BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

1 hour ago, markg said:

We look better with 3 5 2 and TC was nowhere near good enough that we’d change the system to accommodate him. Same as MK Dons have found 

We’ve looked great since the new CB’s have come in. 

I’m happy. But like I said, we could also have played other formations too. And had we have done so, we may have been better off. Nobody knows. 

Really, Moore should never have signed him in the first place. 

MK Dons don’t play a 3-5-2 formation. 

7 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

We’ve looked great since the new CB’s have come in. 

I’m happy. But like I said, we could also have played other formations too. And had we have done so, we may have been better off. Nobody knows. 

Really, Moore should never have signed him in the first place. 

MK Dons don’t play a 3-5-2 formation. 

Well he plays less for them than he did for us…so it doesn’t really matter whether they do or don’t 

But he did play RWB the other night. 

We’ll file this one next to ‘he’s more effective than NML’

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

He had about 3 good games for us.

Our form since he went has improved.

We are saving money on his wages.

That to me is good business.

He didn’t only have 3 good games for us.

Yes, our form since has improved. But not solely because he left. Because Moore signed 2 CB’s and put Johnson back in his natural position, where we now play positive, attacking football where the team are confident and are creating lots of chances and scoring lots of goals. 

When Theo was here he was the only bright spark where we were one of the lowest scorers in the entire league. 

Yes, we’ve saved wages. But he’s 19 years old who’s not played first team football before, so I don’t think he would have broken the bank. 

My main point is this:

Although he has many flaws, he’s a talented young lad who would have continued to have given us an extra attacking dimension. Because apart from NML, he’s the other player we had who can run and beat defenders. Our overall squad would have been stronger with him as a part of it.

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Well he plays less for them than he did for us…so it doesn’t really matter whether they do or don’t 

But he did play RWB the other night. 

We’ll file this one next to ‘he’s more effective than NML’

He started games until his illness. He then lost his place to a good player who put in some very good performances. 

He’s now trying to work his way back in to the team. But I’ve heard that their loss to us was only their second defeat in the league across over 20 games. They’ve been very consistent. They’re a good footballing team. 

I thought they’d go up automatically but now I’m not sure. They may have run out of games. But even though we played excellently and beat them, I think I’d rather that they went up automatically so we don’t have to meet them again. Of course, we’ll be full of confidence having just beaten them, but I’d rather play another team. They’ve got a lot of strength in depth with players like Theo and Wickham on the bench. I’d much rather play someone else across 2 legs or in the final. 

24 minutes ago, Robdylan said:

He didn’t only have 3 good games for us.

Yes, our form since has improved. But not solely because he left. Because Moore signed 2 CB’s and put Johnson back in his natural position, where we now play positive, attacking football where the team are confident and are creating lots of chances and scoring lots of goals. 

When Theo was here he was the only bright spark where we were one of the lowest scorers in the entire league. 

Yes, we’ve saved wages. But he’s 19 years old who’s not played first team football before, so I don’t think he would have broken the bank. 

My main point is this:

Although he has many flaws, he’s a talented young lad who would have continued to have given us an extra attacking dimension. Because apart from NML, he’s the other player we had who can run and beat defenders. Our overall squad would have been stronger with him as a part of it.

Could this be because it took him 5 minutes to put a cross in after trying to take his man on 5 times? 

Fact is he wasn’t good enough for our first 11 and he isn’t good enough for MK Dons first 11. 

He clearly wasn’t happy playing wing back so getting an unhappy player off the books again is good business. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Could this be because it took him 5 minutes to put a cross in after trying to take his man on 5 times? 

Fact is he wasn’t good enough for our first 11 and he isn’t good enough for MK Dons first 11. 

He clearly wasn’t happy playing wing back so getting an unhappy player off the books again is good business. 

He can be over elaborate at times but he still had some very good performances. And if not for some woeful finishing, he’d have had 5-6 assists before he’d left. 

It’s laughable to say that he wasn’t good enough to get into our starting 11, especially as we couldn’t beat mid and low level teams at home whilst being one of the lowest scoring teams in the division. And before he left, he was starting most matches. 

He was good enough to start for the MK Dons where he won their player of the month for January. Again, he’s now trying to get back into a team which has only lost twice in about 20 matches. 

1 hour ago, Robdylan said:

He started games until his illness. He then lost his place to a good player who put in some very good performances. 

He’s now trying to work his way back in to the team. But I’ve heard that their loss to us was only their second defeat in the league across over 20 games. They’ve been very consistent. They’re a good footballing team. 

I thought they’d go up automatically but now I’m not sure. They may have run out of games. But even though we played excellently and beat them, I think I’d rather that they went up automatically so we don’t have to meet them again. Of course, we’ll be full of confidence having just beaten them, but I’d rather play another team. They’ve got a lot of strength in depth with players like Theo and Wickham on the bench. I’d much rather play someone else across 2 legs or in the final. 

When was he ill?