Abramovich sanctioned

ANDY

Guest Mcguigan
4 hours ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I think its short term pain for Chelsea tbh.

The club will be sold to the first bidder and any funds will not go to Abramovich. 

I just cannot see a scenario where the Government/EPL will let one of its biggest clubs full beneath the wayside.

Though it would be amazing if they did. 

Why, they weren’t one of the biggest clubs before RA arrived.

Newcastle will just take their place.

Any other Russian owned clubs In the UK? I know arsenal had a Russian major shareholder but think he's gone, Usmanov was it? 

It's crazy to think that this move could be the thing that brings the Ukrainian situation to a lot of people's attention more. 

As for Chelsea fans, obviously I don't actively want them to see their club fold, but frankly I don't actually care if it happens. Everything that puts pressure on the putin is fine with me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

It's at the Riverside already.

But I'm not sure Middlesbrough fans would be allowed either. Don't know why I'm bothered really....

Oh, didn't realise. Guess that's the split gate receipts issue then. 

This is all gonna cause that much trouble that they'll just backtrack on it all I reckon. 

24 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Any other Russian owned clubs In the UK? I know arsenal had a Russian major shareholder but think he's gone, Usmanov was it? 

It's crazy to think that this move could be the thing that brings the Ukrainian situation to a lot of people's attention more. 

As for Chelsea fans, obviously I don't actively want them to see their club fold, but frankly I don't actually care if it happens. Everything that puts pressure on the putin is fine with me. 

Think Everton have Russian connections on their board. Wonder if Abramovich has had a word in Putins ear yet?

8 minutes ago, darra said:

Think Everton have Russian connections on their board. Wonder if Abramovich has had a word in Putins ear yet?

It's Alisher Usmanov who was once with Arsenal. He's been sanctioned already.

Bournemouth are owned by a Russian but he's not on the radar for sanctioning so it would seem.

39 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Why, they weren’t one of the biggest clubs before RA arrived.

Newcastle will just take their place.

To be fair, they were in and around the top 4 by the time RA bought them. Matthew Harding’s money and them taking advantage of the premier league/ euro 96 buzz helped them get the likes of Zola, Vialli etc. Ambramovic just took them to the next level.

Hypocritical these sanctions.

Three are an embarrassment. They knew where the money came from before they got involved. Now there’s a war and, they don’t want to be associated?

There as bad in my book for getting involved in the first place.

5 hours ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I think its short term pain for Chelsea tbh.

The club will be sold to the first bidder and any funds will not go to Abramovich. 

I just cannot see a scenario where the Government/EPL will let one of its biggest clubs full beneath the wayside.

Though it would be amazing if they did. 

No prospective owner is ever going to be the giving benefactor that Roman was to Chelsea

• Like 1