Abramovich sanctioned

ANDY

People have been pointing out this for two decades now - Chelsea as a club have been living off resources belonging to the Russian people. It’s a kleptocracy. What poetic justice if they go bust. 

Their PL and CL titles counts for poo in my opinion. Shame on Chelsea. I hope this is the last we see of that club of that club of thiefs. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, owlinexile said:

Abramivich clearly knew about Russia's planned invasion well in advance.  Started trying to protect his assets at least four days before.

To be fair, it was speculated about for many weeks, what with the massive troop buildup.

Granted, I said it was not going to develop into an invasion 😬

8 hours ago, Owls2k said:

There's been a lot of talk about gay players in the sport for years. Imagine being a closeted player at Newcastle, or even a member of staff.

Well quite. 

But no doubt the media will all wee their pants if the Toon start winning things in a few years. 

Mike Ashley - who is a first class knob - was a terrible owner and Newcastle were so hard done by. But now they have hope because the Saudi state is pumping millions in...

Football is sick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shezza said:

People have been pointing out this for two decades now - Chelsea as a club have been living off resources belonging to the Russian people. It’s a kleptocracy. What poetic justice if they go bust. 

Their PL and CL titles counts for poo in my opinion. Shame on Chelsea. I hope this is the last we see of that club of that club of thiefs. 

I find all the big clubs pretty loathsome.

The Americans may have acquired their wealth through more legitimate means, though if you've made a few billion you're probably a bit of a c*nt. But it is the Americans who are one of the main driving forces behind trying to turn everything into a super league where performance on the pitch has little consequence for the competition or their bank balance.

Would we also shocked if these people had also done business dealings in Russia, Saudi Arabia etc.,?

The PL cesspit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Anyone feel sorry for Chelsea really?

Not me. They’ve dined off dirty money for almost 20 years under Abrahimovic. Achieved more as a football club than I will ever see supporting Wednesday. 

Let em suffer a bit. 

Exactly.

They weren't all that until he rocked up.

Good cup side, decent league team who had some biggish/glamorous names, but I think it was one solitary league title until Roman came in.

Dirty money, run like the mafia, some proper ******** players and fans. 

They'll likely get taken over and saved, but I honestly couldn't care less if they ended up going kaput. 

• Like 2

What saddens me is the fact that other clubs have dubious owners too.

Yes, football is important but none more so than the lives of innocent people.

Can't believe how some people don't agree with this.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not me. They’ve dined off dirty money for almost 20 years under Abrahimovic. Achieved more as a football club than I will ever see supporting Wednesday. 

Let em suffer a bit. 

Absolutely not.

Also Newcastle United, their owners human rights record, especially how they treat women is abysmal.

Yet the fans think it's great.

Football is rotten to the core I'm afraid.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mus said:

Absolutely not.

Also Newcastle United, their owners human rights record, especially how they treat women is abysmal.

Yet the fans think it's great.

Football is rotten to the core I'm afraid.

Me neither. There was an article in the Mail yesterday by Martin Samuel which should be required reading for anyone who has a shred of sympathy for Chelski. He says that the same money which has been buying all the success over the years is the same money which a couple of days ago shelled a Maternity Hospital while women were giving birth. It is brilliantly written in my view.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Let em suffer a bit. 

I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest - they had two decades of success bought for them using corrupt money, and unless something really seismic happens, they'll be in a position to continue among the upper echelons of the game once the dust settles, I'm sure.

Having said that, surely there must be some Chelsea fans who've felt embarrassed by it all since the start?

Imagine if Wednesday were taken over by the Saudis etc - it would be morally repugnant, but you'd still want to follow your club and would inevitably end up enjoying the fruits of our ill-gotten gains, wouldn't you? It would be very difficult to walk away.

As football fans, we have so little say in who runs our clubs. All we can do is hope that we get taken over by a decent one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Ah yes George Galloway the man who has his own show on RT ( Russia Today)  and which has been taken of air by Ofcom because of its pro Putin stance. Nice piece of work that Galloway.

Expected this… at no point am I saying Galloway is anything other than a total cretin.

In this instance though, he has a point.