Abramovich sanctioned

ANDY

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Don’t follow European footy much.  Are Chelsea still in any competitions?   Be hard to get the whole team to an away euro fixture for under 20k. 

Still in The Champions League - away at Lille next week. 

57 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Chelsea's success has been bought with money stolen from the Russian people by a close friend of a brutal tyrant who has murdered his opponents, some in foreign countries, and has now launched an unprovoked invasion of a democratic country. 

And some Chelsea fans chant his name. Shame on them .

Sounds pretty bad when you put it like that 

23 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Incredible. They’re buggered if this isn’t sorted soon. 

You get a feeling because it's a football club they will be given special dispensation to carry on in someway with ticket sales , travel expenses etc. in the next few days.
It's only a small factor in everything happening in the world but think current events have cast a shadow over Chelseas success in recent years.

People will say Chelsea only won trophies because they were funded with dodgy money. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mirodo said:

Club shop closed as well. Probably won’t even be able to buy a pie and a pint at half time. 

Can't see the point in closing the club shop. That's going to hit genuine supporters, who have accumulated Teamcard Points and nowhere to spend em.

I think its short term pain for Chelsea tbh.

The club will be sold to the first bidder and any funds will not go to Abramovich. 

I just cannot see a scenario where the Government/EPL will let one of its biggest clubs full beneath the wayside.

Though it would be amazing if they did. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Probably a good thing the sale is off. One of the bidders was somebody who'd stoop so low as to steal sweets from kids.

Something about wanting to Nick Candy. Unless I've read that wrong....

He is married to Holly Vallance the 90s sex kitten who was on Neighbours.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, morganowl said:

there are a hell of more things to worry about than chelsea i think most lost any respect when they chanted his name when it was the time showing respect for those murdered ay an evil butcher last wkd. 

Just wait for tonight’s game. I hope I’m wrong, but it can show how ignorant some football fans can be.

I’ve already read something in the BBC Sport thread, saying that he thought Abramovich was a nice guy. He’d helped by letting out rooms at the hotel during covid etc etc. Fair enough for that in isolation I suppose, but he’s blinkered as to what was happening behind the facade.

5B4FBD11-AD0B-4578-8FB5-8CC8080E8068.png