BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

4 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Agree 100%…..a lot of the anger amongst the fan base is down to SWFC having an arrogant chairman that has never been friendly or positive with the fans …..Month after month  hearing nothing from him….like being on a mushroom farm ..”Kept in the dark and fed on sh#t”

I don't personally believe the Chairman is responsible for the communications strategy

Owlstalk Shop

I'm just totally sick of all this now.

Chansiri has absolutely destroyed this football club. A team full of frees and loans who couldn't care less with a clueless manager. I genuinely think this is the worst I've known us. 

I think I'm done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Ian said:

Go on then what has he delivered

Well lets see

When actually given a run of 4 games he was dangerous and contributed goals and assists.

He was an actual threat who took players on and directly attacked teams.

He offered something which others didn't.

Despite being played out of position.

This was rewarded with being dropped again.

He didnt get it right all the time but why would he?

But yeah he was poo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I don't personally believe the Chairman is responsible this time for the communications strategy

But if he let fans know his plans for the club …..if he was looking for investment or looking to sell…….Nobody seems to know anything so fans become disinterested and apathy sets in …Any kind of bad news at the club is then jumped on by “fed up “fans 

2 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

But if he let fans know his plans for the club …..if he was looking for investment or looking to sell…….Nobody seems to know anything so fans become disinterested and apathy sets in …Any kind of bad news at the club is then jumped on by “fed up “fans 

And if he did the chairman would get abused 

I'd not tell people things either if all I'd get back is name calling and personal abuse 

DM just not very bright, johnson at cb, wing regularly starting, regularly dropping one of best players after good performances, no wonder Theo struggled for consistency at times and is alienated.

He could have been a threat upfront too but he prefers berahino 😩, clearly no eye for a player and lacking basic common sense.

Bar staying up write this season off, get rid of DM and start again, again. Shambolic.

33 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Played like a typical youngster with potential.

Excellent one minute, useless the next.

His crossing was mostly good, when he decided to deliver one. Forwards stop making runs to get free of defenders when it doesn't get delivered. A possible reason Bannan was having a pop at him.

His ball watching skills were good. If we are going to persist with wing backs then he doesn't fit the bill defensively. Unfortunately neither do the others.

We had an abundance of players that can play wide. I think DM has tried to keep them all happy, and unfortunately it has backfired. 

The 4-3-3 might have eventually worked. Theo and Shopido were possibly brought in to play as wide forwards, Wolves play with wide forwards.

Whilst it wasn't working at the time, changing a system takes time and eventually you should get there. If players don't fit you try and get ones that do.

Our squad doesn't fit the system we used now, meaning the Summer transfer window was a failure. So it needs rectifying, as best as possible, in this window.

Or we could be at the limit of our wage budget and this is a way of freeing up some wages.

Exactly this, I think it is purely financial, Moore wants new loan players or permanent so had to let the one who is on the highest loan wage go, probably couldn't just send him back , so if Moore didn't play him regular Wolves could recall him as they have done I think.

if i owned a club i wouldnt loan out my best prospects to darren moore who does not have a clue.. corbeanu will rip us to shreds at mk dons in april by then clueless fool d moore will be well gone. we be 12-15 points off playoffs and thompson will be caretaker manager till end of season with us just going through the motions .

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'd not tell people things either if all I'd get back is name calling and personal abuse 

Goes with the territory.

Had he not ripped off fans with stupidly high ticket prices, failed to pay the players on numerous occasions, sold the stadium, lumbered us with numerous embargo’s and seen us relegated to the third division with a points deduction that was entirely of his own making, I’d be willing to bet Chansiri wouldn’t get half the stick he gets now.

Any stick the fans give him, he brings on himself.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

He’s the chairman of our club …. The main man that should be leading from the front ….Not creating a stand off with the fans which will only cause more ill feeling 

10 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

What plans..? Dont appear to have any..

Can’t blame Wolves, can’t blame Theo either I would do exactly the same thing.

Wolves want him to progress and learn his trade and that definitely ain’t happening here, Theo will want to play. 

He’s and exciting young lad who wants to play and the blame lays solely at Moores door. 

Can’t help but feel this is a wasted opportunity all round 

To me it seemed like Corbeanu did a couple of good things and then ten rubbish things. His insistence on holding on to the ball longer than needed and cutting wastelessly inside was frustrating. The opposites often snuffed him out pretty easily

He did deliver some returns from his starts but it was only ever in fits and starts. I don’t think he ever put more than 45 mins performance togerher and now he’s lost the chance to really become a fixture infront of loads of fans at a big club this season 

Frlm our point of view we just haven’t got enough from him. He needed more opportunities and some latitude to make those errors and we just haven’t given him enough rope

He’s a good player and I’m sure he’ll go on to do well - but perhaps it was just wrong club, wrong player at the wrong time.

If we use the funding to get a good LB then it might not be a bad deal overall 

• Like 1

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

Goes with the territory.

Had he not ripped off fans with stupidly high ticket prices, failed to pay the players on numerous occasions, sold the stadium, lumbered us with numerous embargo’s and seen us relegated to the third division with a points deduction that was entirely of his own making, I’m willing to bet Chansiri wouldn’t get half the stick he gets now.

Any stick the fans give him, he brings on himself.

Goes with the territory to have yourself and your family abused on social media ?

I didn't read the rest because your first line was pure rubbish

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Green Calx said:

I'm just totally sick of all this now.

Chansiri has absolutely destroyed this football club. A team full of frees and loans who couldn't care less with a clueless manager. I genuinely think this is the worst I've known us. 

I think I'm done. 

During 1974/75 we had a manager called Steve Burtenshaw mate - it was much worse than this believe me. Let’s keep dreaming!!