Abramovich sanctioned

ANDY

7 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Just wait for tonight’s game. I hope I’m wrong, but it can show how ignorant some football fans can be.

I’ve already read something in the BBC Sport thread, saying that he thought Abramovich was a nice guy. He’d helped by letting out rooms at the hotel during covid etc etc. Fair enough for that in isolation I suppose, but he’s blinkered as to what was happening behind the facade.

5B4FBD11-AD0B-4578-8FB5-8CC8080E8068.png

I think they would be a section of fans at all clubs who in a similar situation would be the same.
Many fans see they clubs as members of they family almost that no matter happens will defend them in public.
Think I was a Chelsea fan I would keep quiet and hope it all blows over soon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Just wait for tonight’s game. I hope I’m wrong, but it can show how ignorant some football fans can be.

I’ve already read something in the BBC Sport thread, saying that he thought Abramovich was a nice guy. He’d helped by letting out rooms at the hotel during covid etc etc. Fair enough for that in isolation I suppose, but he’s blinkered as to what was happening behind the facade.

If anyone wants to know what "Sportswashing" means, then just look at this.

These people know they don't just buy a football club - they also buy a legion of people who will defend their every move, and they'll do it extremely cheaply. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

i dont want to get into the politics of abramovich and how he got his wealth etc or what relationship he has/had with putin . i wouldnt expect chelsea supporters to hate the man but there was a time to thank him/chant his name and it was not last week while people where giving there respect to a country whats  having brutal evilness brought on them . i cant imagine roman or his oligarchs m8s will be too impressed what the mad man putin and his cronies have done . from having a life as a king able to do anything and go anywhere in the world to whats happening now .. if people do a bit of looking and investigating you might be pretty shocked at the criticism or should i say lack of it amongst russian people ,most under 40s are against this but very few are as disgusted as we are in the other 99% of the world . the older ones especially hate the west and either say we are making it up or we deserve this . i had no idea it was like this in russia , thats why there has only been 3-4000 tops at protests instead of millions , they cant arrest millions but 3-4000 they can and they will do. 

Edited by morganowl
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mirodo said:

Just trying to figure out if Chelsea fans will be able to attend away matches? Presumably they will for league matches, where the gate receipts go to the hosting club, but not cup matches where they are split? 

Would that also mean home fans aren't allowed in the FA Cup as the proceeds are split?

So Middlesbrough fans can't get to see the qf against Chelsea?

Just now, Pablo Bonvin said:

Would that also mean home fans aren't allowed in the FA Cup as the proceeds are split?

Oh, I didn’t think about that!

Wow. On the face of it this is an absolute nightmare for Chelsea and threatens their very existence. 

I'm actual fact, what will happen is that the government will allow special dispensation for em to carry on as normal. RA will 'gift' the club to one of his mates on paper and it'll all blow over. Meanwhile he will get the money from the sale via another route and walk away happily. No way will these sanctions stick. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mirodo said:

Just trying to figure out if Chelsea fans will be able to attend away matches? Presumably they will for league matches, where the gate receipts go to the hosting club, but not cup matches where they are split? 

23 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

5DB472E9-8A42-4276-80DB-2ABB07D82EE4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I can't see Rudiger hanging around as he's out of contract at the end of the season. Which is a pity as he is a classy centre half.

A few others are out of contract at the end of the season I believe.

Could he do a job for us?

• Haha 1