BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes

Darren Moore has caught Wednesdayiitis

Something all Wednesday managers suffer from after a while

They start off with great ideas, exciting attacking football then for some reason start playing players out of position, play defensive football and get sacked

Every time

The first manager to break that cycle and stick to their attacking guns and principles and say 'no - I will be an ATTACKING manager and we will relentlessly attack teams' will be the one who gets and keeps the fans onside, the one that will earn patience from us, and the one who will succeed

Every time a manager gets Wednesdayitis they fail

Every time

That is not true of Darren Moore.

We started the season playing defensively and have since progressed to a more attacking way of playing, with increased shots per game through the unbeaten run.  We also conceded more as a result, together with howlers from the goalie and defenders.

We took an absolute hammering at Sunderland and had barely any defenders to play in our last match so sensibly tried to build a bit of confidence by trying to keep a clean sheet.  But that was an exception.

We have some pretty poor players it has to be said , but I do not think your criticism of Moore starting attacking and going defensive stands up to scrutiny at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

That is not true of Darren Moore.

We started the season playing defensively and have since progressed to a more attacking way of playing, with increased shots per game through the unbeaten run.  We also conceded more as a result, together with howlers from the goalie and defenders.

We took an absolute hammering at Sunderland and had barely any defenders to play in our last match so sensibly tried to build a bit of confidence by trying to keep a clean sheet.  But that was an exception.

We have some pretty poor players it has to be said , but I do not think your criticism of Moore starting attacking and going defensive stands up to scrutiny at all.

Either way it's baffling boring sheeeeeite being served up

I'd certainly not describe it as attacking in any way at the moment

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, marshy said:

Me too, but I guess Moore will skirt around it. According to Moore, he met with Wolves a few weeks ago and "had a nice cup of tea" and they were happy with everything.  

I reckon the cup of tea discussion went like this:

"So will you be giving our lad more time on the pitch?"

"Not sure I can guarantee that but will try"

"And in his natural position? In a formation that works for him?"

"Ahhh no mate - that's not gonna happen. I'm not changing my formation no chance'

Judging by this below... 👇🏻

A key line from Matt Jackson, who looks after Wolves' loan players, on Theo Corbeanu's recall: "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A key line from Matt Jackson, who looks after Wolves' loan players, on Theo Corbeanu's recall: "He has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him."

Ah, did they have a 5 a side game at the Christmas party & played Theo at wingback then?

lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Either way it's baffling boring sheeeeeite being served up

I'd certainly not describe it as attacking in any way at the moment

High scoring, high shot games eg accrington, wycombe.

Crewe - 14 shots

MK dons - battered them for 90 mins.

Pompey we had to get backs to walls in that one as they came at us and we went down to 10.

We were getting into a good groove before COVID hit us again.

• Haha 2

Just now, mcmigo said:

High scoring, high shot games eg accrington, wycombe.

Crewe - 14 shots

MK dons - battered them for 90 mins.

Pompey we had to get backs to walls in that one as they came at us and we went down to 10.

We were getting into a good groove before COVID hit us again.

We were 

Thats true 

Although most would point to not being able to win, only avoiding losses 

Either way the season is a total mess right now 

Wonder how the rest of the squad are feeling about formations and players out of position too

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

We were 

Thats true 

Although most would point to not being able to win, only avoiding losses 

Either way the season is a total mess right now 

Wonder how the rest of the squad are feeling about formations and players out of position too

Not much choice if you have no fit first team centre backs.  Hence why we had a winger, stiff and full back for most of the sunderland game back there.  i am sure they feel a bit aggrieved at us only signing has beens,  never beens, cheap kids from opposition stiff squads, crocks, unreformed bad boys, recontracting notoriously unreliable fading defensive midfielders etc etc but as you say that is a function of being banned from buying good players for years, not much  the current  manager can do about that.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

its even more embarrassing that he is going so he can play in his correct position and get more regular game time.

Well done Darren and thanks for this ridiculous formation

Sad to see Theo leave, but would we have wanted our manager to change the formation to suit a young loan player, who we just deveop for Wolves?

It might make sense to play a different formation around your own players, but not for loan players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Totally and utterly embarrassing for the club and our beloved chairman DC when he ends up at Milton Keynes Dons -  a club with no history and higher than us in the league are more attractive and play better football.

And there we have it 

Confirmed to MK Dons. 

Absolutely pathetic from all management at the club. 

Is it really that big a loss?

Worth Meltdown mayhem,did you watch game last 2 games he was crap.Lets bring on our own players and in our formation we play with wingbacks not out and out wingers.He was not one.Although sometimes exciting when on ball.Windass,Kamberi and Laing with Gregory mixing it up alot better options and can put a tackle in.

UTO

If it frees us up to sign a centre half then so be it.

imo Mendez and Johnson are better wingers than Theo. 

Donig numerous step overs and generally getting a weak shot off isn't enough. I'd Much rather have somebody to get the ball onto gregorys nuggin. Theo doesn't do that.

Theo is decent but certainly not as good as he's been made out to be. He's greedy and weak.

Get a good centre half and play Mendez on the wing and we'll forget about Theo within a few games.

• Like 1