BREAKING NEWS 🚨 Theo Corbeanu to leave SWFC

24 minutes ago, Hirstyslaces said:

Don't know all the details to be fair, but it looks to me that DM prefers Brown & Shoddypoo to Theo!

If true, tells you all you need to know about Moore's judgement. I am beginning to seriously questions Moore's coaching qualifications as well based on the formations he keeps using and the personnel he uses.  He clearly has no idea how to use a talented player when he has one at his disposal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn't DM say he wouldn't have let Shaw and Urgohide go on his watch?

No Darren, you let one of you most potent attacking threats go in spite of concerns  raised months ago. Apart from exposing his BS it also brings into question his reputation that he apparently has for developing young players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bigblueowl said:

imo Mendez and Johnson are better wingers than Theo. 

I've seen nothing from Johnson this season to suggest this. Mendez Laing has started 3 games in the last year and a half.

Johnson is 31, NML will soon be 30, both had their best times about 5 years ago. So much for getting rid of older has beens and going for younger players.

Just like the Berahino, signing these players based on them being good a long time ago smacks of desperation  and it's not going to be good for us in the long term.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Head Coach Liam Manning: “We were impressed by Theo when he played against us for Sheffield Wednesday earlier this season.

“He has good physical and technical attributes and shows a real directness in attacking areas, which will give us a new dimension at the top end of the pitch. We are looking forward to working with him"

image.png.1bc09a4e752029a8a25a7dec5b2b59c5.png

6 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I've seen nothing from Johnson this season to suggest this. Mendez Laing has started 3 games in the last year and a half.

Johnson is 31, NML will soon be 30, both had their best times about 5 years ago. So much for getting rid of older has beens and going for younger players.

Just like the Berahino, signing these players based on them being good a long time ago smacks of desperation  and it's not going to be good for us in the long term.

Desperation of a Manager that sooner rather than later will be fighting to save his Job if we continue to fall further behind the chasing pack. But my biggest anger most of all is at aimed at DC.

• Like 1

How do we all think Theo will fair at MK Franchise? For example, if we has to play vs us, would we be worried?

My thoughts are that he won't do much at MK. I know in terms of the league table they are as good as us and he will play in a more natural position there. However he was playing with better players here without ever really looking amazing. I could be wrong but I think a lack of pace will effect his career in terms of doing much, for the style of game he wants to play. He is not a clever clever winger, like a Wallace, he wants to beat people constantly and can never beta them easily due to not being fast enough.

The flapping of the situation I understand but if you really put things in perspective, he isn't quite good enough. Funnily enough I think it's one of the calls Moore has got right.

The problem Moore has is he played him out of position most of the season and was inconsistent with his handling of the player, inexplicably playing Shodipo ahead of him when he was just getting into a groove.

It would not shock me if he did do well either. One of those that is hard to judge. All I know, is when I watch him, I just see a winger who is very easily silenced by any full back with a turn of pace and who does not jump in.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mcmigo said:

That is not true of Darren Moore.

We started the season playing defensively and have since progressed to a more attacking way of playing, with increased shots per game through the unbeaten run.  We also conceded more as a result, together with howlers from the goalie and defenders.

We took an absolute hammering at Sunderland and had barely any defenders to play in our last match so sensibly tried to build a bit of confidence by trying to keep a clean sheet.  But that was an exception.

We have some pretty poor players it has to be said , but I do not think your criticism of Moore starting attacking and going defensive stands up to scrutiny at all.

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

High scoring, high shot games eg accrington, wycombe.

Crewe - 14 shots

MK dons - battered them for 90 mins.

Pompey we had to get backs to walls in that one as they came at us and we went down to 10.

We were getting into a good groove before COVID hit us again.

We were very defensive minded in the first third of the season, averaging 3 shots on target per game and one of the lowest scoring teams in the division.

It changed with the Sunderland game, coincidentally Corbeanu's first league start. In the next few games we seemed more attack minded and were getting 8/9/10 or more shots on target. We scored more than 2 goals in a game (twice) for the only time this season and scored 11 goals in 5 games.

Then since the beginning of December we reverted to being more defensive. Not scored a goal in 3 of the 4 games and few shots on target.

You could point to the lack of central defenders, but maybe rather than try to be defensive and keep it tight in that case, we should instead try and get the ball forward and attack more. Attack being the best form of defence as someone once said.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

How do we all think Theo will fair at MK Franchise? For example, if we has to play vs us, would we be worried?

My thoughts are that he won't do much at MK. I know in terms of the league table they are as good as us and he will play in a more natural position there. However he was playing with better players here without ever really looking amazing. I could be wrong but I think a lack of pace will effect his career in terms of doing much, for the style of game he wants to play. He is not a clever clever winger, like a Wallace, he wants to beat people constantly and can never beta them easily due to not being fast enough.

The flapping of the situation I understand but if you really put things in perspective, he isn't quite good enough. Funnily enough I think it's one of the calls Moore has got right.

The problem Moore has is he played him out of position most of the season and was inconsistent with his handling of the player, inexplicably playing Shodipo ahead of him when he was just getting into a groove.

It would not shock me if he did do well either. One of those that is hard to judge. All I know, is when I watch him, I just see a winger who is very easily silenced by any full back with a turn of pace and who does not jump in.

not here to start an argument, but we are above you in the league with a game in hand. How is he playing with better players at Wednesday? Scott Twine has the most goals outside the box in Europe. Going off stats Matt O’Riley is one of, if not, the best CM in league one. Mo Eisa is a proven goal scorer at this level. I fail to see how, this season, at least you are a better team than us? The only metric you are better than us in is the size of your club? 

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

not here to start an argument, but we are above you in the league with a game in hand. How is he playing with better players at Wednesday? Scott Twine has the most goals outside the box in Europe. Going off stats Matt O’Riley is one of, if not, the best CM in league one. Mo Eisa is a proven goal scorer at this level. I fail to see how, this season, at least you are a better team than us? The only metric you are better than us in is the size of your club? 

We do have a better set of players than than you. But that doesn’t equal success whatsoever.

MK Dons currently are better run, with a better manager and with a better system. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

We do have a better set of players than than you. But that doesn’t equal success whatsoever.

MK Dons currently are better run, with a better manager and with a better system. 

agreed, but I wouldn’t say it’s so black and white that overall you have better players than us.

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

agreed, but I wouldn’t say it’s so black and white that overall you have better players than us.

Not going to confess a lot about your squad, had a quick glance and you have some handy players who I recognise.

Corbeanu a great signing for you. And an indication you’re doing things right. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Not going to confess a lot about your squad, had a quick glance and you have some handy players who I recognise.

Corbeanu a great signing for you. And an indication you’re doing things right. 

Still think it’s an incredibly strange signing unless he’s playing as a striker as he doesn’t fit the formation 

10 hours ago, GermanBird said:

Sad to see Theo leave, but would we have wanted our manager to change the formation to suit a young loan player, who we just deveop for Wolves?

It might make sense to play a different formation around your own players, but not for loan players.

Moore went out of his way to sign Theo. 

The system we currently play is a shambles. 

We’re still one of the lowest scoring teams and we’re still outside the play offs. 

The smart approach would have been to play players like Theo regularly, and in their preferred position, in order to take the team as high as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Is it really that big a loss?

Worth Meltdown mayhem,did you watch game last 2 games he was crap.Lets bring on our own players and in our formation we play with wingbacks not out and out wingers.He was not one.Although sometimes exciting when on ball.Windass,Kamberi and Laing with Gregory mixing it up alot better options and can put a tackle in.

UTO

The last 2 games?

Where he came on at 0-4 down at Sunderland?

Where he was played out of position again at Shrewsbury, with Patterson as the other WB?

How about not actually playing with WB’s, considering we’re half way through the season and we’re still outside the play offs? 

How about playing players in their preferred positions, after going out of his way to sign them in the first place?

Crazy management. 

• Like 3