BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

10 hours ago, Truth seeker said:

Don’t know why everyone is shocked it was always going to happen because Moore refused to play him 🤦‍♂️..good player but I get the feeling he thinks he’s a superstar and should be 1st name on teamsheet!!surely this would put other young promising players off joining us though..the sooner Moore goes the better

If that's true he wouldn't have switched from Romania to Canada where he got moved down the depth chart. Canada and Romania are similarly ranked, but Canada's attacking options are ridiculous in comparison. 

12 hours ago, El Toro said:

Makes me think we knew this was coming, hence the arrival of Mendez-Laing.

Yep, I can see Moore's thought process here:

We're losing the right winger that we've been using as a makeshift LWB as we don't have the personnel to play 352 and don't play with wingers now.

Better sign another right winger to play out of position then. Don't want to look mad and sign an actual LWB. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

To those who say Moore saw this coming which is why he signed Mendiz Lang. 
1. that ignores the fact it was within Moores control as to whether he played him or not therefore removing the problem. 
2. It assumes  that Moore has any foresight

i said the would happen months ago and I wish I had been wrong 

• Like 1

The big disappointment with this was the likes of Corbeanu were seen as the new era of free flowing attacking football. Young, dynamic players like Corbeanu, Shodipo (looked good before he came here, Adeniran. All high energy players which would have us on the front foot of most games.

Unfortunately as the season has gone on we seem to have completely moved away from this. Our starting line ups aren't actually that young (quite a number are 30+) and it's the opposite of what most fans wanted to see.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shodipo is recalled also. Another player who has been moved into an unfamiliar position due to the manager completely changing the formation having recruited solely for another formation.

Edited by swfcGibbo
Mispelling
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Some proper angry comments about this one (obvs everyone is extremely disappointed at losing Theo - myself included)

I still would like to hear the reasons behind this recall from the clubs 

I would guess it's probably something to do with the lack of playing time and/or being played out of position.

14 minutes ago, Daryl Catpiss said:

Weirdly, as a follow on from my social media post on the hounding thread, I'd took this screen shot shortly before

Screenshot_20220107-090040_Twitter.jpg

I always feel for the admins during the transfer windows. They have to put up with some right stick over issues they have no input on! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

The big disappointment with this was the likes of Corbeanu were seen as the new era of free flowing attacking football. Young, dynamic players like Corbeanu, Shodipo (looked good before he came here, Adeniran. All high energy players which would have us on the front foot of most games.

Unfortunately as the season has gone on we seem to have completely moved away from this.  

Yes

Darren Moore has caught Wednesdayiitis

Something all Wednesday managers suffer from after a while

They start off with great ideas, saying they're all about exciting attacking football then for some reason start playing players out of position, play defensive football and get sacked

Every time

The first manager to break that cycle and stick to their attacking guns and principles and say 'no - I will be an ATTACKING manager and we will relentlessly attack teams' will be the one who gets and keeps the fans onside, the one that will earn patience from us, and the one who will succeed

Every time a manager gets Wednesdayitis they fail

Every time

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Some proper angry comments about this one (obvs everyone is extremely disappointed at losing Theo - myself included)

I still would like to hear the reasons behind this recall from the clubs 

Me too, but I guess Moore will skirt around it. According to Moore, he met with Wolves a few weeks ago and "had a nice cup of tea" and they were happy with everything. So what changed? because something clearly did. According to Alex Miller it was Theo's choice to go!!!!

Was he annoyed being played out of position?

Was he annoyed with the likes of Shapido & NML playing infront of him?

I don't think we'll ever find out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, marshy said:

Me too, but I guess Moore will skirt around it. According to Moore, he met with Wolves a few weeks ago and "had a nice cup of tea" and they were happy with everything. So what changed? because something clearly did. According to Alex Miller it was Theo's choice to go!!!!

Was he annoyed being played out of position?

Was he annoyed with the likes of Shapido & NML playing infront of him?

I don't think we'll ever find out.

Anyone who knows what happened at the Christmas Party knows...

Owlstalk Shop