of late, underlined by the nominations of Darren Moore and Barry Bannan for the Sky Bet League One Manager and Player of the Month awards respectively.

Wednesday hit a bump in the road last time out at Lincoln and will be looking for a swift response against the U’s.

It’s tight at the top end of League One and the Owls are amongst a clutch of clubs vying for the play-offs, currently one point shy of sixth, with games in hand.

Cambridge, meanwhile, are firmly entrenched in midtable.

The U’s gained promotion from League Two last season after finishing as runners-up behind Cheltenham and have more than held their own at this level.

Form has been patchy of late with a complete mixed bag of results since the turn of the year, incorporating two wins from the last nine League One outings and a current winless run of three.

TEAM NEWS

Wednesday: Several key members of the squad have returned to training at Middlewood Road.

Harlee Dean, Mide Shodipo, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Josh Windass have been back with their team mates on the training ground.

Moore says the group are in the final stages of their rehabilitation.

Chey Dunkley is progressing well and featured in a behind closed doors friendly in the week. The defender played 65 minutes and has since felt no reaction.

Cambridge: Our visitors welcomed back striker Joe Ironside to the starting line-up last weekend for the first time since January having recovered from injury.

Manager Mark Bonner said in his pre-match media: “For the first time in months we've probably got more than the matchday squad of 18 available, so it’s a nice situation to have.”

OFFICIALS

Referee – Sebastian Stockbridge
Assistant referee – Richard Woodward
Assistant referee – Declan Ford
Fourth official – Wayne Grunnill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Snooty took over from Pauli about the same time as Big Guns went missing 

Coincidence ?? 

So we’ve got the whole Adam West/Batman scenario playing out here? Have Lord Snooty and Pauli ever been on the same thread together?

WILL THE REAL LORD SNOOTY PLEASE STAND UP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Brookhouse1867 said:

So we’ve got the whole Adam West/Batman scenario playing out here? Have Lord Snooty and Pauli ever been on the same thread together?

WILL THE REAL LORD SNOOTY PLEASE STAND UP!

my point was more that Big Guns and Snooty have a similar literary style. 😂 

Big Guns was prone to long posts several words long 

• Haha 2