League 1 next year

Was gonna start a thread but this will suffice. 
DM clearly has a standing in the game and can attract players. 
I just don’t feel he has the know how to get us up sadly and with the players we have he is underachieving. 
We can beat anyone on our day but sadly consistency is key and we can’t find it. 
Today was a low for me. 
I’ve been in his corner from injuries etc point of view but he signs a new CH and sits him on the bench. 
We lost the game conceding headers. 
It’s not rocket science. 
You can’t keep doing this. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

This club and supporters deserve better. It's not our right to expect promotion but this squad should be in the play offs comfortably at least.

Injuries have hampered DM but every club has them and they don't have our resources.

Been watching Wednesday going on 60 years now,apart from late 80s,90s and naughtys it's been mostly doom and gloom I'm thinking I must be 🤬 

Any competent owner would look at this and go ‘right, I’ve funded a whole new team in pre season, I have probably the highest wage bill in the league, on paper some of the best players and the performance on the field is poor. Way things are going we won’t make play offs when the objective was top 2. I might as well make a change now as it’s still possible to finish 5th or 6th, nothing to lose as we won’t make it with Moore’.

But we know DC doesn’t think like a competent owner.

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’m sure one of the insufferable bores will be with us shortly to explain how we can’t expect anything more, that we’re just lucky to be doing as well as we are, and that we’re being ignorant, naive and deluded to expect anything more.

Whilst the club continues to run on fumes, lurching along with no direction or plan for the future, while the infrastructure slowly falls to pieces, we CAN'T expect anything better.

Changing the manager again is pointless.  The poison is elsewhere.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’m sure one of the insufferable bores will be with us shortly to explain how we can’t expect anything more, that we’re just lucky to be doing as well as we are, and that we’re being ignorant, naive and deluded to expect anything more.

What the same type what want a lockdown forever is my guess. Sick to death of travelling up and down the country and get let down. Get bloody Moore out chansiri for gods sake act now 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

What do you expect? We have been on the down fall since our first season since DC arrived. we have our hands tied with transfers and dc has no idea how to run a football club. Im honestly at peace with us just being competitive atm. Yes DM is clearly not the man to take us forward but at least we’ve stopped the rot. Not many teams go straight back up from being relegated to L1. This season and the next few after are all about rebuilding. 

4 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Remember those last season who said it was probably for the best that we got relegated and that they were looking forward to league 1 as our players would "boss that league"  

lol

Did fans really say that though? Especially when most left

4 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Was gonna start a thread but this will suffice. 
DM clearly has a standing in the game and can attract players. 
I just don’t feel he has the know how to get us up sadly and with the players we have he is underachieving. 
We can beat anyone on our day but sadly consistency is key and we can’t find it. 
Today was a low for me. 
I’ve been in his corner from injuries etc point of view but he signs a new CH and sits him on the bench. 
We lost the game conceding headers. 
It’s not rocket science. 
You can’t keep doing this. 

Yep. A low for me too fella. We played some great footy at times today and yet here I am listening to Jacinda telling us to brace for Omicron and all I can think about is how abhorrent our aerial defending is....... 😂

I want us to make the playoffs for a bit of fun but wouldn’t expect to win them even if we did make it. If we have a brilliant Feb we could easily get enough points to put us in a good place but I must say I cant see us having a decent run all season. We are so frail defensively it will take more than one CB to fix us. 

It will be L1 for two more seasons at least IMO. Our club is a fûcking shambles. 

• Like 2